• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Did i overdose? Meth

Rootsta

Greenlighter
Hey guys Rootsta here, if you haven't read my first thread I think you should go on over there and read that first. First Thread Here

So if you want a quick run down instead of reading that basically I got with a friend to smoke some meth, I had smoke before this but it had been over a year and I was inexperienced. Still was when smoking, between me and him we smoked a .2 in a round a 9 hour period out of a already dirty pipe we got free so not including the excess in the pipe we smoked. Started having chest pains and pectoral muscles were twitching. Now, the chest pains were moving from right to left, but we're acute. I felt I had to hold my chest on whatever side was in pain at the time.

Anyhow, I've come to the conclusion that what happened was a non fatal overdose. Overdose being defined as any time you get an adverse effect from a drug. Now, when looking on Erowids dosage chart I see that for a new time user recreational light stimulation use is supposed to be 10-20mg keep in mind 10mg is literally 1 10th of a point (a .1) and we smoked a .2 plus the over a .3 that was already in this pipe in a 9 or 10 hour period. And, we werent dosing right either like it said every 1-3 hours for roa being smoking, we were redosing on 30+ mg and plus getting huge hits from leftovers in the pipe a time when re packing the pipe and we were smoking every 15 minutes sometimes sooner sometime it'd take us 30 mins to hit again but mostly 5-15 minute intervals. At that point I thought I was going to have a heart attack and the people on my last post said that you could die days later and things like that, that I should go to the ER.

QUESTIONS
If I'm not dead and it's been weeks maybe months since the night this happened, before using meth and dosing correctly, should I go have an EKG and make sure I have no heart issues from it, or is there no chance it was anything cardiac since I've had no issues other than the few days after that.

Was I close to a fatal overdose, or was it even close to a non fatal overdose?

Annnnnd

Was it a non fatal overdose?

I have read this as thoroughly as I can.

Did you not go to he hospital whatsoever?
HR- my advice is using again could be fatal if the unknown happened. Being so young and using like that could of had major toll on your body. The risk is, you shouldn’t take it.

People walk around having minor heart attacks and it’s still fatal, because their is an unresolved issue.

What are you going to next for your health and well-being?

Xo

Hey Roosta,

What up champ.

Some solid advice from NightRider there!

HR- my advice is using again could be fatal if the unknown happened. Being so young and using like that could of had major toll on your body. The risk is, you shouldn’t take it.

People walk around having minor heart attacks and it’s still fatal, because their is an unresolved issue.

Xo
Well it depends, when you say people walk around having minor heart attacks, do you mean this can last for months at a time not just a few days to a week but they can go on for weeks or months until it eventually becomes fatal?

Hi Rootsta

Good replies given already here. I'll move your thread to the section that deals with meth and hopefully you'll reach more people that know a lot more about meth there

Xo
So basically this has been at least a month since I had these issues. Since the pain moved left to right instead of being directly behind the sternum and, the pains only lasted a few seconds at a time and persisted for around 2 days after, this almost marks out the risk of it being cardiovascular, but not entirely.

Hi Rootsta

Good replies given already here. I'll move your thread to the section that deals with meth and hopefully you'll reach more people that know a lot more about meth there
Thank you, didn't know there was a specific section for meth. Not completely firmilliar with the forum just yet although I've scrolled through it for years but only to learn never posted til recently haha

Thank you, didn't know there was a specific section for meth. Not completely firmilliar with the forum just yet although I've scrolled through it for years but only to learn never posted til recently haha
It's not a forum specifically for meth, everything that does not fit the specific focus forums ( MDMA & Empathogens, Psychedelic Drugs, ....) can be posted in the Other Drugs section. No worries, it's a big forum and can be a bit confusing the first few times. That's what we're here for :)

What i was saying is you could be walking around with something fatal and some serious damage unknowingly because you
did not undergo any medical treatment and are concluded from your own research.

You know its not to late to seek medical advice from a professional, you owe it yourself and moving forward using or not.

thank you for updating us all, here to help and here to learn.

What i was saying is you could be walking around with something fatal and some serious damage unknowingly because you
did not undergo any medical treatment and are concluded from your own research.

You know its not to late to seek medical advice from a professional, you owe it yourself and moving forward using or not.

thank you for updating us all, here to help and here to learn.
Well, it's sort of a hard thing to do haha, I'm under 18 and Dont want to tell my mom to take me to go have an EKG done because I smoked some meth. That's why I'm doing this research, because if I can self diagnose what the problem is because of other people's experience, then I feel I'll know for sure what to do. Because I don't want it to be something major that goes unchecked, but if there was nothing Major then my mom knows I smoked meth for no reason. It's kinda a tough situation I'm in haha

Well, it's sort of a hard thing to do haha, I'm under 18 and Dont want to tell my mom to take me to go have an EKG done because I smoked some meth. That's why I'm doing this research, because if I can self diagnose what the problem is because of other people's experience, then I feel I'll know for sure what to do. Because I don't want it to be something major that goes unchecked, but if there was nothing Major then my mom knows I smoked meth for no reason. It's kinda a tough situation I'm in haha

Ok I was 17 once, I get you.
I am not educated in your health system but there must be away.

but I am 29 now and if something happened to me and could of been avoided because i was to scared of my mum knowing
i did meth i would regret that. <3

Is there a drug & alcohol service where you live, you can at least go to to enquire what your options are?

Ok I was 17 once, I get you.
I am not educated in your health system but there must be away.

but I am 29 now and if something happened to me and could of been avoided because i was to scared of my mum knowing
i did meth i would regret that. <3

Is there a drug & alcohol service where you live, you can at least go to to enquire what your options are?
Well, the reason I think I'm fine is because it's been a long time since I smoked it around a month. From ALL of the research I've done on meth if you were gonna die from it, it would happen within 15 minutes - 3days it does cause underlying problems but with my age and body weight it seems the underlying problems are acute. Like I said, it didn't seem like it could be anything cardiovascular because of the pain coming in bursts lasting only a few seconds then I'd go 5-30 minutes before I had another pain and it was moving from side to side. A real cardiovascular issue would be pain that's substernal and be caused by vasoconstriction of the coronary artery. But thank you for your help and I would like more Insight from you

What are your thoughts on using from here on out?

Never fear asking a question, regardless of how long someone has used we are all still educating ourselves.

What are your thoughts on using from here on out?

Never fear asking a question, regardless of how long someone has used we are all still educating ourselves.
Well, I have moderation with all my drug uses spreading uses literally around a year apart. I still use opioids and benzos on a regular (regular as in xans 2 days percs/hydros 2 days then don't touch nothing for around a week) I do thinks like roll pills and things. I like to call myself an enthusiast of sorts, (this isn't boasting this is just me explaining me) but I'm able to consistently walk around with more money in my pocket than 90℅ of people so I've never allowed any drug to effect my real life I just use recreationally for fun. But, if my heart/body can't handle stimulants then my thoughts on using again are I can easily just not use this weekend and have fun doing something else. But if my body can handle them, and I just went overboard that one time then I would happily do it again and dose correctly, except use a different ROA than smoking because that did trash my lungs. I don't see a problem with the usage as long as it's not overboard and I'm the only victim because of the small amount of damage my use actually does to my body because of the small amount of use.

but I'm able to consistently walk around with more money in my pocket than 90℅ of people so I've never allowed any drug to effect my real life I just use recreationally for fun.
I don't see a problem with the usage as long as it's not overboard and I'm the only victim because of the small amount of damage my use actually does to my body because of the small amount of use.

I too somewhat although i own my addiction, moderately and have been able to reduce my use and have breaks without issues but i don't know what could happen in the future we read everyday about " downward spirals" due to triggers.

But right now compared to later in life you don't have the same responsibilities so i commend your smarter thinking but id walk around with 90% more money than most people to if i wasn't paying a house off and being an adult. Using has never affected this, stole or borrowed but I also wasn't a user when i bought my house, car etc. So think about that.

You have the right train of thought ( the best you can i guess)

If anything happens check in xo

Did you get a sudden rise in temperature, break into a sweat or have any loss of hearing/ roaring in your ears?

A heart attack is not always just a chest pain like that. Sounds like a panic attack tbh.

Chest pain like you describe could be from your stomach clenching or diaphragm.

You could be overly sensitive to stimulants and if you continue use you should keep some diazepam handy

I too somewhat although i own my addiction, moderately and have been able to reduce my use and have breaks without issues but i don't know what could happen in the future we read everyday about " downward spirals" due to triggers.

But right now compared to later in life you don't have the same responsibilities so i commend your smarter thinking but id walk around with 90% more money than most people to if i wasn't paying a house off and being an adult. Using has never affected this, stole or borrowed but I also wasn't a user when i bought my house, car etc. So think about that.

You have the right train of thought ( the best you can i guess)

If anything happens check in xo
Well, I am 17 so legally still in my mom's custody and she'd have to know about my hospital visit and why. But she doesn't live with me, I live with my girlfriend, and don't wanna go into depth but I'm more of a cyber person so that's where all my money comes from. I can pay ALL my bills off, (the house I live in is rented) and still have a few grand of spending money left over at the end of the month and that just adds up because I don't do anything with that money. Currently I'm in college for cyber security and ethical hacking, I droppes out of high school to get my HSE in honors, and am acing my college classes that I shouldn't even be in at 17. But that's as sides from the point I'm drifting off topic now haha that was just to show my moderation and correlation to the money I keep. Also trust me I own up to my addictions, but I don't see me spacing my meth usage out for a year and when I do meth I don't binge I use for 1 night that's all, no longer than 12 hours I don't see doing that once a year an addiction. If I were told that there were an underlying problem I didn't know about I could quit and never do another stimulant again ever and it wouldn't bother me in the slightest. I'm not here to boost a falsified ego either im legit looking for an answer to my questions, so thank you for helping me and hopefully you don't think I'm just being cocky and in denial.

Did you get a sudden rise in temperature, break into a sweat or have any loss of hearing/ roaring in your ears?

A heart attack is not always just a chest pain like that. Sounds like a panic attack tbh.

Chest pain like you describe could be from your stomach clenching or diaphragm.

You could be overly sensitive to stimulants and if you continue use you should keep some diazepam handy
No breaking into sweat actually I was so freezing cold even in the warmth that my toes began to turn purple but that always happens to me on any stim. No roaring or hearing loss, just the pain.

Im well versed in medicine and drug use, if you are 17 and reasonably fit and healthy, its EXTREMELY UNLIKELY you had a heart attack, even with cocaine or meth, much more likely for this age group is fatal cardiac arrest or seizures due to overdose, the reality is that its extremely unlikely you did any lasting damage, you could get an ECG, just because it is so cheap, it is a very basic test but it can detect a previous heart attack and other irregularities, if that gives you peace of mind do it, but I wouldnt say it was necessary, I think instead this should be a wake up call, that at 17 you shouldnt be having this issues and this worries, and that you are going down a very unhealthy future if you keep this up.

Good luck

Im well versed in medicine and drug use, if you are 17 and reasonably fit and healthy, its EXTREMELY UNLIKELY you had a heart attack, even with cocaine or meth, much more likely for this age group is fatal cardiac arrest or seizures due to overdose, the reality is that its extremely unlikely you did any lasting damage, you could get an ECG, just because it is so cheap, it is a very basic test but it can detect a previous heart attack and other irregularities, if that gives you peace of mind do it, but I wouldnt say it was necessary, I think instead this should be a wake up call, that at 17 you shouldnt be having this issues and this worries, and that you are going down a very unhealthy future if you keep this up.

Good luck
Thank you so much for this reply, honestly it in itself is peace of mind for me. But, as for a wake up call I'm not going to use that as one for the simple fact that I overdid myself. I messed up but it's because I couldn't find a dosage chart for meth, even searching erowid. Soooooo, I just did what I saw everyone else do and dropped crystals in the pipe. Next time I'll be sure to weigh out the correct dosages, and as for cocaine thats still on my no go list just because the simple fact the strength and cuts are all different and the only blow I can get is streets. When I get meth it's not shake and bake it's real methylamphetamine I'm not gonna say why or how but I know the exact cuts and purity and don't need to lab test it because it's there and the proofs in my face. I don't find real meth to be bad, I find shake and bake to be bad because technically it isn't even methamphetamine.