• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Different colors of fentanyl vapor

NiacinFlush

Greenlighter
Hi Bluelight- first post here, but i have been accessing all the incredible feedback, replies and general knowledge for years and its really cool to finally post on here with a question.

So I work at a syringe exchange program and something that I have heard about for years when talking about fentanyl is the "purple" or "pink" or "blue" fent. Folks are describing the hue of the vapor when smoked.

What is going on here? Can I get anecdotal information? Are there any academic articles that are even vaguely related to this? Is there a way to cut the fent to give it specific hues?
My guess is that as colors cycle through the market, its indicative of different analogues cycling through. I want to get more granular than this, though.

Thanks y'all.

I use to do this and never saw different colour vapors.

My assumption is that it's either a junky myth or something that's cut into the fentanyl.

Again, these are assumptions rather then truths. Maybe someone else can give some better insight.

I have done all kinds of fentanyl and fentanyl analogues, and never heard anything about colored vapour. are you sure you're not confusing colored vapour vs the actual physical colour of the drug? Because sometimes fentanyl is died with food colouring as kind of way of branding it.

I have done all kinds of fentanyl and fentanyl analogues, and never heard anything about colored vapour. are you sure you're not confusing colored vapour vs the actual physical colour of the drug? Because sometimes fentanyl is died with food colouring as kind of way of branding it.
this is interesting.

for clarity this is a question based out of the san francisco tenderloin, SoMa markets.

so i have asked for folks to repeat this when they say it and its the vapor/fent on the foil.

My assumption is that it's either a junky myth or something that's cut into the fentanyl.

Again, these are assumptions rather then truths. Maybe someone else can give some better insight.
yeah and when i hear this stuff in a counseling situation i always listen *around* what they are saying and hear “oh that stuffs too strong for me” or “they couldnt handle this particular corners batch” so on and so on. not like taking note of “which color is strongest this month”. there is no way to confirm that stuff.

yeah and when i hear this stuff in a counseling situation i always listen *around* what they are saying and hear “oh that stuffs too strong for me” or “they couldnt handle this particular corners batch” so on and so on. not like taking note of “which color is strongest this month”. there is no way to confirm that stuff.
Yeah if there is colour in the vapor I am almost certain it's adulterated with something. This could even end up being unsafe.

I wonder if they are smoking it off something other then tinfoil. Certain metals create colours when burnt. I dont think it would cause the vapor to change colour but I am also not an expert on the topic.

Yeah if there is colour in the vapor I am almost certain it's adulterated with something. This could even end up being unsafe.

I wonder if they are smoking it off something other then tinfoil. Certain metals create colours when burnt. I dont think it would cause the vapor to change colour but I am also not an expert on the topic.
Indeed. That would be messed up if dealers were adding chemicals to make the smoke itself colored.

the foil is a good lead. in san francisco all of our agency's give out reynolds pit-masters choice.

it really is the good stuff.

Sorry to go off topic but since it has steered towards foil + harm reduction services it kinda fits:

Which is the correct side of the foil to place facing upwards, shiny or matte? I've heard arguments both ways, some say the shiny side reflectes heat too much so shouldn't be facing down since then it'll reflect more of the lighters heat away. In my experience some chemicals seem to run much better on the shiny side whereas it gets stuck In place easier on the matte side and thus burns easier. So it seems to work better with the shiny side facing up for me. Then I've heard concerns of one side having chemical additives added for nonstick purposes but I'm not sure about this for regular run of the mill aluminum foil.

when the foil is being manufactured one side is flattened smooth as it comes into contact with rollers, so I think the only difference n between the sides is that the shiny side is just much smoother whereas the matte side is a rougher surface. So it probably shouldnt matter too much, probably just best to go with whichever side seems to work the best?

Or Is there any harm reduction concerns with which side to use?

Yeah they're probably talking about the color of the product, at least I hope so.
Things that produce colored smoke/vapor are usually quite toxic, I personally can't think of any that would be safe to inhale.

Sorry to go off topic but since it has steered towards foil + harm reduction services it kinda fits:

Which is the correct side of the foil to place facing upwards, shiny or matte? I've heard arguments both ways, some say the shiny side reflectes heat too much so shouldn't be facing down since then it'll reflect more of the lighters heat away. In my experience some chemicals seem to run much better on the shiny side whereas it gets stuck In place easier on the matte side and thus burns easier. So it seems to work better with the shiny side facing up for me. Then I've heard concerns of one side having chemical additives added for nonstick purposes but I'm not sure about this for regular run of the mill aluminum foil.

when the foil is being manufactured one side is flattened smooth as it comes into contact with rollers, so I think the only difference n between the sides is that the shiny side is just much smoother whereas the matte side is a rougher surface. So it probably shouldnt matter too much, probably just best to go with whichever side seems to work the best?

Or Is there any harm reduction concerns with which side to use?
Great and common question.

When the foil is still in one long massive sheet one side runs along metal rolls and that buffs it and makes it shiny. thats all it is. I did a Fentanyl Smokers focus group where we distributed hella kinds of foil, said come back in a week let us know how it was! Pitmasters Choice was the winner.

however if you find the product runs more efficiently on one side- i believe you.

Yeah they're probably talking about the color of the product, at least I hope so.
Things that produce colored smoke/vapor are usually quite toxic, I personally can't think of any that would be safe to inhale.

i really want to believe my folks. my mind is starting to think “oh could it be really only visible at night” and thats clearly such a stretch

here is the fentanyl flyer born out of the 2 part Fentanyl Smokers Focus Group.

i apologize for the quality of the print job, believe me its very pretty when its not deep-fried.

MeUhCJR.jpg

iUjTUZ6.jpg

It really saddens me to see fentanyl as the main street drug. When I started getting out of the game no one really used it. I had to buy fentanyl analogies from China and even with that. I never gave to friends. I was so highly addicted with a 1kg bag of acetyl-fent in the house....

I really wish the streets would go back to oxys and heroin... I wish the best to all on the street.