View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Different effects with two uses of a 'acid' blotter

ShadySkell

Greenlighter
So about a week ago me and some of my buddies all dropped acid out in a forest and had a little fire it was pretty fun.(we dropped them at 11pm and it lasted till 5 am btw) But that time I was triping major balls, about three days later I take the other tab I bought. I got a nice high and got those weird body feels after 40 minutes but I didnt get the mind set I got the first time and there were no visuals except for 10 minutes of things slightly moving but after the ten minutes I had already come down, and yes ik that happened because of my tolerance. But I bought another tab about a week after that time and dropped it that night. Now I dont know if it has to do with the batch or what but I got all of the effects I should have gotten from LSD but I had little to no visuals. Also I dropped it at 9PM and it began to kick in at 10PM, I had alright visuals around 3 hours in but then I had none after that yet I still had the high. The high lasted all the way to 6 AM. IK its hard to answer this question without actually having the tabs to test or feel them out but do you think I got some experimental drug,25i nbome, or actual LSD. Also another weird thing about these tabs the dealer continued to constantly tell me and my friends not to take more than 1 because the acid is 94% and double dipped. Now this is bs ik especially for street acid theres no way that its 94% and if its actual LSD two shouldn't be detrimental like yea you will be tripping really hard but it shouldnt be bad.

Thanks for the feed back
ShadySkell

No one can answer the question about what's in your tabs accurately on here, and if anyone did they'd be guessing. And it's against forum rules to try to ID drugs, because it's just not possible or safe.
I think it's typical for tolerance to attenuate visual effects more acutely than other effects, with LSD and other psychedelics as well.
The 10pm - 6am part doesn't seem unusual to me for LSD.
94% and double dipped mean nothing coming from a street vendor either, as you guessed.

Like perpetual said, I'm guessing. If you had an NBOMe (25i, 25b, whatever), you would have to hold it under your tongue and it would be numb/bitter. If you just swallowed your tab and tripped, it would likely be lsd or another lysergamide.

I'm also *guessing* it had to do with tolerance. You tripped twice in 1 week, and then tripped again the next week. Give yourself at least 2 weeks between trip and don't trust dealers.

Trips using the same substance and dose can differ dramatically in quality, but tripping 3 times in two weeks is pretty much guaranteed to give you two weak trips. Two weeks is a good minimum time to wait for psychedelic tolerance to reset.

And what would 94% mean in this context, anyway? If you dipped a blotter in 94% acid you'd get a multi-milligram dose of acid. Your dealer is either lying to you or is an idiot.

IME, a dealer warning you not to take more than one or two doses is a sure fire sign they're selling fake blotters. Any time I've heard that, it hasn't been LSD. They probably give those warning because they know you'll die if you take too many, unlike LSD where you can eat the whole 10 strip and come out fine.

A single dose of real LSD isn't likely to produce much visuals, IME only 2-3 or more tabs will give strong visuals. LSD is about the mental trip, the visuals just help in reinforcing that mental state. Whereas, an Nbome will give you insane visuals with a single tab on average. If you're tripping dick, but your mind feels grounded or you're just laughing a lot and not having intense life revelations, it's likely you got an Nbome.

Last edited:
Had it been NBoMe, you probably would not have felt anything a week after your two previous experiences. Hence I would guess LSD is what you got...however I agree that advice not to take more than one blotter strongly indicates a possibility of chemical not being acid.
In short: do not trip more often than two weeks in a row for best results, whatever the substance.

Possible reasons:

- tolerance
- the effects of psychedelics are just very variable from trip to trip!
- different potency
- different substances

imo not really an option is: the whole LSD quality idea that batches can differ in effects. We will not go into that in this thread, because it is one of those endless discussions that we have centralized here:
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/683253-Dirty-Acid-FAQ-amp-Discussion