• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin detoxing from heroin/fentanyl with percs ??

kaytou

Greenlighter
Hi all! This is my first post and I need some advice. I'm trying to detox from 2-3 gs a day of H & Fent. I have 20 10 mg perc's and Subutex. I was going to try and take the perc's the first 3 days and then take my Subutex. Basically, so while I'm waiting to take the subs, I don't feel like I'm dying. I've detoxed with tramadol before, and it was a nice clean detox. The only reason I'm not doing them this time is bc I can't find any. But has anyone done this before? And do you have any advice this is NOT my first detox, so I have all my PRN meds as well. The perc's were also prescribed by a doctor, so I know they aren't pressed. Basically, just looking for any and all advice! Also, how long after taking the perc's should I wait and take my subs?

Thanks in advance!

I'm currently on subutex, NOT suboxone, and you should be fine to start the subutex. Subutex doesn't have the naloxone in it

that would cause you to go into precipitated withdrawal. I just had a surgical procedure and was given fentanyl while on subutex and am fine. On fentanyl for 2 days, going back to subutex with no issues.

If you are taking suboxone DO NOT try to take it until everything is out of your system. You WILL go into PW bad. Subutex doesn't work the same as suboxone because it doesn't have naloxone in it. The subutex will fill most of your brains mu receptors but not all. That's why fentanyl can be taken while on subutex. Its short acting and has a higher affinity than subutex.
This is coming straight from my doctor. Protocol for post operative pain is to give fentanyl if you are on subutex. Nothing else will work.
You should be fine going back to your dose of subutex.