• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Diazepam and alcohol

Sir_psycho

Bluelighter
Let's assume that I've consumed 20mg of diazepam and a few shots of vodka. Are the effects reversible? or will I end up dead?

Side note: I'm curious about the high

depending on your tolerance you'll just feel more drunk if you drink on diazepam. 20mg is a decent dose if your tolerance is low.

just be careful as benzos and alcohol in excess never end well.

homeless ---> BDD

No you won't end up dead. Those doses might get you more intoxicated then usual but aren't lethal.

Benzodiazepines and alcohol usually are not fatal unless your purposely are trying to make them so, or are just being such an dummy and are consuming wrecklessly and irresponsibly.

But that would include swallowing a whole hell of a lot pills and booze. You won't end up dead.

Alcohol has effects on NMDA channels and Kir channels which are inward rectifying potassium channels. Which gives alcohol stimulating and dissociative effects in addiction to its typical GABAergic (ie benzo-like effects). So expect some of that to be mixed in.

For the most part, benzos + alcohol = no memory. If u want to be at least somewhat aware of what you are doing, i would suggest keeping doses relatively low.
But do as you please i guess ha