• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Did having a seizure kill the drug for anyone else?

infantannihilator

Bluelighter
So last week I pushed myself too hard with the pure ass cocaine I have been getting and I had my first seizure. I blacked out for a considerable period of time and when I came to I found myself with a massively swollen bloody lip, a dislocated shoulder, and a smashed and bloodied other arm.. all while setting up for my next shot. I haven't used since and it's been the longest I've gone since March and to be quite honest I'm kind of reluctant to use again..

Part of it is that having the seizure and the damage I did myself actually put some real fear into me, I never truly realized just how close a line I was treading. The other part is that I realize that I can't get any higher, I hit the ultimate limit where my body says NOPE. I can't even remember how it felt because I blacked out.. all I can remember is pushing in the last little bit and thinking it was already hitting me pretty damn hard, and even that, I'm not sure if that was a different shot or what. I literally lost all track of time.. I think that scares me most, I absolutely HATE blacking out.. and to think I blacked out from a stim. Dear god.

So I mean, in an instant I've gone from in love crazy addicted to doing iv cocaine, to feeling indifferent and unsure how to approach her. I mean shit, I could have very well died, thank god I didn't smash my head really bad or something of that sort.. I literally have no fucking idea what happened.

now is a great time to quit shooting blow... glad you're alive... IV blow is fucking insane!

I had a seizure before when coming off benzos; since then I surly have taken benzos but nothing like I once did. its been over 3 years since I quit daily use and now I may take a benzo 2-4 times a month to just help relax or sleep. never again will I pick up a habit (or at least I say that now) that will lead to the seizures I once had. ill never forget those days, thats for sure.

I have no idea how long I flopped around for or how it happened at all.. it's just such a scary thought to me.. and the fact that I "came back" into conciousness and I was already doing something on autopilot (setting up another shot).. really makes me wonder how long the whole thing happened. Blackouts bother me more than anything in the world I think. I'm pretty sure I pissed myself because I found a pair of soaking wet underwear in a bag, but that would mean I changed my clothes without knowing. My lip is still numb because I nearly bit the damn thing off. For all I know I woke one of my roommates up and they helped me, but I have no clue.. the whole situation is just what id call depraved.

I'm proud of my "abstinence" so far, but I wish it had come about another way. I feel in a way like I lost a part of myself. It's a real fear in my belly now, now that I know that I can seize out and that its a very real possibility.. that I know I can't get any higher. What is left? There isnt anything I've ever heard of thats more intense than IV coke, especially pushed to the limit. Neurotic is right, it IS insane, insane in all the forms of insanity there can be.. the line between incredible bell ringer and seizure is just.. too damn close though and I never want to leave any in the syringe because its full of blood (because I check like 3-4x per shot so Im not missing) and will be essentially wasted otherwise.. gah its a shame. the whole drug is just a shame.

You dont meet long term IV cocaine users. Pushing the limit is the name of the game. Its kinda fucked up when you realize what IV coke has you pushing for. When you do a huge shot, then immediately fear for your life and can only hold on, by continuing to breathe.

Then, 10 mins later your loading just a little bit more than the last one because if not, it will seem disappointing. You reach the point that if your not afraid for your life than it wasnt satisfying.

Your lucky dude, you got it. Now let it be, because thats it.

I stopped doing coke because of a terrifying experience I had.

Firstly, I always thought it was pretty hard to overdose when snorting cocaine, obviously its not though. What happened was that id been buying grams off this guy every now and then and they were all mostly similar purity, great for Australia. It was always powder though, no rocks which I always thought was a bad thing. I have used a ton of IV meth and heroin but only tried IV coke a few times.

Anyway oneday I bought a gram off this guy and decided to chop out 3 fairly big lines and snorted them one after the other. When I came down I planned to start with the IV'ing. Well about 5 minutes after id snorted these lines I realised something was wrong and began blowing my nose like crazy trying to get whatever coke was left in my nose out. My heart was beginning to go absolutely berserk, I went white as a ghost, I couldn't feel my hands, I felt close to passing out and to make thing much, much worse I began to have an incredibly bad panic attack which was making my heart go even faster. No matter what I did, whether it was breathing exercises or talking to my mother(she would usually be able to help) nothing was slowing my heart down. It may sound like I had crappy coke but I can assure you it was just incredibly pure and I just had too much, too fast.

I began to apologise to my mother for doing drugs, for being such a crappy son and for disappointing her. I was becoming positive that I was going to have a heart attack or a seizure and I really felt like I was going to die(cardiovascular problems run in my family too) My heart still kept getting faster and faster until my mother was convinced it wasn't just a panic attack(we are both nurses, I sometimes have panic attacks on meth and think im dying but this was more than just a panic attack).

During all of this an ambulance had been called and I flushed the coke down the toilet because even though id overdosed on heroin multiple times and probably came closer to actually dying those times, this was beyond terrifying and I haven't touched coke since and don't think I ever will again. I still use heroin though. The difference to me is that bad things can happen on regular doses of cocaine, but heroin is pretty safe as long as you don't OD and don't become addicted or dependent. I fucked up in the stupidest of ways with the heroin by either mixing benzo's with the H or by being greedy without a tolerance(most of the time ive been on bupe/methadone but I did overdose after being off therapy for 6 weeks and I only had a small amount more than what my standard dose at the time) but I never in a million years would have thought this could happen from snorting 3 lines of coke. Injecting or even smoking the same amount equivalent of crack then yeah sure something could happen but I was always told that coke is pretty safe to snort even in considerable quanities(im talking up to 1/2g of good quality stuff maybe) but whoever said that is false.

The whole thing about coke only being good if its rock is complete crap too, ive had terrible rocked up coke and excellent powdered cocaine. Drugs have similarities with humans, the way they look doesn't mean a whole lot, if you fuck with them they'll fuck with you, if you treat them with respect they'll more than likely treat you with respect but you cant ever be 100% sure that they will.

I have used in excess of what I thought was possible to survive with meth. Yes meth is dangerous too but using pretty significant amounts is probably not going to kill you, it could very well make you crazy for a long or short while but unless you have congenital heart defects or have abused drugs enough to damage your heart then its pretty unlikely than most people would OD, but people definitely do overdose so its not unheard of but say your a new user and you inject 100mg of meth for the first time, you rush your balls off and throw up and think "Damn, that was insane! I'm not sure I can handle more" You then don't use often enough to build a tolerance but end up working your way up to 300mg shots and realise there's levels with meth and most of them are very intense either way. With coke if you did 300mg of good coke without a tolerance you'd die for sure! The margin for error with cocaine is smaller.

the_ketaman, that sounds like a terrifying experience, i'm glad you recovered from it and nothing serious happened.

infantannihilator, you're lucky to be alive with us today, stay away from coke, it's a deadly ass drug and very unpredictable, like Ketaman said, " the margin for error with cocaine is smaller," you never know what amount is gonna put you 6 feet under. Nothing glamorous about it.

What I shot that sent me into a seizure must have been approaching 300mg. I know the dose that sent me right to the edge a few days prior was 250-275. As I said I still don't know exactly what happened.. so much of the night ended up in a blur. I had banged 3/4g and got another 3/4g and my guy hooked me a .8 which was solid, because I didn't know how I was going to split the .75 four ways without one very mediocre high. For the record I've been banging coke since March and have developed a crazy tolerance, so these are actual values of actual as pure as it gets coke. I had planned to go .15, .2, .2, .25.. I did the .15 and then I know I loaded slightly in excess of .4 and worked that up and split it.. but I think I either accidentally shot the "larger" one I had set aside, or I was the victim of evaporation over the time it took to set the shot up, which quite often ends up being way longer than you'd think. My stuff dissolves fully into a yellowy syrup since I use as little water as possible. Coke dissolves 2.2g into a ml, so for a .25g shot I throw in 30 units max, and it is thick.. and blows up to 60 or 70 units by that point, which is a lot to inject at once I find. if I drop any it leaves a sticky residue and the water is gone from it quick so I think this may be what happened.

Was I really that close to death? I have no idea. There is really very little information when it comes to IVing coke. What I do know is that the amounts I am shooting would kill several novices several times over. I honestly found myself itching to do some again today, and quite frankly chances are I will have a go on the weekend but I'll be a little more careful, but as you guys said, once that point has been reached its the point I'll always be trying to reach I guess. I've definitely learned a few things in terms of what to and what not to do, first of all being to only make a shot at a time and to draw it up as fast as I can. I pretty much always start low, I never buy in quantities where I cant set myself up with at least four hits so I can gauge how hard something is hitting me to a degree. Welp, you can hear the addiction in me talking.

Seriously though the scariest experience of my life to date, and yet, here I am talking about flirting with it again.

I think it actually bothers me that I led myself into a seizure with how damn methodical I am about all this. I even machined myself a custom designed cooker out of 304 stainless steel thats how into this shit Ive found myself. It's pretty sweet not fucking around with a finicky spoon

Last edited:
I stopped shooting coke when I was a teenager, it didn't take long for it to commandeer every aspect of my life, shooting up every 15-20 minutes routinely leaving class in middleschool every period like clockwork to go to the bathroom. Sure I went to the bathroom, but to shoot blow or speedballs.

It didn't take a seizure for me to realize that this was no way to fucking live, especially in adolescence. To this day, IV cocaine is probably at or VERY near the top of my list of drugs I know I cannot trust myself with and I refuse to justify or rationalize doing it ever again. Above shooting ice, above shooting heroin, above shooting oxymorphone. I just can't control myself or respect myself shooting coke anymore. I don't have any problem using cocaine only on special occasions and have no issues with self control or addiction to INTRANASAL cocaine. But IV....? Fuck that noise, you shouldn't need to have a seizure to understand that intravenous cocaine can and often is very detrimental to short, medium, and long term quality of life.

Had many experiences shooting the purest blow in the area, a large percentage of those shots would hit me so hard I thought I'd be dead in 30 seconds, and most of all, knowing this and choosing to do it anyways. Even with veteran IV technique and HR measures, always micron filtered, not reusing needles, but all the precautionary measures had no effect on the incredibly addictive properties I experience from intravenous cocaine hcl.

Last edited:
You dont meet long term IV cocaine users. Pushing the limit is the name of the game. Its kinda fucked up when you realize what IV coke has you pushing for. When you do a huge shot, then immediately fear for your life and can only hold on, by continuing to breathe.

Then, 10 mins later your loading just a little bit more than the last one because if not, it will seem disappointing. You reach the point that if your not afraid for your life than it wasnt satisfying.

Your lucky dude, you got it. Now let it be, because thats it.

this.

+1.

Agreed.

You've solved that puzzle and it's time to pick a new ride the carnival... only a fool keeps playing the game once they know how it ends.

I stopped shooting coke when I was a teenager, it didn't take long for it to commandeer every aspect of my life, shooting up every 15-20 minutes routinely leaving class in middleschool every period like clockwork to go to the bathroom. Sure I went to the bathroom, but to shoot blow or speedballs.

It didn't take a seizure for me to realize that this was no way to fucking live, especially in adolescence. To this day, IV cocaine is probably at or VERY near the top of my list of drugs I know I cannot trust myself with and I refuse to justify or rationalize doing it ever again. Above shooting ice, above shooting heroin, above shooting oxymorphone. I just can't control myself or respect myself shooting coke anymore. I don't have any problem using cocaine only on special occasions and have no issues with self control or addiction to INTRANASAL cocaine. But IV....? Fuck that noise, you shouldn't need to have a seizure to understand that intravenous cocaine can and often is very detrimental to short, medium, and long term quality of life.

Had many experiences shooting the purest blow in the area, a large percentage of those shots would hit me so hard I thought I'd be dead in 30 seconds, and most of all, knowing this and choosing to do it anyways. Even with veteran IV technique and HR measures, always micron filtered, not reusing needles, but all the precautionary measures had no effect on the incredibly addictive properties I experience from intravenous cocaine hcl.
Jesus Christ you where shooting coke in middle school?

This! Not to mention it can cause Schizophrenia in case you continue doing this like that.

I know I used to love Soma until I took only one 350mg carisoprodol and I woke up on the floor, surrounded by my parents. Freaked me out and never did it again.... for the most part.

This! Not to mention it can cause Schizophrenia in case you continue doing this like that.

you're talking about psychosis right?

i know after a big shot i swear i can hear people outside my window talking, slamming things etc.. but I'm on the second floor and my window faces the wall of the building next door.. ive begun to notice that aspect more. doesn't bother me since i know it's pretty typical

anyway i used again.. i took it easy though, Nothing over a .2 and a few of them still really got me there. not seizure imminent there or omfg i can't breath there but just below that.

someone should write a stages of iv coke high guideline. as a matter of fact it really should be done for more drugs. the whole scene changes drastically when you get up there in dose.

Yes, psychosis. You can hear people talking about you even if they are a mile away.
Your imagination becomes so truthful that it 'legitimates' what´s not real.

What I read about this was that if you do that too much you could induce your brain to start thinking like that even when you are sober.
Besides, when you IV coke there is no limit. You will try it again and again and your heart might not take it if you are overdoing it.

A lot of people have died doing this. Not because they OD from a high or pure coke alone but due to these repetitions.

Be careful man! All you have to do is give it a break and you´ll see that you´ll feel better.
Tell me, don´t you get extremely thirsty when you IV coke? But you are too busy fixing your next dose.
This is your body 'talking to you' IMO/E.

Just give it sometime.

Last edited:
you're talking about psychosis right?

i know after a big shot i swear i can hear people outside my window talking, slamming things etc.. but I'm on the second floor and my window faces the wall of the building next door.. ive begun to notice that aspect more. doesn't bother me since i know it's pretty typical

anyway i used again.. i took it easy though, Nothing over a .2 and a few of them still really got me there. not seizure imminent there or omfg i can't breath there but just below that.

someone should write a stages of iv coke high guideline. as a matter of fact it really should be done for more drugs. the whole scene changes drastically when you get up there in dose.

Dude, keep it up and you're going to end up dead soon. That is a very realistic outlook for someone shooting high doses of cocaine often.

yes having a seizure would certanly cause me to rethink my drug use. We can say all we want but its your life and you are a free man. Do you use with other people or always alone? If I where u I would use with other people if you wanna go hard... atleast someone can hold u down and call an ambulance before they drop u on the corner of a street somewhere.do you sleep? not sleeping can also cause hearing voices, shadow people etc.