• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Fashion Designers, Seasons, Trends, Models, & YOU.

awesome getting a something you treasure from a friend. when you said you wouldn't post the painting, i was thinking weak. though there's stuff i want to post all the time because it isn't SO suited. then i googled. i can understand why you wouldn't post that.

"Who told you that? I mean, jeez, the shit you come up with. You know, I've been wondering this ever since I met you, but where the hell did you get this fucked-up view of life, anyway?"

"From clothing."

^ what is that from ? perhaps a hydroazu original ? do tell... =)

diggin that post, kenickie. always enjoy learning about polish artists/culture because of my moms ancestry. had to google asap "the guitar lesson" read first result

spent all saturday with a mag #13. amazing look into her world and influences. all sorts of good stuff from from art, architecture, fashion, and even some science stuff. pieces with nick knight, karl lagerfeld, tilda swinton, and daphne guinness to just name a few. for just $27 bux, really feels like a steal tbh.

dro, i remember previous page u mentioned the rodarte issue being one of your most treasured material possessions, this is how im feeling about #13.

hmm might as well drop some art i discovered from the issue. remedios varo (super cool name btw) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remedios_Varo

tumblr_n4p8whNtxy1tqh0k8o1_500.jpg

there's a note included from remedios , she says she thinks its one of her best and talks about the design of clothes.

Last edited:
you guys both like paintings with cats.

it's from Shimotsuma Story or Kamikaze Girls. i dislike the latter title. pulp that was slapped on for international distribution. which isn't wholly inappropriate. i'm reading it now, having enjoyed the movie not too long ago. by novala takemoto.

"I don't ever want to eat anything bitter—I plan on living my life by filling myself up with only the sweet. And if that gives me cavities, I'll cry."

glad to hear you're loving #13! i think quite a bit of time, effort, and care is put into that publication.

remy ryan by lauren withrow...

remy+ryan+by++Lauren+Withrow+copy.png

everywhere online says this is independent work. i could have sworn this is from an issue of Lula, or an outtake from a shoot used in Lula. nowhere online says that and now i can't find it in any of the issues from its time. what i'm getting at is i don't know who the jacket's by.

lol, didn't make the cat connection.

good looks on Kamikaze Girls, full flick is on youtube, might have to give that a go just cause of the "wtf" factor while skimming through it. do you watch much japanese films ? i use to frequently when i discovered takashi miike and sion sono, haven't recently tho.

yea definitely feels like A Magazine really puts in the time, and effort. just judging from #13, like even the paper some of the full pages of the remedios varo artwork is on feels like quality. i can understand why past issues go for hundreds $$$

sweet remy photo. lauren withrow, i thought the name sounded familiar, turns out after checking her blog @ http://lauren-withrow.tumblr.com/ i already follow. took a look at the rest of that shoot @ http://www.fashiongonerogue.com/portrait-remy-ryan-lauren-withrow/ can definitely tell its your taste.

would you say you gravitate towards photos that convey a sense of ethereal beauty ? i get ethereal and innocence. could be totally wrong, lemme know =)

the movie is very worthwhile. and very whatthefuck.

portrayals of ethereal beauty and innocence do stand a good chance of catching my attention. your taste is surreal, industrial, architectonic? last one is where google led me from "lines like architecture." totally wrong?

tumblr has been doing a terrible job of letting me know what's good with katiusha. ebay just tipped me off to...

sticking her tongue out and letting go of the balloons in that dress.

katiusha+by+Ayumi+Endo.png

by ayumi endo

oh, do i watch many japanese films. yeah, suppose i do. i don't know anything about it though. they are often bizarre and pretty.

Last edited:
your taste is surreal, industrial, architectonic? last one is where google led me from "lines like architecture." totally wrong?
totally spot on. hear ya on tumblr not doings its job. i mostly reblog architecture stuff now even tho i track like 50+ fashion photographer tags =/ mainly get fashion fix from latest editorials/covers on blogspot/wordpress.

nice timing with the sound and letting go of the balloon. haven't heard of it, but i do like the name "maison palm" ... those eyes.

wonder if that little boy will pick any of those pretty flowers. for his mother.

i've watched the katiusha for palm maison video a few times now, and continue to grow fonder. just ordered that issue off their website for 514 yen. using google translate. took me like 45 minutes. i have a pending charge for $5 dollars on my debit card. would be nice to have katiusha in print. am not holding my breath.

"victoria secret supermodel karlie kloss" --Parks and Recreation (series finale?)

sonofabitch.

do work...

karlie+kloss+spring+2009.png

rodarte spring 2009

get recognized...

karlie+kloss+is+not+always+so+cool+victoria+secret.png

gah scary karlie!

i was friends with this girl in high school called shitlips. cuz she put weird stuff on them??? i don't know i've never heard the total story. anyway, we met at a strange weird time, i had a passing interest in manga and she was totally into asian movies/drama. basically we spent that year reading Shojo Beat and watching strange teen girl movies.

man now i'm depressed now. Shojo Beat was a magazine i loved from the beginning, and i adored reading them with my girlfriends and sisters. It was targeted at teen girls (my littlest sister at 13 loved Absolute Boyfriend, i was there for Nana) i never went past it into manga and i kind of wish i had. It was a great magazine, but i think the publishers thought it would be read by the same number as the boy manga magazine. it only lasted like five years. but it birthed a lot of great stuff - Kamikaze Girls and Nana among them. i might see if i can download some old issues of Shojo onto my iPad and read it on the train. like a real cool girl. who collects comics and stuff. you can't get any issues of Shojo but you can buy individual serialized manga. i think they are still making Nana but Kamikaze is just a one off. that became two movies some how.

sorry i'm just like geeing out over here aren't i?

i ain't got nothing. this picture of lea sedouyx which makes me want to take her up to my flat in post war paris and complain about nylons and cigarettes and booze and import tax and simone de beauvior and sarte's most recent fight.

except there is a dodge charger behind that dude on the street and it's totally 2013.

tumblr_msk9mnB9p51riv3wzo1_500.jpg

by Glen Luchford

tumblr_n4ky0f9ZLb1s4mtd2o1_1280.jpg

Kiko Mizuhara in A Winter Diary by Julien Levy.

personally i've gotten A NEW PERFUME (Rosabotanica by Balenciaga) and like 15 things from american apparel (omg but that open knit tennis sweater was one SALE!) which is INSANE MONEY and bought Pander a brand new pair of Ray Bans because we just finished a 1,000 foot tunnel. both sides. painted. i never want to see paint again.

NO ONE ASKED PUSSY RIOT WHAT THEY WERE WEARING

kbgkjdg i got drunk and got the new snapchat update which is really intense - fashion friends, y'all snapchat? i'd love to snap snap witcha - but so now i'm just drawing things on fashion photos i like and sending them to my friends and i don't think they like me anymore :(

2irvos1.png

lol, what kind of friends are these ?! my mobile is ancient, old faithful can't handle snapchats =/

not much to post was gonna drop some kstew/lagerfeld paris texas pics but ya already hip to that...

here's a site i found recently http://clothesonfilm.com/ "The aim of Clothes on Film is to examine costume and identity in movies, featuring detailed articles on outfits, reviews, news and exclusive interviews. "

^http://clothesonfilm.com/?s=karina -- too bad. the site has made my long list of those to look further into.

i have a fancy phone. no snapchat.

that's a cool picture of kiko. with Kamikaze Girls, i was trying to order the novel and succeeded. i went with new and hardback just in case it ended up being the comic. having gotten it right in my first order, i won't be going back. from a glance, i don't think shojo is intended for me. fun that you and your sister shared that obsession.

elle's editorial work is picking up in pace.

i'm guilty as fuck. when i saw the may cover of Interview magazine a few days ago, there was a sinking feeling in my chest. her necklace did remind me of The Virgin Suicides -- that 90s teen dream vibe. twisted with the bland, exploitive, glossy feel of Interview. then when i saw the editorial today, i was straight up appalled. after just a few moments, i admitted that though the editorial is a shame and (possibly) a sign of things to come, elle looks good. as the day goes on, elle looks really good. she had this amazing look from 10 to 13. then she hit the awkward stage. during which she was very pretty, but. not sure what extent photoshop is responsible. looks like she's coming out the other side.

elle+fanning+by+craig+mcdean+for+interview+magazine+04.png

NSFW:
elle+fanning+by+craig+mcdean+for+interview+magazine+07.png

elle+fanning+by+craig+mcdean+for+interview+magazine+05.png

elle+fanning+by+craig+mcdean+for+interview+magazine+03.png

elle+fanning+by+craig+mcdean+for+interview+magazine+02.png

by craig mcdean. straight off the magazine's website and it doesn't say who she's wearing.

elle's image hasn't hit a slippery slope. she won't be turned into a sex symbol, save maybe the already wholesome yet impalpable. she is going to continue to appear in this new light. still a little girl -- saying she fantasizes of being a professional ballerina in the interview -- at a new stage in her career.

hmm. she looks way younger than 16 in some of those shots - intentional? probably. i've seen some great shots come out of Interview (some of my favorite Kstew shots are from interview i think) but in general it's a magazine i avoid. in the actors and actress thread you said you were going to find out what elle's curtain dress was. did you ever?

the met gala is tonight. initial look through is a bunch of boring shit. except for cara and lupita and georgia may jagger. the olsen twins are like so deep into this old lady thing. i've really never seen any of the row (which is their label?) except on them.

Kristen and Riley Keough getting ready at their hair stylists. this orange hair thing on stew is pretty adorable.

tumblr_n54ju7DE1J1qf8gvro1_500.jpg

i'm assuming she hadn't had her nails done yet. she does look adorable. and not quite straight, which is common for her.

haven't been though the met gala pics, though i did see them coming up in cara's track tag last night. i really like whatever jewelry is in her hair.

cara+at+met+sized.png

stella mccartney. that includes her panties. not sure about the jewelry.

cara+at+cannes+2014+sized.png

she has over the top jewelry down. at cannes. dress is burberry prorsum. ring, necklace, and earrings are chopard.

she's going to scare real actresses off the red carpet.

never did figure out who that dress is that elle wore. will be difficult, it being a paparazzi shot and not red carpet. i'd chalk it up to vintage, except it's cut pretty short. still might be like a 60s thing. anyway, no one online is saying. i even asked on TFS and the only reply received was along the lines of "wish i knew." that look is and has been in style...

taylor+in+Kimchi+Blue.png

taylor marie. while not nearly as pretty as elle's, i can ID this dress. it being a catalogue shot. kimchi blue. not nearly as pretty. just in my tumblr feed this morning.

Last edited:
Been going through the footage with video guys for video work is making. Stumbled upon three "test shots" where I sat in the interview chair and and they fiddled with the light and sound for an hour. One of them is so bizarre and almost ugly I cannot stop looking at it. Might be one of my favorite shots ever taken. I had been painting and working for 12 hours in the sun, my hair looks like shit, my eyes are bored and flat, and i'm biting my lip/in the middle of speaking.

15f6l91.jpg

I love it so much. The way I'm sitting, the way my shoulders look, my awesome/awful Rodarte rip off shirt. The photographer who took it is furious. Usually these shots do not see the light of day, and certainly not by the 'test model'. But I managed a quick glance before they starting rendering stuff and was like back the ufck up. Also my job means I'm not photographed a lot, usually never, and when I am it's in situations like this - situations where I'm never going to be seen. Fucking fascinating.

Sorry, got a little self absorbed for a minute. But I seriously haven't been this happy with a photograph of myself in years.

nice photo. awesome that you are wearing your rodarte shirt. i remember when you made that. the posts are probably in this thread. this thread is a strange thing.

enjoyed catching up on last few posts.

tis a great shot kenickie, looks tuff as fuck. dig the brick wall, distressed writing on the shirt, everything about it just works.

cara's eyes in that photo above dro posted... looks srs. diggin the jewelry as well, something i've been getting more into as of late.

http://alejewelry.tumblr.com/ is pretty darn good when it comes to pics with jewelry.

ah just came across this Tobias Wistisen FW14 Lookbook. More images over at SZ-mag. amazing.

want these! so dope.
tw5.jpg

Last edited: