• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Diazepam questions (medicine experts plz)

BlowingClouds

Greenlighter
Hi I have a box of generic valiums. On one side of the box it says store below 25 degreen celsius and protect from light which I'm concerned about. Do the pills lose potency or something if exposed to light? I'm very paranoid as I always count how many tablets I have left leaving it exposed to light when I do so. They are in foil with see through plastic top..

With most medicines there is written to store them in a place with a moderate temperature and to protect them from sun rays.
I'm pretty sure you won't have a problem unless you keep them directly under the sun for days, but I'm not really an 'expert'.

Thanks.. That's almost of what I wanted to hear. I guess it should be fine as the type of light exposed to them are only indoor lighting (globes /lamps)? When I bring the tablets out count them it would only take a minute a few times a week. Anyone have knowledge or even experience about this please let me know. I am very paranoid and Its in my nature haha.

Thanks.. That's almost of what I wanted to hear. I guess it should be fine as the type of light exposed to them are only indoor lighting (globes /lamps)? When I bring the tablets out count them it would only take a minute a few times a week. Anyone have knowledge or even experience about this please let me know. I am very paranoid and Its in my nature haha.

yeah as long as you put them back into a container and put them away they should be fine
more or less about the warning is saying like dont leave them in a hot glove box etc or outside by accident

You are being overly paranoid. You pills will be fine. They are by no means fragile by any sense of the meaning. Sunlight wont do shit unless you pour them out onto your black dashboard and go park your car in the Sonoran desert for 2 years. Chill out. They will be fine

You are being overly paranoid. You pills will be fine. They are by no means fragile by any sense of the meaning. Sunlight wont do shit unless you pour them out onto your black dashboard and go park your car in the Sonoran desert for 2 years. Chill out. They will be fine

nailed it
take them and enjoy the ride

LOL^^ this

but mane , the manufacturer states clearly to keep them at 72degrees, but I've kept them at 74degrees, how many mics will I loose in potency??

whew, glad I double checked in this thread, three other threads and one I haven't posted yet!

Yeah the sunlight and heat damage the drug, why do you think they put them in the specially designed bottles they come in?

To what extent? Depends on how much sun and heat abuse the pills suffered, but im going to put my money on negligible degradation that you wouldn't feel. I've got a ton of experience with expired meds and diazepam, like 99% of common benzos, exists in freebase form in the tablets, so yeah it can handle a bit of improper storage, provided humidity was NEVER compromised. Even in the case of humidity with benzos, not being water soluble, it still probably wouldn't degrade the potency much, but you'd be risking bacterial/viral/mold. And diazepam, is HARDLY worth that risk.

your overly worrying, counting them in light for a few minutes wont lose their potency at all just store them ina cool place away from light and youll be ok :)

Just be chill my friend :)

Eventhough I'm a green lighter I jave been a Pharmacy Tech and you just want to make sure they are always in a cool dark place. Also, the expiration dates are LIES. It takes MOST Rx Medication 5-6 years or even more to lose it's potency but the Pharmacist won't tell you that lol. Big Pharma has more money to be made with putting those expiration dates on them. Anyways...KEEP THEM IN A COOL DARK PLACE. You're worrying over nothing.

I've had batches of diaz before that were completely spoiled and felt about half as strong after the boxes were left sitting in a damp warehouse apparently. So under the wrong circumstances it can degrade definitely.

Okay huge relief now, I always store my meds in a drawer/cabinet under cool room temperature anyways.

And to people who think I'm overly worrying, I guess it's anxiety rebound haha.. Nah, I only use them as needed or twice a week so their pretty much my emergency go to!

Thanks everyone, much appreciated :)

I wouldn't worry :) if you notice any differences maybe take the script with you and see the prescribing doctor to put your mind at ease :)

Okay huge relief now, I always store my meds in a drawer/cabinet under cool room temperature anyways.

And to people who think I'm overly worrying, I guess it's anxiety rebound haha.. Nah, I only use them as needed or twice a week so their pretty much my emergency go to!

Thanks everyone, much appreciated :)

Glad your mind is at ease, dont worry your fine my friend, just be chill they wont loose potency your perfectly fine. :)

Have a good day.