• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Diclazepam for Clonozolam Withdrawal (need help)

formakashic

Greenlighter
I've been taking clon for about 3 months pretty much daily now. I know trouble. My doses were mostly .7mg/day but for the past week its more like 1.4/mg a day. The reason I started clon is because I am at the end of a suboxone taper and let the benzo get out of hand. Of course. I tapered down my suboxone use over a year down to .125mg. My last dose was yesterday and am taking a 5 day weekend now to deal with whatever suboxone wd I might experience. I'm actually not too worried about that and if it does get really bad, I don't mind upping my clonozolam dose for just a few days.

Anyway, I know when this is over, in about a week, I need to get off this clonozolam. 3 months isn't a terribly long amount of time but is is clonozolam and I understand how strong it is. After doing a bunch of research, it seems diclazepam will be good for me to switch over to and taper down from. I've been on opiates for too long and now to have to deal with a benzo taper is kind've annoying. I know it's my fault.

I just have a few questions. WHat's the best way to switch over? Take my morning clon and then that night start taking my diclaz nightly and leave the clon behind? What do you think id a good starting dose for the diclaz? I'm hoping like 2.5mg will do to start. And then do you think a 2 - 3 week taper is enough time? Like I said, I don't think I let my clon addiction get too crazy and it's only been 3 months. I would love to be done with drugs within 3 - 4 weeks.

Thoughts? Advice?

Thanks everybody,

Jackie

I'm sorry but hospital is the only answer for this. Clonazolam is incredibly strong as you know, .5mg gave me rebound symtoms and it's the only benzo I've tried that has ever done that to me, and I never even used it daily. I used it 7 times TOTAL, I think, over the course of 2+ weeks. C-lam is really serious shit and you need medical supervision in this case, please do it. Doctors don't usually treat benzo addicts like other addicts, they will help you, they have to. Most doctors probably don't know much, if anything, about c-lam so tell them you were on extremely high doses of clonazepam if you have to.

hospital stay for 3 months of clon? i dunno
im switching to rc-diclazepam later in the week when i get my clon down a wee bit more
then gonna do a 1 month taper with diclaz
i really dont suspect it to be too difficult considering a 3 month habit vs. a 1 month taper
maybe im naive.....but i will see a dr. if im having some serious issues

In the morning when you wake up you should start to take Diclazepam. Find the amount that is necessary for you not to feel unwell. The make this your fundamental benzo. Then you can add a small amount of Clonazolam each time you feel a need for a little more, but do not increase the Diclazepam dosage when you first have found the maximum dosage.

Then you slowly and over time decrease your Diclazepam dosage and when you are down to 2-4 mg Diclazepam you stop with the occasional Clonazolam. They you decrease the last Diclazepam until you reach 0 mg.