• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

"Designer-Drug Death" 2C-T-7 article in Rolling Stone

Have they got a website ?..
Its just its much easier to realize how big a tragedy this is when you can put a human face to it.

OK, since I scanned in the original article I'll scan in the pictures from it too. Hopefully Rolling Stone doesn't send thugs to my house to break my legs for doing these things....
I'll have those up by tomorrow hopefully..
-ikarus

Some pictures from the article have been scanned in and uploaded. The only ones missing don't have as much bearing on Josh Robbins (picture of Alexander Shulgin in lab, Mark Niemoeller of *** , Erowid screenshot, and a *** product disclaimer sheet). The pictures are available on my homepage. I went the extra mile and made a whole page to go with it, if anyone wants to add anything to the page or has anymore ideas just e-mail me or talk to me on the Bluelight IRC server (I'm usually on 10PM-2AM EST).
-ikarus

So many lies in this article. George was a fellow dealer in Memphis who was manufacturing 2CT7 and selling other drugs. George knew exactly how much was the legal and lethal amount, and willingly gave Josh more than what was reasonable, knowing it would kill him and also remove him from his competition for selling drugs. It should also be known that George’s mom, whom he lived with, was a nurse and was home when Eric brought josh to their house. He could have woken her and gotten immediate and proper care for Josh, but George was too worried about his own reputation. It should also be known that Eric is gay, and had a pension for young men. Also, Josh was at work all day that day and needed a ride home, and Eric picked him up and suggested the hotel and offered the drugs. He was not working with Eric to write some paper, and Eric is not some nice guy who got caught up during a bad situation. And honestly- what 30 something year old guy gets a hotel room with a teenage boy and offer him drugs and then the teenage boy (who is clearly straight) starts freaking out and ends up running out of the hotel room naked, only to be rescued and then put back into that guy’s car- he starts banging against the doors and windows trying to escape. Eric was found at house parties in bath tubs naked with other underage boys, so his intentions at the hotel fully explain why Josh was hysterical. These two men had their own motives- one was to eliminate a challenger to their drug business, and the other wanted to fulfill their sexual lewdness and it resulted in the senseless death of a young boy who had great potential and despite what the article says, was actually doing better for himself and making progress in his life.

I’m glad this thread is brought back to life as people can learn a lot from that disaster. If girl/guy above is right or not doesn’t change a lot.

So some things I would like people learn from this -

never relie on other people to measure or administer you drugs but always measure your dose and avoid someone “prank” that could end you or worse

if you think ambulance might be needed, don’t risk and wait, just call 911

have antidote for possible bad outcome whenever possible and with a new substance or a new person in play, that advice is even more important

don’t let your friends keep inflicting self-damage, if you can’t prevent them from it easily and without force, time to call 911

don’t do drugs, especially drugs that profoundly change perception with people who are not your friends or lovers, and even than only with those you would trust your life with

don’t assume in any way that if some people, even generally really trustworthy report RC as great or safe it’ll be like that for you

know that it isn’t question if but when new RC that’ll cause a lot of problems as deaths, permanent damage, unexpected strong addiction, paradoxical reactions for some, novel ways of frying your brain or liver etc. to avoid that, accumulate as much knowledge and be as picky as possible with RCs but still know risk of factor remains and even drugs that were approved and used for many years sometimes turn out to be toxic or otherwise a bad idea

Wo says it WAS 2-C-T-7?

Also, for the doses imbibed, it really doesn't seem as safe as related compounds. In Amsterdam circa 2000 it was on the market but already people were aware of the risks.

Everybody is free to choose but often people don't really want to know about the risks.

It's worth considering that while Shulgin wrote PiHKAL, Nichols and similar didn't go with that class. The very first message Nichols sent me when I mentioned studying ring-substituted aminorex derivatives was 2 words 'BE CAREFUL'. Just that.

If people mix or do far too much of a drug, we can reasonably state that misadventure was the cause. But even moderate doses of the 2-C-T class have caused issued/ I'm GUESSING (from other close calls) that even the presence of elevated levels of certain amino-acids can cause serious problems. One friend drank several pints of home brewed ale and then had DMT... and it almost killed him.

That's not disrespecting the guy who died. It's merely highlighting that people who have had close calls have had to REALLY consider what else they ate/drank and maybe THAT is what caused the hypertensive crisis.

We lose to many....

Anything with a alkylthio group at the 4 position, with reference to the phenethylamine chain, is going to be a MAOI, as it fits the active site of MAO, then prevents to adopting the active conformation. Snorting it is going to make for much higher plasma concentration. Finally, 25mg of ephedrine is the last thing to make for a lethal combination.
All drugs are poisons, given dose, ROA etc. This is where education is essential, not fucking stupid scare tactics on behalf of the 'war on drugs'.

Ah - the person had also had ephedrine. I recall a mutual friend mentioning drinking ale with something like the above and being taken ill. He reckoned it was the tyramine in the ale. I do not know if it's true, but while he was ill, it's how he logically backtracked to work out why things went wrong.

I have often wondered if thioether is oxidized to the sulfone and that is a more potent MAOI.

But you mentioned that a beta ketone abolishes MAOI activity (or words to those effects) which would explain why 4MMC has proved to be quite safe. It's certainly possible to add to all of those PEAs. We made bk-2CB (we made a few others like bk-mescaline but no surprise that the doses became MENTAL).

If so, someone could do another book with the bk versions of all Shulgin's creations. bk-PiHkAL?