• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Did I just ruin my GHB? (reactions with container, storage)

betterThanBeer

Greenlighter
Hope you all are having a decent day!

I yesterday I stored GHB in what I thought was a HDPE container but it turned out to be PET. I already read that GHB can be stored basically in any liquid container BUT I also read that GBL even when diluted will still happily eat into most plastics that aren't HDPE. I also read that after the synthesis of GHB there are often at least small amounts of unreacted GBL left in the solution. So I'm wondering if it is likely that the GHB has been compromised and is now containing plastic.
The GHB is NaGHB, it's almost clear (very slight yellow-ish), pH of 7.5 and I have a hard time making out any smell.

I will find a suitable HDPE container today but I'm worried it's already too late, could charcoal remove the particles by any chance?

I'd be grateful for any insight

NaGHB should have salty taste not like GBL so I think If It wasn't there for a long time as in the past like years and years ago I knew i friend who did turn GBL in GHB every time in half an hour.
There were times when we weren't sure also or haven't had any other containers due to partying sleep deprivation and just lousy discipline.

So that small amount of GBL that's left shouldn't create problems, I know some people that did GBL from PET well diluted in soda or water and they are still healthy and ok.
Which is not the case with you!
Try small amount or pour it in other glass container would be the best a jar or something and see the plastic but you should be good to go

I also read that after the synthesis of GHB there are often at least small amounts of unreacted GBL left in the solution.
Properly prepared sodium GHB (i.e. high enough pH, 7.5 is just about perfect, and no visible "oil" present) should not contain appreciable amounts of GBL, and likewise will not react with or damage PET.
Chemically speaking GHB solutions are, basically, salt water.

I have to store GHB + the traces of leftover GBL it might contain in a "everyday-container" for camouflage so to say.

- Would it be safe if I used a shower gel, shampoo - bottle or similar (Made of HDPE and the lid being PP) after shaking + rinsing it like 10 times with dish soap?
- Are the bottles inherently more dangerous as they are colored HDPE? Even the white ones seem to have color in them as they are not translucent at all.
- I originally planed on using mouth was bottles but these all seem to be made out of PET and therefore not optimal for longer term storage.

Thanks for your input!