• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Dexamphetamine (Over) Usage

anon123isme

Greenlighter
Hey anon account for a quick question,

Can I take an extra 5 or 10mg on one occasion when I'm drinking (once monthly at most - at present) of Dexamphetamine to help me focus and relax without fear that my prescribed medication will become ineffective due to tolerance.

I don't want to get high, I just want to be able to have drinks with family on occasion and still be able to enjoy the benefits of the medicine (paying more attention, being more present etc).

For some background:
- I've explored almost all drugs, other than opiates, throughout my chaotic years (15-24)
- I have ADHD-PI and am currently prescribed 5mg three times a day - this dose is my first prescription
- I'm part of the Spravato clinical trial in Aus (concurrent dex treatment is approved)
- Prior to the esketamine treatment I fell into a hole with meth, god
- The esketamine treatment has taken away my cravings for drugs

Thanks Blue-light.

Ime amphetamines diminish / become ineffective over time and daily use just generally, even at daily therapeutic dose though some claim not to experience this even decades on, it was the case for me. That being said, I don’t think adding 5mg once a month will do much to tip the needle to this happening any faster than your normal homeostasis mechanisms.