• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Dexedrine inconsistent effects

cletusSamboy

Bluelighter
Been experimenting with dexedrine for the past few years all doses spaced apart by one month and with no food eaten for eight hours and no other drug use in between. Never used other stims either apart from caffeine occasionally.

Month 1. 10mg. Focus and motivation was slightly stronger than a 500ml energy drink but with longer lasting and a cleaner feeling. No euphoria.
Month 2. 15mg. Gave much more noticeable effects with a decent boost in mood and focus. Felt full of energy and wanted to move around and just do stuff.
Month 3. 20mg. Increased focus was stronger than 15mg but the positive mood boost and feeling of wanting to do stuff was much less and felt more like 10mg.
Month 4. 30mg. All motivation and mood enhancing effects were gone. Focus was almost laser like during the peak effects but quickly dropped off to moderate levels for the rest of the day.
Month 5. 40mg. No motivation or euphoria. Focus during the peak felt a lot weaker more like 15mg. This increased focus was sustained from about 6:30am to about 10pm.
Month 6. 50mg. Similar strength to 40mg but slightly longer duration.
Month 7. 70mg. Similar strength to 40mg. Longer duration.

Imo dexedrine is useless for recreational use. Found it next to useless as a study aid too as my inner dialogue goes into overdrive and I tend to go inside my head over think and over analyze things. Found it only useful for pulling all nighters. Tolerance isn't the issue as I've had a year break with no stim use in between and tried another 30mg just to test and effects still felt dulled like taking 10mg. Another interesting thing I found was that a mid dose 30mg caused the highest increase in heart rate while 70mg heart rate increase was more like 15mg.

Is this normal that higher doses can feel less effective than lower ones or is dexedrine just inconsistent for some people? Or can the body permanently adapt to a once off high dose to avoid large increases in dopamine?

I just switched from adderal and I couldn't be happier. Too at half the amount (3:1 ratio my arse) it's a much cleaner sensation all around

Polish-20200827-122354883.jpg

I knew a guy who said that taking half of an old Smith Kline and beecham dexedrine tablet which is 2.5 mg shaved about five points off his golf handicap

A high dose of adderall is probably a bit more euphoric than a high dose of dexedrine. I think racemic amphetamine probably has the most euphoric onset, but the whole thing falls apart pretty quickly.

In either case, the euphoria that is inconsistently induced by amphetamine is almost always short lived, and occurs during the onset.

amphetamine is an inconsistent drug in general, it's kind of like a psychedelic in the sense that it's euphoria is highly dependent on what you're doing at the time.

^For me I never found it enhanced or caused euphoria while engaged in something exciting or fun. It just makes me able to focus better on the activity.

I find Dexedrine IR somewhat consistent and very helpful for focus + motivation but I hate the SR/ER capsules.
Keep in mind that they effect those who have ADHD quite differently than those without it.