Did you get picked on/bullied when younger?

I can relate to all of you. I have been picked on my entire life. I have been a bit overweight since like 5 or 6 grade but was always made fun of just because i was always bigger than other kids, taller and a generally bigger frame. I was bullied by a few kids constantly when I was young. finally I got the balls to kick the shit out of those kids and send em home crying. I was picked on throughout high school. It was never horrible but kids would say things like whats up fatboy? or lunchbox, its wasnt horrible but didnt improve my confidence. I think all that shit has fucked up my self confidence. I still have so much trouble with chicks. Why even talk to them your ugly and you will be rejected anyway? thats has been very tough for me to get over. I still havent, but have improved

Reading this literally turns my stomach. People need to wake the fuck up and start having compassion for fellow human beings.

I would consider myself bullied, never physically, but def verbally. Oh man, I def lucked out I had super thick bi-focal glasses that made my eyes look huge ( still do). As i said I never got anything physically done to me, but had lots of verbal abuse.

It sucks cus I could still feel those scars. Nothing has allowed me to snap out of these habitual thought patterns except for psilocybin, and mda.

When I dropped mda last new years for the first time I felt like "me" again. All those old traumas just dropped away and for the first time I was able to freely express myself.

Thinking about this shit really shows me how much I'm missing out on.. I can't trust anyone, find it nearly impossible to express myself, no wonder people develop nasty addictions.

^^Hey, Welcome on BL Troyalflush, The Bay420:)
There is no denying that hurtful comments can really Scar, especially if you hear them enough times! Alot of people can say one should toughen up but I dont think it's that as straightforward as some ppl may believe. Many people are still trying to establish who the hell they are, Socially and Personally, and abusive experiences can shape this in a negative way. Think it is important to Address our own Self-Worth, building on this is the key to fending off any unwarranted Negativity experienced by People who feel the need to Knock any of us down to inflate their Ego's. We have to be our own best friend, we have to fsupport ourself when times are tough(and reach out if there is somone to trust/help) there is no other solution. The Social hierarchy games can be taxing and corrupt and sometimes we need to crawl before we can walk but remember what goes up must go down and those with Social Power will not hold it forever, so hang tough! Who the hell has the right to control how you feel about yourself? No-one, all the harsh words in the world will never define who you are, despite attempts to humiliate you, never let them break your Spirit - this is yours, and always will be!!! ;)<3

yep i was bullied quite a lot.. physically and verbally, I think most of my current day problems derive from that

i dont blame the kids though, i know they themselves had issues (or at least one in particular)...

i'd rather blame (i dont like to blame but if i had to...) my parents since they didnt do anything about it, even when it was quite obvious

at least i learned something, the day my kid starts school "whenever someone starts picking on you, u take whatever u have and smash it in their face", i dont care, kids dont pick on u if they think that they might get hurt in any way. the price u pay as a kid for not standing up for urself is just way to high.. in my experience anyways

I guess I considered myself one of the more popular kids in H.S. but I can honestly say I NEVER EVER bullied any of the less popular kids or anyone else for that matter but actually tried to be friends with most of them or at least was always nice to everyone.

Before I got to H.S. I was picked on alot in grade and middle school so I never treated anyone like I was when I was younger.

When I hit the 9th grade, I shot up 6 inches, lost all my baby fat and joined the football team. This helped a lot, but there were still a lot of roadblocks to acceptance, and despite having popular friends, I spent almost my entire HS tenure trying to shake off a bad middle-school reputation.

By the time I hit 12th grade, I was well liked (I was good looking and very kind to everyone), but I had some confidence and identity issues which prevented me from being as outgoing as I might have liked. I was never 'a natural' if that makes any sense. My last couple years of HS, maturity kicked in, and I had a few people 'come out of the closet' and admit they really liked me. That made me feel better about some of the shitty incidents I had to endure.

I remember these older kids from another school once photoshopped a picture of my student card on to a sort of wanted poster, and wrote some really hateful things about me. They then proceeded to pass this around my school. I've yet to this day determined their motivation for doing this. I think I had dated one of their friends, and they had cajoled her into dumping me, and this was just the icing on the cake.

I was a pretty nice kid. You really had to be a spiteful bastard to put a target on my back. Yet, it happened.

Lol ppl were picking on me too. First impression counts a lot. If you act like a weak fag at first, they will be much more confident to make a punching bag out of your ass.

I'll tell you how I solved my problem...A school is like a prison, you have to belong to a group of people. I was in 8th grade so I looked around and I saw a group of 5-6 people, 2 years above me. You have to find something that interests the other group and get in ^.^

I became friends with them, long story short, they had very low grades, were doing drugs responsibly, playing pc games while skipping classes, buying knives, guns, beating the shit out of people etc. Not going to detail the activities of those people but it involved stuff serious enough that nobody ever got close to me again.

Another idea is if your smart, make it easy for the teachers to teach their class. Always answer questions etc. and when someone bullies you go complain to them LOL, teachers got an allergy for idiots who piss off serious people who want to do something with their lives.

Last edited:
Ive met a few people like that you look in their eyes and there is nothing there at all. It always makes me edgy and im always worried they might try something so i take precautions when i can.

I used to be kind of numb/scary like that actually. A lot of people avoided me because there weren't any warning signs and I enjoyed fucking around with people because they couldn't read me. With the help of medication and working hard at sleeping I managed to go through a sort of awakening, it was like experiencing everything for the first time and was ridiculously stressful. Not saying I turned into a different person, but I'm much more lively.

I always thought my friends didn't ever judge me or bother me out of respect after getting to know me, but now I'm starting to wonder if it was mainly cause of who I was and they learned to be scared. One of my friends has seen my emotionless look and he's mentioned how much it bothers him, if I didn't try to show emotions I'm sure I wouldn't have had any real friends. Severe sleep deprivation is probably the main thing that made me lack emotions and want to act instead of speak, I enjoyed being numb though and when they came back I was very unstable.

Anyway, I haven't really been bullied or anything, I was usually kind of friends with the jerks that tried to bully me and people quickly learned I stood up for myself. I used to think the way the kids treated me when I moved before 5th grade was kind of bullying, but it now I don't really think it was, it was probably just messing around and they were actually trying to be friendly. My brother and I used to fight a LOT cause he constantly picked on me and it's a miracle that neither of us are dead. He once put razor blades in my candy, no joke. Another time I nearly died from him trying to drown me... We got along otherwise though, I think our fighting was mainly due to his tourettes tbh.

Last edited:
:)I was subject to bullying at school from similar, and younger kids. I had my big sister with me at school. I was the obedient, non-problem making kid who sits alone, or with my big sister's friend. Kids used to come near me, and start pushing me and kicking me, and holding me from the shirts. I used to cry and my sister takes me from my hands to the teacher, then the next day my mother comes to school and so on on that circle.

I was never bullied, probably because I was too opinionated and annoying.

Although, I always stood up for the kids who got bullied when I happened to see it. I like observing behaviour, so I'd pull out every insecurity on the bully to make them feel like shit.

Yes, I got it from Kindergarten on, all the way till HS graduation. In elementary school, I was always the smallest/tiniest/skinniest, and looked a couple years younger than I was, and that was one of the main "themes" of the bullying. Back then, I was terribly uncoordinated, and teased mercilessly about my inability to play sports decently, (imagine the surprise of everyone when, in eighth grade, it was discovered that I could run like the wind, and was selected to represent the school at a local track meet! I came in a solid third place in three different events.)

When I began to reach adolescence, I was one of the last of the girls in my age group to develop, and as a result, I got mistaken for a boy--an ugly, much younger, BOY--quite often. For a few years, no matter where I went, some strange boy who didn't even know me would find it his duty to approach me and inform me that I was ugly. (Gee, thanks for the info, I was completely unaware of that, ya douche bag!) The era in which I grew up, sixties and seventies, had, as all eras have, a certain "beauty standard", and I was far outside the norm. One of the banes of my existence was my HAIR. It is the curliest, nappiest, frizziest hair of any white girl, anywhere, and my youth was spent largely before the advent of decent hair products to keep it under control and looking nice, so my hair was often the subject of the taunting I received. It didn't help that the advice & conventional wisdom of the day was to tell a bullied kid, "ignore them, they'll stop", which is completely ineffective. I was taunted on my way to school, at school, on the walk home...all the time. In seventh grade, it was to have been the first year I rode a bus, but I only did so the first day, because the ride that first day was just one long torture session, by the kids who hadn't seen me all summer & had a lot of pent-up hate for me to unload. From that day forward, not only did I walk the close-to-a-mile to & from school, I also made the trek home for lunch, so I could have an hour's peace away from that hell hole. (The was the year I developed my running speed, as I would try & shave minutes off my lunch commute every day, so there was a slight silver lining there, I suppose.) Not surprisingly, over the years, I had developed a case of helpless PTSD, which made me behave strangely & left me even more vulnerable, as I had no real social skills, and even in the rare cases when anyone was nice to ,e I wasn't sure how to interact.

In eighth grade, I started taking Kung-Fu Karate, as I was fed up with being afraid all the time, and needed a way to defend myself. The other kids were not going to help, (even the few friends I had); no teacher or school personnel was going to step in, and my parents were worse than useless. So, I began karate lessons, and found new personal, spiritual, and physical reserves of strength inside me. Then money got tight, and my parents divorced because of my dad's alcoholism, so no more karate. Losing karate was devastating to me, and I worked out every which way in my head that I could to find a way to come up with the money, but even though that didn't work out, the months I'd had of that intense physical training gave me lasting strength & hope.

High school was not much better, and I was still the ugly skinny weird geeky girl with frizzy hair, for the first couple years. Then, towards the end of 10th grade, I became stunningly beautiful overnight. However, much of the damage had been done. I had already begun, lightweight, to drink, and even more rarely, use marijuana. Drinking & drugs didn't really become a problem till years later, when I lost my daughter, but it was a sign of a disturbed, maladjusted kid. To my lasting dismay, I also, for awhile, was quite the little slut, and had sex with boys who hated me, just to try & feel accepted. By 11th grade, I was as pretty, or prettier, than the cheerleaders and other popular girls, but in my classmates eyes, I was still, by & large, the outcast they had grown up with. I had hot, kind, gorgeous boyfriends who were either out of school, or from other schools, but still went to school with the same group as always. So, my life didn't really improve vastly till I was outta there & in college.

I still have social anxiety, but I work with the public in my current job, and have for years, so I fake it pretty well. The funny thing is, I have run into some of my tormentors, and they act all happy to see me, like they have no memory of how the acted towards me all those years. One of their moms, every time she sees me, acts like she wishes her son & I would have wound up together. One guy, with whom I had been friendly in HS, waited till we were safely graduated to call & ask me out, which he would not have done while still in school, because the stigma of dating me would have been too costly to him back then. I was nice to him on the phone, but told him, no thanks, I have a boyfriend.

I have taken bullying incidents against my OWN children very seriously, and have not only taught them to handle their business, but have removed my sons from schools & situations where I sensed they were always going to be stigmatized, and my instincts proved right--both my boys thrived in new/different environments. Fuck that nose, my kids were NOT going to live their lives miserable and afraid and full of self-hatred like I was forced to do by my own parents, who basically ignored me all my life, unless I was actively bleeding or something. I have a great relationship with my parents now, but they were not very good parents in tending to me needs when I was small and helpless. Everything was made to be "my own fault", or "my responsibility".

Wow, sorry this is so long, but believe it or not, this is actually the Cliff's Notes version.

not at school i kept to myself and no one had a reason. glad kids were reasonably nice. but my parents picked on me a fucking lot. anytime they wre having a stressful day for whatever reason they started yelling at me and shit. putting me down about nothing and all the time leaving my sister alone, even praising her. shit'lll fuck your head. i have always had some bad anxiety but ever since then i have wicked social anxiety with adults. they're got everything figured out so its just rly intimidating

I was bullied and teased in elementary school and Jr. HS but I was told by my parents how if someone tried to fight me how I should not just take it but how I should fight back and they would not care if they had to pay fines or got in trouble at school.

Yes I did get into some fights with school bullies but I was wise enough to never do it when teachers were around.

By the time I was a freshman in HS I stopped taking people's shit and if they were a bully I would call them on it and expose their insecurities that they did not know they were so open about.

In highschool I had friends but I also had lots of nasty rumors spread about me.

Eventually I just didn't care at all about what people thought about me since I was going to leave HS in a year or two and I'd never see any of these people again.

When I was a kid/teenager my dad was stressed out and angry he would sometimes poke at me saying how I was too thin or said other things but that stopped after I got angry at him and fought back verbally.

Now that I'm an adult I get along fine with my parents.

Yea, I was picked on. And the worst thing about it was that is was my own parents doing it to me. "You're not doing well enough in school" "You can do better than that" These comments made when I was already bringing nothing less than a B+ and all my teachers loved me. "You need to Be Involved" and forced me into goddamn sports. This is when I was minding my own business in the library and other clubs among like minded people. Learning about all kinds of things. But, apparently, sports in America is more important. This is when the drugs started.
Thanks mom and dad. Your son scored as a genius on his IQ tests, but he wasnt smart enough to make his own decisions regarding his own education. Now he worked in a capacity was less then his intelligence warrents. Why dont you give me the $40,000 I had to come up with just to get me this functional after you fucked me up. It was more important to them that I throw a fucking ball around than be a good kid and study books and music.

I probably would have been an architect or doctor if they hadn't interfered. I know they meant well, but Jesus, when a kid is crying because he hates baseball so much, give it up, man.