• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Did I OD on anithistamines?? Help

Memantine

Bluelighter
Yesterday I had a severe allergic reaction so I took 5mg desloratadine at night and 5mg desloratadine in the morning.

60 minutes ago I took 100mg hydroxyzine because I have a job interview tommorow and I wanted to sleep well. Then I realised that I also took the desloratadine. Now I'm a bit scared that my heart rate will stop at night. Is it a dangerous combo?

Nah man, you should be alright, desloratadine doesn't really cross the BBB and 100mg of Hydroxyzine is still in the therapeutic range so you should be fine.
Edit: sorry, I'm half asleep so I just thought about side effects like hallucinating etc., but didn't think about side effects that can happen without the drug crossing the BBB, so I guess the combo could possibly fuck up your blood pressure, can you measure it? But still I think you should be fine.

Last edited:
Nah man, you should be alright, desloratadine doesn't really cross the BBB and 100mg of Hydroxyzine is still in the therapeutic range so you should be fine.
Edit: sorry, I'm half asleep so I just thought about side effects like hallucinating etc., but didn't think about side effects that can happen without the drug crossing the BBB, so I guess the combo could possibly fuck up your blood pressure, can you measure it? But still I think you should be fine.

My man speaks the truth. You should be fine as long as you can tolerate the hydroxyzine well. I don't think you can OD off of just antihistamines. The real concern is entering into an uncomfortable state of delirium, but hydroxyzine is much more forgiving in my opinion in those regards.