• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

**Derailed** Disrespectful treatment...

Cyclizine and Pregabalin are actually PoM's but there are accounts and a Panorama documentary of some Pharmacies selling anything from Valerian to Benzos to Morphine and beyond, for monetary benefits! :eek:

Pregabalin certainly is. Cyclizine is not, unless in ampoule form- see up thread for my link to the official BNF website for proof.
Yes, I saw that programme about the London chemists- an offer of 500ml Oramorph for £200? I've paid far less buying it from people in actual chronic pain who rely on our ever-precarious welfare system for their survival needs- for someone on a pharmacist's salary to charge that is reprehensible profiteering.

Also Reaver- I'm interested in your saying my "second claim is wrong" because pregabalin is sometimes sold OTC. Firstly, I was speaking about specific UK registered internet pharmacies which I know for a fact only sell medicines classified P or GSL [general sales list e.g. packs of 16 paracetamol that can be sold virtually anywhere]- and which do sell Cyclizine tablets. I would link to them if not for the sourcing rules. I was not claiming that no pharmacy would break UK law in this way.

Secondly, are you saying there are bricks-and-mortar pharmacies in your part of the country where you can walk into the shop and get Lyrica without prescription, as with those Edgware Road ones on Panorama? Or are you talking about websites like those I mentioned? In the latter case, they are almost certainly either unregistered ones or offering an 'online doctor' service.

Just pointing out that there's always two sides to every story, and we've only been told one. But like I said, it sounds like the OP has every right to complain.

If the pharmacist was right and you were looking to score something you shouldn't then I would say your right to complain is reduced. Nothing ventured nothing gained, but if you get called out on take it as a fair cop

If you were just trying to buy a toothbrush and some mouthwash, then by all means complain away.

In my frazzled brain atm, I would have gone about this the wrong way and said:
"No... wait! I remember now: it was to be sold crack by an absolute fuckin cuntface :X "
... And stormed out.
But you should ABSOLUTELY make a complaint, because that is a disgusting attitude to be given when swearing an oath to providing care and sound information to ANYONE who comes needing assistance (I'm fairly sure pharmacists have to swear to an oath of some form as Dr's do).

Cyclizine and Pregabalin are actually PoM's but there are accounts and a Panorama documentary of some Pharmacies selling anything from Valerian to Benzos to Morphine and beyond, for monetary benefits! :eek:

Regardless - Make a detailed complaint in the brilliantly suggested manners prior posters have mentioned and I hope it ends up with that twatus spyncti's dismissal :)

But at the end of the day, Pharmacists have to deal with all sorts trying to scam them, lie, cheat and steal from them, they probably get to the end of their tether at some point and think why the hell should they great all with a smile and their best nature when they probably have a good chance of knowing how the interaction will go and if the person doesn't get what they want, get verbally abused, get their staff verbally abused, get products thrown off the shelf in a tantrum? Respect should be a two way street.

Not saying it happened this way, but if the OP went in, the staff mentioned "oh them again" remembering the problems op has admitted to causing before. They stumble up to the counter, mumble something about not knowing what they wanted, slumped in a chair for a few minutes..." that the pharmacist may have reduced tolerance.

Also I have a feeling the pharmacist may have acted different to a little old lady who clearly had a cold and forgotten the name of her medication

But at the end of the day, Pharmacists have to deal with all sorts trying to scam them, lie, cheat and steal from them, they probably get to the end of their tether at some point and think why the hell should they great all with a smile and their best nature when they probably have a good chance of knowing how the interaction will go and if the person doesn't get what they want, get verbally abused, get their staff verbally abused, get products thrown off the shelf in a tantrum? Respect should be a two way street.

Not saying it happened this way, but if the OP went in, the staff mentioned "oh them again" remembering the problems op has admitted to causing before. They stumble up to the counter, mumble something about not knowing what they wanted, slumped in a chair for a few minutes..." that the pharmacist may have reduced tolerance.

Also I have a feeling the pharmacist may have acted different to a little old lady who clearly had a cold and forgotten the name of her medication

I think you missed this bit from the OP in post 20.

By the way, and this is important, I have NOT "had issues before" in this pharmacy: the incidents with Gee's Linctus (which I didn't want to buy btw- have never used it, was looking for someone else who would have then gone in for themselves) and cyclizine happened in completely different chemists (to each other and the one I described my experience this week in) several years ago. And the mention of "threatening" was entirely because I leant on the counter to have a quick look at the shelf underneath, with my hands clasped together behind my back which I hoped made it clear I wasn't trying to grab anything or hurt anyone.

Regardless, we all have bad days. That doesn't give pharmacists special dispensation (see what I did there) to act like assholes. Their remuneration enough should stop them behaving this way, whether to an old lady or a hippie. It's called professionalism.

https://www.pharmacypgd.co.uk/system/gphcstandards.pdf

I think it's quite simple to get around these issues:

1. Dress well
2. Carry with you evidence of your diagnosis for required medication
3. Keep photocopies of past scripts or photographic evidence of having obtained a particular medication before
4. Don't use the same pharmacy repeatedly - alternate
5. If your strategy is to not want them to argue with you, go in at a busy time
6. If, as a last resort, you are ready to argue and have the aforementioned evidence, go in at quiet time

Just remember that a large proportion of the population is on a power trip due to inconsistencies in their own self-image - likely examples are struggles with partners, grappling with their own flawed views of reality, feeling overweight, being old, being in debt, etc. etc.

Everyone has problems. Don't let them take theirs out on you. Plan for the worst.

Usually dressing well is your best bet.

Some pharmacists just suck, so if you see this as the case, go somewhere else.

I think you missed this bit from the OP in post 20.

Regardless, we all have bad days. That doesn't give pharmacists special dispensation (see what I did there) to act like assholes. Their remuneration enough should stop them behaving this way, whether to an old lady or a hippie. It's called professionalism.

https://www.pharmacypgd.co.uk/system/gphcstandards.pdf

Seems like I misread the OP. But you are right, we all have bad days, even pharmacists ;-)

But as well, we only have one side of the story. Perhaps on the pharmacistsunited.com we could find a post

nwphamacist said:
Christ, here is one I have to tell you. This known trouble maker stumbled through the front door, smacked out of his gourd, could barely put one foot in front of the other, oh how I would love to put a few obstacles in the doorway and watch how they fall on their face, only trouble would be they would probably lie there for hours, plus the old dears who come in might trip as well, anyway this guy stumbled to the counter, ranted some gibberish I couldn't understand, just random shouts, the counter girls looked at me with, not fear on their face they have seen it all before but that look of "here we go again". Eventually we understood they were saying they didn't know what they wanted. I tried to explain to them about 20 times that we are not mind readers and perhaps they should come back when they knew. If the end they just laid across 4 chairs we have for customers and made this poor pregnant lass stand up whilst her prescription was sorted. When they came round, I had had enough and just told them I am not going to sell them <insert long list of drugs they always try and blag> and they should just leave.

I know this wasn't very professional of me, but I have had enough of putting up with this.

Or perhaps this guy is just a cunt to everyone 8o

If the pharmacist was right and you were looking to score something you shouldn't then I would say your right to complain is reduced. Nothing ventured nothing gained, but if you get called out on take it as a fair cop

If you were just trying to buy a toothbrush and some mouthwash, then by all means complain away.

That's exactly why what he wanted IS relevant...

The evidence presented by the OP is lucid and bares no relation to your hyperbole of a pretend post on pharmacistsutd.com GTHG.

Frankly I'm amazed at the lack of support and understanding and a willingness to believe the worst in the OP on this drug board.

Have a good moan the next time your postman doesn't turn up on time with your drugs. That you obviously deserve. Hell, you could even make a thread about it.

I've dealt with the GMC. Bunch of cunts that they are, some of you here are making them look like angels. Presented with damning evidence from the OP, you prefer to ignore and/or mix up what he's said and make up ridiculous alternative stories that have no basis in reality. I'm willing to believe none of you bothered to read my links.

Welcome to the new Bluelight. What a pile of shit.

We did support him, we also asked some questions and some of us showed a bit of support for the pharmacist and the general consensus was file a complaint they will judge it on its merits. They are both human beings, not sure we are doing OP a service by going "yeah fuck pharmacists dog"

I beg to differ. The general consensus pretty quickly turned into " junkies get what treatment they deserve". Who has said "fuck pharmacists, dog"?

They are both human beings. But that ignores the power dynamic. One is a human being who has, as far as we know, forgotten the exact thing he went into a chemists for. Wanna take a bet? Wanna bet who forgets most what they go into chemists for? Junkies who know more about their drugs than the average bear? Or little old ladies who are faced with 3 different types of sudafed, 7 different types of Beecham powders etc etc,all of which do the same thing (basically nothing) but are there to profit for the drug manufacturer.

The other is a well paid professional who shouldn't chuck shit around.

If what the OP said is true, and we have no evidence to the contrary, I'd expect a drug board to show full support for the complainant and offer advice accordingly. A bit like I did. What I wouldn't expect is a load of tired old cliches about drug users that are typed to show a) prejudice and stereotype against drug users and b) unnecessary support for a pharmacist who has acted like a complete asshole.

None of this says "fuck pharmacists, dog". It says 'pharmacists have a well paid job for which they are expected to act like professionals'. Pharmacists aren't God. It took them over 400 years to even attain that professionalism on a par with doctors.

This board used to have people reading posts properly and replying in kind. Now we have people like Jayjaysleepyhead offering up genuine topics like "Crime" as a thread and having their validity taken away by 2 pages of bullshit about cum and sex until the thread gets shut down.

I honestly don't give a fuck who I'm upsetting here. This board used to be about good advice with some comedy thrown in. When comedy, at least so called comedy, starts getting valid threads closed, you need to take a look at yourselves. When drug users start to get challenged by completely fictional remarks about 'what might have been', you need to take a look at yourselves.

I'm not here to be liked. I've been here 16 years supporting ALL drug users because I recognise it's one of the few places they can receive support, hopefully without prejudice.

And you?

Firstly, cyclizine IS prescription only. Secondly, report the cunt to whoever you can - he was totally out of order and he needs to be made aware of that. IME, regular pharmacists are usually fine, especially when they get to know you, but locums can be right cocky fuckers.

There ya go SHM. If we're talking about reading posts properly. ;)

Also, have you ever been a junkie? I mean a real junkie? Sometimes the saying 'it takes one to know one' really hits the nail on the head... :|

Last edited:
I'm really not here to argue with you. You have this proper holier than thou attitude like this is some elitist community rather than a place where drug users gather to offer opinions and help one another. Noticed it a few times when you come with this condescending patronizing shit. You may feel like your 18k posts gives you some right to be come around with this judgemental shit and it might do, but really you just look like that old fucker always on about 'how great things used to be'. I don't feel like this thread was judgemental of this other guy, but if you do thats your opinion. I don't feel like you have any more of a right to be here than jayjaysleepyhead, as horrifying as that idea might be to you

There ya go SHM. If we're talking about reading posts properly. ;)

Also, have you ever been a junkie? I mean a real junkie? Sometimes the saying 'it takes one to know one' really hits the nail on the head... :|

I never said I disagreed with EVERY point you posted. I certainly disagree with some. The ones that would be inadmissable in court.

I'm really not here to argue with you. You have this proper holier than thou attitude like this is some elitist community rather than a place where drug users gather to offer opinions and help one another. Noticed it a few times when you come with this condescending patronizing shit. You may feel like your 18k posts gives you some right to be come around with this judgemental shit and it might do, but really you just look like that old fucker always on about 'how great things used to be'. I don't feel like this thread was judgemental of this other guy, but if you do thats your opinion. I don't feel like you have any more of a right to be here than jayjaysleepyhead, as horrifying as that idea might be to you

No, right, you don't sound like you're here to argue with me at all. "Holier than thou". "Condescending patronizing shit". "Judgemental shit". "Old fucker". Go fuck yourself.

While you're at it, try reading what I said about JJ. I was in agreement with him. Post count had fuck all to do with it. He had a valid point, closed down. Try some comprehension lessons. Oh, there I go again with my 'patronizing attitude'.

Get fucked.

The board, when it started as an ecstasy user board, had more people offering friendly advice than judgemental shit. I was part of that. Then the heroin users came along and guess what? I was part of the welcoming crew to them too, and certainly no judgemental shit. I don't differentiate between drugs. And btw Fubar. Never a junkie. Worked with loads. Real ones. As you put it. I think I know what I'm on about. Unless being an old fucker, copyright Reaver99, apparently disqualifies me of course.

This IS an elitist community Reaver. Where else can you find a place like this? Why else do we get quoted in best selling books and the Houses of Parliament? Use elitist against me as an insult. It's only you that it makes look like a fool. So sorry for joining 16 years before you.

The evidence presented by the OP is lucid and bares no relation to your hyperbole of a pretend post on pharmacistsutd.com GTHG.

Frankly I'm amazed at the lack of support and understanding and a willingness to believe the worst in the OP on this drug board.

Have a good moan the next time your postman doesn't turn up on time with your drugs. That you obviously deserve. Hell, you could even make a thread about it.

I've dealt with the GMC. Bunch of cunts that they are, some of you here are making them look like angels. Presented with damning evidence from the OP, you prefer to ignore and/or mix up what he's said and make up ridiculous alternative stories that have no basis in reality. I'm willing to believe none of you bothered to read my links.

Welcome to the new Bluelight. What a pile of shit.

Get your knickers untwisted fella, can almost hear you bashing the keyboard from here ;-)

As my first post said, he it was trying to get something he shouldn't, then no I don't think has any ground to complain, they get called out. If he wanted a toothbrush, then yes it was uncalled for. What more support and understanding is needed

Presented with damning evidence from the OP, you prefer to ignore and/or mix up what he's said and make up ridiculous but comical alternative stories
OP didn't mention what they were after, it effects the whole thread

I'm willing to believe none of you bothered to read my links.
Of course not, how long have you been internetting? You should know that not reading something doesn't negate people from posting

Welcome to the new Bluelight populated by a bunch thin skinned princess butterlies.
:p

Ffs it's like a bar brawl in here. Personal grievances and insecurities isn't helping the OP. Telling people to get fucked isn't helping anyone is it? That's usually the sign of a lost argument. constructive arguments never hurt anyone. That's how you have a well rounded discussion from both sides. It doesn't help the OP when people reduce themselves to name calling. And it certainly doesn't help anyone if a mod has to go in and start UA'ing posts because the conversation has derailed so much it's become of no use or help to the OP.

Personally I think the OP paints the scene in how the post is written, which leads to assumption.

Let's be clear SHM is absolutely right. The pharmacist signed up to a code of conduct and is paid to adhere to that conduct. End of. They made it personal because of the slip of professionalism. There is a lot of assumption in replies that the pharmacist / pharmacy staff may have felt intimidated prior during or after. If so then they should of raised that concern straight off and informed the OP. The pharmacy without doubt should have a policy should they feel unable to deal with the OP as a client and a patient.

There does appear a human element at play; we are all Human? As is shown by the varied replies, all of which are degrees of supporting the OP but pointing reasons and making assumptions for the loss of professionalism, including how the OP can change their appearance!! We know what the OP looks like now too?

I quote; Yesterday I was at an independent chemist in north west England where I am "known" to the regular staff. I went in and asked one of the assistants if I could speak to the pharmacist and a bespectacled "Black man" came out the back (the usual one is of "Chinese descent" and does not wear glasses, so this was either a locum or a new employee.

By the content it sets the scene.
Which creates the opinion
Key points;

Colour race and creed - Black Chinese. Why include such detail? It bears relationship to nothing but immediately makes us assume that this makes some difference to the OP.

They are known to the regular staff in this pharmacy. OP suggests the staff of this pharmacy have raised prior concerns? "I have had the odd problem with pharmacy staff before, from being accused of threatening staff and wanting to steal because I peered under the counter (when I was looking if they had any Gee's Linctus down there, knowing that was where it was kept) to getting ordered out for challenging the lie that Cyclizine is a 'prescription-only medicine"

OP asked to speak to the pharmacist. Who did then come out to discuss to find the patient unable to tell them why they had to stop what they were doing. Had the pharmacist been warned by other staff of prior dealings before they approached the OP? Maybe. If indeed the OP's remarks above reference to the same pharmacy..... Taking that further if this is the same pharmacy; If the OP themselves knows the staff have felt threatened and intimidated then surely the staff would of warned the new pharmacist (professionalism to protect a colleague) and perhaps the real issue is the pharmacy staff as a whole!

So we then ask; Does the pharmacy have "human" reason? Possibly the OP doesn't realise that people when scared can react very differently and unprofessional?

So we think whilst we can deliberate on proffesionalism every one has the right to go about their work without fear.

Nothing is ever black and white. The OP has every right to make the complaint but the real PLUR / empathy here is for the OP to also realise cause and effect of their current method of approach past, present or both can and do lead to others to react. If people say they feel threatened then usually it's because they do!? Sometimes that will lead to a breakdown of professionalism, the staff could well have been as a whole and the OP walked into a situation which was pre engineered to do exactly what it did. Show the OP they were not welcome.

STOP!!!

Let's be clear again SHM is right - in this business you can't loose professionalism and you can't make up facts or take assumption without knowing them.

By playing devils advocate I just did. I took the words of the OP and changed them and manipulated them to create a story which seems to fit someone desperate for drugs and there lies the facts; we are preset to judge based on our own predetermined view.

As SHM says is this where we are at? To create fantasy scenario from words written? No we must ask for clarification of each point to find out if we can help someone like the OP both in the initial concern but maybe to follow up with suggestion on how making any complaint could in fact just polarise the OP further from a key need to go to a pharmacist in future. We should as a whole work through each element to the post get the facts and only ever advise from that position. To assume makes an ass of u and me.

Whether SHM is on an old fart, like me, is irrelevant he is simply stating facts. For me he is the epitome of not judging anyone without fact. A rare bread and someone who has already taught me to be a better person x

Last edited:
^ top post
I think this sounds like a complicated situation. But being treated poorly by people like pharmacists is pretty disturbing.
Lots of people (such as police) see humans who use drugs as somehow less human than the rest of us.

Take for instance, murder victims; quite a few young women disappeared in the last ~20 years in the city i grew up in.
But it is the "nice" girls who get the massive public awareness, the huge police budgets for taskforces investigating their murders.

Girls that went missing, never to be seen again, who were known to be drug users? They're forgotten about.
To me this is a stark reminder of how a lot of people in society view us "illegal" drug users.
Some folks openly say that drug users essentially deserve to die for the transgression of breaking drug laws (see: people opposing HR initiatives such as needle exchanges, drug testing, etc)
A century of propaganda is well and truly intrenched in many people.
Sometimes we need to challenge that IMO

Last edited:
I haven't gone over the thread with a fine tooth comb yet (Remind me to brush my hair) - but my own personal experiences have ranged from shitty looks from pharmacists/doctors/GPs/counsellors/psychiatrists - to ones that are just genuinely lovely and not judgemental - different pharmacies, different vibes. I'll try and add something more constructive once I've read through the bickering. Bare with. x

Ffs it's like a bar brawl in here. Personal grievances and insecurities isn't helping the OP. Telling people to get fucked isn't helping anyone is it? That's usually the sign of a lost argument. constructive arguments never hurt anyone.

Nice of you to pick on my retaliation to, and I quote, "condescending patronizing shit", "judgemental shit" (when the opposite was true) and "old fucker".

Nice and objective of you there Sadie. Now, I wonder why you chose to be like that?

It might help if we didn't have mods sticking their dicks in other mods. Coz I'm sitting here thinking thats exactly what's coloured your judgement (because of a previous thread and post I wrote, please don't pretend not to know what I'm talking about) and is blinkering your objectivity. Certain other people here seem not to be having the same problem as you.