• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Difference between NBOMe's and LSD?

LSD is practically non-toxic. You can take 100+ doses of LSD and not die, NBOMe can kill you off of as little as 3 blotters. NBOMe tastes metallic/bitter, LSD has hardly any taste at all. LSD shines under a black light, NBOMe does not. LSD trips will connect you with god/universe and having you experiencing infinity, NBOMe will give you a nasty body high and super intense visuals with similar fractal patterns as lsd. The only similarity NBOMe has with LSD is the fractal patterns and that it's sold on blotter IME.

Nbome can be deadly as low as 8mgs. Swim had a fair share of bad experience with it , two friend went into seizures after taking it and paid themselves a trip to the ER .
it also has an intense body load wich is VERY unpleasant and lots of nausea to .

LSD is ergot based compound more related to tryptamine. Nbome are phenethylamine related to their 2c-x counter part

Edit : Highdroxy did you say as low as 8 mg? Slow your use your burning your brain out. Shouldn't even do more than 1 mg where 500 mcg seems to be a standard dose where I think 250 mcg is an even better place to start if not 100 mcg just like lsd. This compound really should just be used to analyze the area it activates as it's a much stronger more selective serratonin agent. It really shouldn't be consumed by humans imo

If the nbome tab numbs your tongue it's definitely doses too high. Sometimes the taste is faint, but easy to tell apart from the slight flavorless tingle lsd has.

Last edited:
LSD is beautiful and what a psychedelic should be whereas NBOMe is shallow and toxic feeling and doesn't even give you profound beautiful experiences. It's literally like comparing gold to shit.

NBOMe is has stronger visuals, its more overwhelming, and it's highly toxic/dangerous. Psychedelic venom i'd call it, very little therapeutic potential.
LSD has more mental depth, the visuals are more comprehensible, and post trip you get this wonderful feeling of rebirth and freedom that few drugs can match.

Agreed with taste I've never taken LSD before however I've taking 25-nbome and everything had this super deep feeling and look and my body felt like it had an incredible energy going through it I wouldn't call that nasty but May be that's just me?

NBOMe compounds at doses less than about 1mg can be nice, you just have to treat them with respect. A lot of people get messed up with heavily loaded blotters or taking excessive doses.
They are not all necessarily toxic compounds with huge body loads and no pleasurable effects... some people do enjoy them.

The NBOMe compounds were invented only recently (around 2010) and haven't had anywhere near the extensive research LSD has had. They have completely different structures to LSD and are suspected to bind at a different site on the 5ht2a receptor, but produce similar effects. From what we know, LSD is moderately safer in overdose than any NBOMe drug. Many people have died from taking heavy recreational doses of NBOMe or in cases where they were taking blotters expecting it to be the same as LSD.

Initially, some people suspected NBOMe compounds were not orally active, this is now suspected to be untrue at least in some individuals.

LSD is not "non-toxic" in large overdoses, I'm thinking in particular a case where people snorted powdered LSD thinking it was cocaine; it can result in not only a psychotic or catatonic state, but also bleeding, vasoconstriction, and serious vascular complications if you don't have emergency staff to treat and stabilize you.

NBOMe compounds at doses less than about 1mg can be nice, you just have to treat them with respect. A lot of people get messed up with heavily loaded blotters or taking excessive doses.
If this trip report/fatality report is true, then this is not the case.

https://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=103021

Sure, it´s just an anecdote. But there´s no reason to think it´s a lie. In my opinion, this one story is reason enough to stay the fuck away from NBOMe´s. Yes, I did find 25I-NBOMe a nice enough trip myself when I tried it, but not nice enough to risk my life for.

LSD is not "non-toxic" in large overdoses, I'm thinking in particular a case where people snorted powdered LSD thinking it was cocaine; it can result in not only a psychotic or catatonic state, but also bleeding, vasoconstriction, and serious vascular complications if you don't have emergency staff to treat and stabilize you.

But the question is, how do you define an overdose? twice the recreational dose? ten times the recreational dose? In the case you mentioned, they each insufflated between 20-40 mg of LSD. You do the math, how big an overdose was it? it wasn´t just an overdose. It was a grossly extremely insane overdose.......and they didn´t even die :) How does that not attest to the safety of LSD?

To my knowledge, there´s only one pharmacological death from LSD ever reported, and that´s in 71 years of use, since it was discovered! Think about how many millions of doses that have been consumed since then.

LSD is one of the safest psychedelics that we know, but of cause it can kill too. Everything kills in an overdose, even Water.

In my opinion, you have your facts right, but your conclusion wrong.

Not to encourage NBOMe use at all, but isn't 1.59ng/ml still a damn fucking lot of NBOMe? The post states 2 hits buccal, but the NBOMes were really popular on the darknet and there have numerous reports of sketchy blotters.

Not to encourage NBOMe use at all, but isn't 1.59ng/ml still a damn fucking lot of NBOMe? The post states 2 hits buccal, but the NBOMes were really popular on the darknet and there have numerous reports of sketchy blotters.

Are you talking about the 25B-NBOMe fatality report I linked? I don´t think they knew how much was on the blotters, just that he had taken them before and been okay. Actually been awhile since I read it. Even if it was a question of badly laid blotters he was still killed by a buccal dose that couldn´t have been that many times higher than the recreational dose he had been fine with earlier.

Anyway, if you take NBOMe´s you´re either trusting someone else to be infallible, or your trusting yourself to be infallible. (in regards to dosing, if that wasn´t clear :) )

Truth is, no one is infallible. Everyone can make a miscalculation or a bad call on a bad day. With NBOMe´s the difference between an active dose and a lethal dose is simply too Little. Fuck up and you´ll most likely die.

But with something like LSD you really, really have to fuck up badly, like mistaking your LSD powder for cocaine for instance.......And you might still even survive.

Last edited:
They are not all necessarily toxic compounds with huge body loads and no pleasurable effects... some people do enjoy them.
I'm sorry seiko I have to disagree. I believe this should only be used for analytic of that receptor sight as it's unique to other psychedelics because it's extremely selective of the 5ht2a receptor about 1000x more so than other psychedelics. It binds itself to the receptor extremely aggressively and something holding onto the body is body load imo although I'm pulling at straws on that connection. LSD is already known to be more prone to setting off mental health disorders probably because of the dopamine activity as that is it's unique quality... If only a 1000x dopamine agent that acts where lsd does could be used as an analytic took, but probably not an enjoyable compound for most.

Even the Columbians Devils breath is enjoyed by some at " safe doses " and shamans with very old traditions as a very healing plant teacher. I just would recommend nbomes be avoided especially with so many ergot compounds around

I've tried 25I-NBOMe and 25C-NBOMe, and while I never got anything very pleasant out of 25C, I had some fairly interesting experiences with 25I.

In my opinion, 25I...

- Is less insightful, intellectual, and "spiritual" than LSD.
- Is more visual than LSD (the visuals are very beautiful and complex).
- Has a more edgy, hyperactive, out-of-control feeling than LSD.
- Tends to cause emotions to spiral more easily than LSD, whether good or bad.

Probably the coolest trip I had with 25I was one in which I felt a kind of "friendship with myself", where I felt an intense, loving connection to myself. But I still rate LSD as the superior of the two, by far.

they are two different psychedelic compounds, pretty much

i think it's stupid to say that NBOMe's are trash as psychedelics. i personally have had one awesome and extremely positive experience on a random NBOMe that left me feeling in touch with myself and in a week-long positive afterglow. it did have a bad body load and i puked at the beginning but well, that happens even on shrooms with some people. and with all people on mescaline.

the problem is that it's sold as legit acid. but then the problem is the people, not the drug. in fact, around here, people that weren't educated about 'not all blotters are LSD' (comprehensible, not everyone googles 'LSD') generally tend to prefer the NBOMe blotters - not knowing it's another chemical -, because the tabs with acid are really underdosed and to get a solid experience you'd need 2-3 of them.

of course NBOMe's can kill and make you seize at normal doses, and that sucks, but still, the problem is not knowing how many mcgs are in your blotter, not the compound itself. and that sucks even for acid. a drug being able to kill you doesn't make it inherently bad imo, lots of people IV cocaine and the line between seizing the fuck out and a bellringer is pretty thin.

about the experience, ime, NBOMe's are way more visual and uhhh... don't have something that LSD and shrooms do have, that is always making me want to open my mouth and put my tongue out like crazy, lol... NBOMe's make me puke too...

if i could i'd always do LSD and not NBOMe's, but when i plan and arrange a setting for a trip, if i put that tab under my tongue and realize it's NBOMe, it ain't fucking up my plans for the night... i'm getting my trip anyway... just i know that i will not take more than one tab though...

well, whatever

That one time I did 25I-NBOMe I didn´t find it that visual, but I could totally imagine that it could be though. But I wonder, when you guys say that it´s more visual than LSD, what do you base that on? I´m just curious, do you equate 100 ug with 1 mg of 25I or what? I think comparing doses like that between quite different compounds is a bit tricky, because their dose/response curves are completely different after all.

If you don´t think LSD is visual, then you´re probably not taking enough :)

Personally I compare the visual distortions with the mindfuck/headspace change.

With NBOMe, at a dose that will have complex 3D patterns forming on top of everything and then flying into the air, tracers so hard i can't tell if i'm looking at the floor or still at the wall and everything is glowing and blending into itself, i can still make a sandwich for example. With shrooms, at a dose with much less visual distortions i can't stop laughing and can't concentrate, it's very disorienting.

LSD is somewhere in between for me. Very clear headed at low doses but gets really weird when the visuals get immersive.

Personally I compare the visual distortions with the mindfuck/headspace change.

With NBOMe, at a dose that will have complex 3D patterns forming on top of everything and then flying into the air, tracers so hard i can't tell if i'm looking at the floor or still at the wall and everything is glowing and blending into itself, i can still make a sandwich for example. With shrooms, at a dose with much less visual distortions i can't stop laughing and can't concentrate, it's very disorienting.

LSD is somewhere in between for me. Very clear headed at low doses but gets really weird when the visuals get immersive.

Yep, same here.