• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Dexmethylphenidate(Focalin XR)+ Alcohol= Somewhat comedown question

kingalva92

Greenlighter
Hi, iv used this site before in the past but not in a while but knew to come here for some answers/opinions. So earlier today about 4 hours ago I took 30mg Dexmethylphenidate crushed then another 20mg capsule an hour later and have since been drinking on it (smart i know). While early on the effect is nice although admitingly i kind of just feel caffeinated on ritalin/focalin and the alcohol seems to balance me out. Granted i may have an alcohol problem, probably, but right now my question is i can already feel this dreaded comedown soon. Usually i just drink a bit more until I go to sleep at night but was looking for maybe a diff option? My ioptions in terms of meds are Propanalol, Clonidine, Trazadone and Seroquel. Basically im thinking lowering my heart rate will help me feel better plus I heard Propanalol lower your blood pressure as well as heart rate. Any suggests please, thanks.

Step away from the drugs! Last thing if i was you id be doing is being drunk trying to stabilize my vitals with random meds. Even if you did drug yourself into sleep i doubt youd make any progress because the sleep you gained up prob loose out on next day alertness from those drugs side effects