• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Different pods

Survival0200

Bluelighter
Have you noticed that some poppy pods are more potent than others, even if they look the same and are the same size? I tend to make a tea of 6 pods (it's a nice number). Sometimes the effects are subtle, but sometimes I'm almost overdosing. Are the pods different or does it have something to do with my body chemistry, alertness level or set & setting? It's a bit scary, because you never know what kind of effects are you getting ...

The number of pods isn’t a very accurate way of dosing. I would recommend to switch to weighing your dose.
Some pods could weigh 1g while others could weigh 3g. That would cause a pretty big difference in the effects you feel.

Even weight isn’t totally accurate. Different crops will have different potencies

It’s best to treat your tea as a concentrated morphine solution. Maybe it’s overkill, but the gold rule of drug taking is that you can always dose more not less

but also don’t discount your own set and setting. It certainly can affect the perceived strength of an experience, though likely has no impact on respiratory depression if that’s your fear.