Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Differences of tryptamine salt forms and the AcO - HO relation

i've always found that snorting 4-aco-dmt
almost doesn't metabolize properly.

I snorted it recently at 75mg and laid down to wait for the trip to happen
which you would have thought would have been immediate.

Instead it wasn't and it didn't start to really hit me until pretty much all the drips had fallen out of my nose... it was truely epic... i love this material.

The only reason 4-AcO-DMT is sold as the fumarate nowadays is because the company trying to synthesize it couldn't get the HCl salt to form a solid. (i know this because i was the person who got the first custom synth of it in 2006, after that they started selling it and its popularity exploded)

I think its similar with N,N-DMT, the HCl often looks like goo.

Thank you Yaesutom for bringing about a gem. One of, if not the best, RC to ever hit the market.

These days though, alot of the tryptamines sold are the fumurate.

I believe this has something to do with the fum. salt being more stable than the hcl.

Last edited:
^ I have also read that the fumarate salt of many tryptamines is typically more stable than the equivalent hcl salt.

i've always found that snorting 4-aco-dmt
almost doesn't metabolize properly.

I snorted it recently at 75mg and laid down to wait for the trip to happen
which you would have thought would have been immediate.

Instead it wasn't and it didn't start to really hit me until pretty much all the drips had fallen out of my nose... it was truely epic... i love this material.

In my (somewhat limited) experiences, it worked great when insufflated. I would always make sure my nose was clean and sniff a tiny drop of water after insufflating it to make sure that it didn't cake up. It was never unpleasant beyond the drip which had that extremely-bitter taste.

This reminds me of something funny I've noted multiple times with 4-AcO-DMT. The next day after sniffing the psilacetin, upon blowing my nose, I always find that my mucus is particularly blue in places. The powder that I've got is flat white, but from what I understand, 4-AcO turns blue when it undergoes hydrolysis to psilocin. I read a few posts that said you could do this in vitro by putting the psilacetin in distilled water with table salt (NaOH) to convert most of it into 4-HO-DMT. In the process, it is supposed to turn blue.

Did this happen in my nostrils? And if so, is this a sign that some amount of it did not get absorbed? It seems like it's quite possible... Has anyone else gotten blue boogers from snorting 4-AcO-DMT?

Sorry if this is slightly off-topic, but I guess it's at least tangentially related to the AcO - HO relationship.

^quite an interesting post. I suppose that could happen if the 4-aco hydrolysis assumption is correct, as most fluid that comes out of humans has some NaCl in it. I may have to try this the next time i aquire this compound.

Also, could the percieved smoothness of the acetate esters be due to the time it takes to convert the Aco-->HO? I suppose some could cross the BBB before being hydrolized, and this could account for some of the differences as well... just a thought

Last edited: