• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin different types of heroin info

dimethyd

Greenlighter
Hey everybody. I hope im posting this in the correct spot.

I have been trying to find information on the difference between different types of heroin..
#4 heroin
#3 heroin
and black tar heroin

cant find any information that shows what the difference is and what is stronger etc..
any information would be greatly appreciated, or resources. thanks

#4 is Diacetylmorphine HCl and used to be what East Coast Powder was... Used to be Columbian origin supposedly.

#3 is Freebase Diacetylmorphine and usually Afghan origin. Found in EU.

Black Tar is a crude form of Diacetylmorphine that is either in the acetate or meconate salt. It’s crude extract or opium acetylation and crudely purified afterwards.

#4 used to be the best but has gone to shit since Columbia’s cocaine production has picked up and heroin production dropped. Fentanyl has taken over that scene.

#3 supposedly isn’t as fent laced but I kinda doubt it, there’s some. This is probably the best street dope available currently.

Black Tar is often garbage. You can find very high purity tar but not on the street these days. Fentanyl has fucked up the Tar scene cuz no one can get high onnit with their current tolerance.

Just depends where you live as to what you get.

-GC

Black tar could also be called #2 while #1 is more or less morphine I believe. I don't remember 100% basically

#1 unreacted unpurified morphine (not designated as base or salt)

#2 reacted unpurified morphine (not designed as base or salt, but more likely the acetate rather then HCL)

#3 reacted purified morphine base

#4 reacted purified morphine with a HCL bound

This is oversimplifying it, but I believe the number system came from the DEA pretty much rating how far in the process what they had seized had been processed where it became utalized by dealers and used as a way to rate their product. I'm really not sure as I can't cite anything, but that's my understanding of this system that really doesn't mean anything anymore as I've seen DNM seller claiming pure #4 yet showing a fentanyl test strip with a partially faded test line indicating some fentanyl, but not a lot.

As far as heroin purity goes, the statistics I've seen from the DEA indicate that it's not on the level of the early-mid 90s, but is still far better than other times in the past, like the early 80s, when it ranged from 10-15% purity. And in certain markets it's quite high to this day...in New Jersey just five years ago it was averaging around 55-60 percent diamorphine, and fentanyl was most definitely a "thing" back then, although it's probably gotten even worse...but regardless, it does illustrate that fentanyl contamination is a separate but related issue re: heroin purity, as a given batch of heroin can be relatively high in diamorphine and, simultaneously, contaminated with fentanyl.

#4 is Diacetylmorphine HCl and used to be what East Coast Powder was... Used to be Columbian origin supposedly.

#3 is Freebase Diacetylmorphine and usually Afghan origin. Found in EU.

Black Tar is a crude form of Diacetylmorphine that is either in the acetate or meconate salt. It’s crude extract or opium acetylation and crudely purified afterwards.

#4 used to be the best but has gone to shit since Columbia’s cocaine production has picked up and heroin production dropped. Fentanyl has taken over that scene.

#3 supposedly isn’t as fent laced but I kinda doubt it, there’s some. This is probably the best street dope available currently.

Black Tar is often garbage. You can find very high purity tar but not on the street these days. Fentanyl has fucked up the Tar scene cuz no one can get high onnit with their current tolerance.

Just depends where you live as to what you get.

-GC

It depends on where you live. The #4 heroin I've used in Australia was great, or was 2 years ago when I last used it, and I have no reason to think its changed.

We also didn't have fentanyl here then either, or I never saw it anyway, and again I have no reason to think that's changed.

Fuck fentanyl.

It's there, but I'm not sure if it's the same issues of it being sold as heroin probably because the markets not controlled by the cartels.

We do call #4 by another name also. I guess it depends where one lives. In AU it is SE Asian sourced. Supervised injection sites can and will test for fentanyl. According to a source who views their published monthly stats, users, number of visits, what is used etc, Fent tests are very low in detection. Thank heavens - who wants to kill their customers

Yeah, Ive looked into this before. Fentanyl does exist in Australia but thankfully it seems to be extremely rare.

It's been my understanding and experience that at least in the last decade, Australia's heroin is some of the best in the world. Or at least the western English speaking world.

I was regularly drug tested for a couple years while going to a methadone clinic in Western Sydney. Never came back positive for fentanyl. Only once did it come back positive for any active substance other heroin (or rather 6-mam and morphine). And that was a benzo, not fentanyl.

Yeah they are meant to do that.

I go to a pharmacy now too, in my experience it just depends on the pharmacist.

Some are more strict about rules, some less.

I'm lucky to have a generally excellent relationship with mine.

No.3 is freebase, No.4 is HCl. Where I come from (Pacific coast) all the dope was formerly sold as 40%-60% caffeine and the remainder heroin HCl, which people would smoke, sniff, or inject equally well.

Nowadays though, the fentanyl trade has fucked the heroin game five ways to Sunday. A recent study that surveyed some 200+ opioid users in the downtown core of Vancouver found that not a single one of them was free of fentanyl - evey single urine sample they collected had fentanyl or metabolites thereof. Even the people who insisted "my guy gets uncut heroin".

My reckoning for what happened is that fentanyl started to get mixed into crappy cut dope to make it sell, then pretty soon it was mixed into good dope to give it that "kick". Sooner or later there was no market for uncut heroin because people's tolerances were jacked through the roof. Fentanyl went from being added at 0.5%, to 1%, to 5%, to 10%, to 20%... people started keeling over in the streets, the dope game became like the crack game, addicts who formerly could last a day without down turned into fiends who needed $20 every 2 or 3 hours or they'd be incapacitated.... and then came carfentanyl, which not only was even More potent, but also lasted longer than fentanyl. More overdoses. Now there's all these addicts who are hooked on chemical weapons. At least they can go half a day without robbing someone now.

There is no better time to get the fuck off opioids if you are in my hood. I feel sorry for the poor bastards who panhandle and scrounge through dumpsters to support their habit. Between the coronavirus and the crappy dope game, life must be unbearable. Glad I'm not on the streets any more.

There is no better time to get the fuck off opioids if you are in my hood. I feel sorry for the poor bastards who panhandle and scrounge through dumpsters to support their habit. Between the coronavirus and the crappy dope game, life must be unbearable. Glad I'm not on the streets any more.

Oh God yeah.

I used to panhandle, and ever since covid19 I've been wondering wtf it must be like now for people who rely on that.

Fewer people, and less cash, would mean that it must be next to impossible now.

While I'm off heroin now and have been for years, there's a part of me that likes to know that it's there.. So to speak. So I really hope Australia remains generally free of fentanyl adulterated heroin. Cause listening to what's happened to the US, it's completely fucked.

I just picked up some tar with meth in it. Like seriously wtf is happening. I didnt have a test kit but I bought a drug test and pissed dirty for amphetamine and can pick the crystals out of the tar.

No.3 is freebase, No.4 is HCl. Where I come from (Pacific coast) all the dope was formerly sold as 40%-60% caffeine and the remainder heroin HCl, which people would smoke, sniff, or inject equally well.

Nowadays though, the fentanyl trade has fucked the heroin game five ways to Sunday. A recent study that surveyed some 200+ opioid users in the downtown core of Vancouver found that not a single one of them was free of fentanyl - evey single urine sample they collected had fentanyl or metabolites thereof. Even the people who insisted "my guy gets uncut heroin".

My reckoning for what happened is that fentanyl started to get mixed into crappy cut dope to make it sell, then pretty soon it was mixed into good dope to give it that "kick". Sooner or later there was no market for uncut heroin because people's tolerances were jacked through the roof. Fentanyl went from being added at 0.5%, to 1%, to 5%, to 10%, to 20%... people started keeling over in the streets, the dope game became like the crack game, addicts who formerly could last a day without down turned into fiends who needed $20 every 2 or 3 hours or they'd be incapacitated.... and then came carfentanyl, which not only was even More potent, but also lasted longer than fentanyl. More overdoses. Now there's all these addicts who are hooked on chemical weapons. At least they can go half a day without robbing someone now.

Reminds me of Thomas Highsmith, just on a mass level.

I just picked up some tar with meth in it. Like seriously wtf is happening. I didnt have a test kit but I bought a drug test and pissed dirty for amphetamine and can pick the crystals out of the tar.

Who the fuck adds stimulants to heroin?

caffeine is a popular cut (forms a eutectic mix with heroin)

Which also seems stupid to me.

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I like my heroin to contain... Heroin.

And well, I don't want to feel stimulated on my opioids. I want to feel sedated.

Fortunately caffeine doesn't do much to me anyway, but I'm gonna notice if there's meth in it.

If I wanted meth AND heroin, I'd take meth... and heroin. Though generally I almost never have, to me it ruins the heroin.

I love the heroin rush, I hate the meth rush. So the last thing I want is the latter wrecking the former.

The dope game in the USA has reached a point that is so bad that long term addicts are actually quitting because its legitimately no longer worth it.

Fentanyl has ruined everything. You have a better chance of ODing than reaching the high that you want. Plus, the high is so much more short lasting, like 2-3 hours tops.

It is hard to hit that sweet spot with a good nod that lasts. It didn't used to be like that when heroin was actually heroin.

West coast Tar used to be great IME about 8 years ago. Its was cheap and high quality. You could do a shot and catch a nod that lasted for hours and had a significantly lower risk of ODing.

As someone else said, FUCK FENTANYL.!

I don't understand it.

Why wouldn't the market cause there to still be heroin available? Like, if you have heroin and want to sell it, surely you're gonna realize there's a market that's not being filled for it?

Why is the free market unable to correct it?
I've yet to meet anyone who actually wants fentanyl in their heroin.

I don't understand it.

Why wouldn't the market cause there to still be heroin available? Like, if you have heroin and want to sell it, surely you're gonna realize there's a market that's not being filled for it?

Why is the free market unable to correct it?
I've yet to meet anyone who actually wants fentanyl in their heroin.

I wish I knew the answer because I totally agree. If you had some real heroin you could literally take over the town.

I guess it because fentanyl is so cheap that somewhere high up the chain they just said fuck real heroin, we will just flood everything with fentanyl and they'll but it anyway.

It fucking sucks and I hope eventually it will change back. It's ridiculous that in most places you literally can not buy actually heroin.

So far, to my knowledge, Australia is still largely fentanyl free. Might be because it's supplied by different manufacturers.

I just hope it stays like that.

Its crazy though, especially if as you say some would rather quit entirely. Or move to other opioids that make money for different people.