• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Depression Medication, Therapy & Alternative Treatment

That trial mentioned above on psilocybin was a recent study done on 12 people with treatment resistive depression. All 12 people experienced a marked improvement of their symptoms and 5 were in complete remission 3 months later. This is no shock to me as i have been using psychedelics for their unique anti depressant action and the ability they give me to look at my life from a perspective not available through any other means for two decades. They may not be for everyone but they certainly work for me. I always feel refreshed and left with a lasting anti depressant effect especially from mushrooms or DMT. LSD has similar effects as well but the shorter duration of shrooms probably make it more useful for this purpose

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/magic-mushroom-drug-lifts-depression-in-human-trial1/
http://www.9news.com.au/health/2016/05/18/08/00/magic-mushrooms-could-people-with-depression#rGfZr8GABBhSerMp.99

Last edited:
That trial mentioned above on psilocybin was a recent study done on 12 people with treatment resistive depression. All 12 people experienced a marked improvement of their symptoms and 5 were in complete remission 3 months later. This is no shock to me as i have been using psychedelics for their unique anti depressant action and the ability they give me to look at my life from a perspective not available through any other means for two decades. They may not be for everyone but they certainly work for me. I always feel refreshed and left with a lasting anti depressant effect especially from mushrooms or DMT. LSD has similar effects as well but the shorter duration of shrooms probably make it more useful for this purpose

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/magic-mushroom-drug-lifts-depression-in-human-trial1/
http://www.9news.com.au/health/2016/05/18/08/00/magic-mushrooms-could-people-with-depression#rGfZr8GABBhSerMp.99

I am interested to know what sort of dosage of psilocybin they are giving the test subjects, and if the dose is equal for all of the patients.

I am interested to know what sort of dosage of psilocybin they are giving the test subjects, and if the dose is equal for all of the patients.
25mg of psilocybin it said. A lower dose first to allergy test and see that the patients tollerated it then the 25 mg trip.

A New York Times Mini Doco on LSD and Psychedelics. Halfway through one of the participants of a John Hopkins study into psilocybin with cancer patients suffering depression and anxiety tells her story. Well worth a watch, apart from the cop who says there is nothing positive to come from LSD. Lol. Maybe he should have tried it.
LSD - Long Strange Trip

If I'd just read the second article I would have seen the dosages - thank you. I'll have a wee gander at that mini-doc, too.

Twice now I've needed emergency intervention due to adverse effects from neuroleptics within the first 8 days of exposure. 8)

Are they medicines you have never been prescribed before, or just nasty old school neuroleptic drugs that appear awful at the best of times?

Are they medicines you have never been prescribed before, or just nasty old school neuroleptic drugs that appear awful at the best of times?

Just the lowly Quetiapine and Aripiprazole, got my Procyclidine now so comfort may not be far off.

You see, this is news to me. They had just started to market all these 'atypical' neuroleptics when I qualified, 'Seroquel' being one of them with the USP being the side effect profile when compared to typical neuroleptics like haloperidol and the like. But if they still make you just as restless then the NHS were sold right down the river - I dont know what they were paying for quetiapine but they were all new and under patent and the only one we really rated was olanzepine, which was about £380 for 28 10mg tablets, and more if you wanted the quick melting wafer preparations to ensure treatment compliance.

I've always said it but drug dealers are drug dealers, whether it's a rep from Pfizer taking us to a posh restaurant to push there pills or whether you doing 2 bags for £15 quid on the corner.

You see, this is news to me. They had just started to market all these 'atypical' neuroleptics when I qualified, 'Seroquel' being one of them with the USP being the side effect profile when compared to typical neuroleptics like haloperidol and the like. But if they still make you just as restless then the NHS were sold right down the river - I dont know what they were paying for quetiapine but they were all new and under patent and the only one we really rated was olanzepine, which was about £380 for 28 10mg tablets, and more if you wanted the quick melting wafer preparations to ensure treatment compliance.

I've always said it but drug dealers are drug dealers, whether it's a rep from Pfizer taking us to a posh restaurant to push there pills or whether you doing 2 bags for £15 quid on the corner.

Olanzapine 28 x 10mg generic = £1.25

Kent pharma et al = £87.40

Quetiapine 25mg tablets x 60 Teva (most expensive) = £38.05

generic x 60 = £1.23

I know dude. The patents ran out in 2006/07 so like everything they're tuppence a pill now.

I had depression/anxiety for many years and accidentally cured it. I've got a terrible headache condition called SUNCT and was prescribed Duloxetine (for the headaches not for any indication of depression at the time, it's great for this type of pain). When I got to 120mg of Duloxetine it was a like a switch was flicked in my head, suddenly I didn't always see myself in a negative light, worry about trivial things I'd said to people, constantly worry and obsess about the past, etc. Been taking it for two years now.

So I guess it's proof that it works. Considering I didn't take it for depression or have any expectation that it would have this effect.

I can feel that my mood is chemically enhanced all the time. But so fucking what. Some people are born with broken brains and need drugs to make things stable, I've come to the conclusion that this is me. I used to smoke and snort everything under the sun to make myself feel better, now that I'm on the pharmaceuticals I don't have so much compulsion to do that anymore.

I'm glaf you've found something that works for you n thanks for sharing with us because it may also help other people. Hope you keep feeling better x

Evey

Update on my side: the 8 day AP curse has struck again. 8 days into every neuroleptic regime I experience the spawning of incredible pain as deep within my left ankle as possible, along with major swelling and almost complete immobility. My ankle never fully recovered from November's Quetiapine regimen given I still have a minor limp to this day.
My worry is that the symptomology is that of cardiac anomalies, so to speak, masquerading as the benign yet uncomfortable side-effects of a neuroleptic regimen - I've had sneaking suspicions my heart muscle is impaired significantly in terms of the "right-side" since repeated, and clearly failed, attempts at my life via stimulant OD whilst drinking bottles of QT-elongating essential oils, that was around 2 years ago now. My dalliance with 3-FPM, a Lady whom almost certainly induces right-sided heart failure and pulmonary hypertension in excess, may be over and its impact on myself greater than in the general population, but it is a concern everyone should have.

I hope you're ok, Sprouty. Go get yourself checked out if you're worried. Would hate to see anything happen to you <3

Evey

Quitiapine is a good antipsychotic, olanzapine is heavy shit it induced semi permanent anhedonia for me, either way the only thing you can do in Uk is self medicate, if i went to my gp in belguim i just asked for a med, and e was like, your the doc what do you want it for, my pdoc tolled me we can see eachother as collegues, we can learn from eachother, but the idiocy ive seen with the nhs, holy fucking shit, its a national schandal

I'm on sertaline 50 mg. after several talks with my colleagues (volunteering) who is on this n is still fit, slim, into fitness n has a great physique, I decided to go on this. For three years I was on an SSRI antidepressant called Citalopram or otherwise known as celexa. This boasted my mood n so I thought "all's ace, right?" Wrong. It had many side affects which I ignored. I have this annoying havit of going into denial about anything wrong / bad / negative that's happenibg to me withbthe hope it will go away. If things were good; they wete good but if anytging happened, for instance anargument I'd get an dramatic n act like it was the end of the world. My behaviours became compulsive (for instance, when starting citalopram I had £4,600 savings; on finish I am in debt by £8,000). I became suicidal over the most trivial of matters. I was in hospital last year after ODing n ny mam asked me "has itvocurres to you that your antidepressants are doing this to you?" I think that they did have some affect. I wish I coukd write this nexr bit in res. PLEASE NOTE JUST BECAUSE CITALOPRAM / CELEXA WAS NEGATIVE FOR ME DOESN'T MEAN IT WONT WORK FOR YOU. THIS IS MY EXPERIENCE SO PLEASE DONT BE PUT OFF EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT (sorry not shoutibg just had to stress that).

I eventually switched to sertaline after impulsivelt trying to, very daftly, cold turkey from citalopram n subs, earlier this year - and again, agaibst sound advice not to do this - I am my own worst enemy. After a week of a really horrendous time of withdrawal n svreaming at lilvibe (which is NOT ON) I called the emergency foctor.

When transferring from one antidepressant to another they taper you on the present n slowly up you on the other so I went onto sertaline n whether its placebo (because antedepressants take awhike to work) I felt a different immediately. Although it suppressed my anxiety I did not have tge compulsive / impulsive behaviours. Although I was not, n still haven't been able to properly griece for the loss of a friend I do not know whetger this is down to sertaline or involvement of 3-FPM. I also need to bare in mindvthat I am on 1.6 subutex (they do not do suboxone below 2mg).

I will keep updating how the sertaline is affexting me on a monthly basis.vut would like to ask if anyone else is on sertaline how did this substance impact you? Eceryone is different so this is complex but if we can help one abother that is fantastic in my book <3

Evey

I took Baclofen for my headaches and it put me in the most nonchalant, self-serving state of mind. I felt little empathy for others and also wasted loads of money on stupid things. It was actually quite enjoyable and what I imagine a sociopath must feel like all the time, haha. I stopped it after a few months but I honestly have never felt the same since, it's not too bad I'm still me but I feel it took a little part of my brain.

Of course this could be just a coincidence and actual depression kicking in around the same time. Who knows.

Also I secretly love being on drugs all the time and look forward to seeing each medication's effect on my mental state, even non recreational ones. That's slightly messed up I think!