View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Depersonalization Caused by DOC

DerekMarchewka

Greenlighter
Hi everyone, I'm here posting because of a massive DOC trip I had three months ago.
I'd never done acid of any sort and the experience was extreme, high for over 36 hours before passing out from melatonin, woke up and still felt in my system (in fact I'd say I felt it for weeks on end after the trip, this surging motivation that wouldn't quit)... But what's it's transitioned to is a state of deep agitation and what is called depersonalization, wherein I've begun to feel completely detached from my surroundings and what temporal sense of things.
A huge factor is that I can feel how my brain chemistry has been altered (I'd describe it as flushed or feeling a lot of serotonin randomly in my brain, but not connected to any stimuli). I didn't realize that once the rush and motivation of the trip eventually faded it would leave me so detached and mentally short-circuited... I was definitely naive and inexperienced to have had such a massive trip, thought I had no idea at the time what it would be like.

Did any of you find that you could tangibly notice that your brain chemistry was altered after you'd taken DOC? (or any strain of acid) And if so, how were you able to react to that? In what positive ways did you integrate the changes you noticed?

Oh man, sounds like a rough time OP. I have personally felt something similar from abusing 25C-NBOMe for it's euphoric properties*. I don't think anything positive comes from depersonalization/derealization syndrome, except for maybe philosophical growth once you get past the feeling. On the other hand, I did learn to take better care of myself when experimenting with drugs.

There's not much you can do, but I'd recommend staying off of any drugs (including weed). Otherwise, make sure you eat healthily (maintaining a good level of nutrition) and do some workout. To mitigate any anxiety I'd look in to meditating, it really helped me a lot during that time. I hope you will feel better this way. If after some months you still don't feel better it might be wise to seek professional help, but I think this is a pretty fool-proof method provided you can keep up the lifestyle.

*Abuse might be a bit of a stretch but was definitely using the stuff 2-3x per week.

DOC and other rcs aren't strains of acid, and shouldn't be reffered to as acid. It is very misleading, the only thing that should ever be called lsd.

I'm so confused, I thought DOC meant drug of choice. But I don't think you're referring to that...? cuz it don't make sense! lol. Because "DOC" is a "strain of acid", which I don't even know what you're talking about... LSD is LSD... I mean, they do come in different shapes, sizes, and colors, but the genetic makeup should be the same.

LSD is LSD, we'll leave that one be.

DOC however in this context is not Drug Of Choice, but 2,5-Dimethoxy-4-chloroamphetamine.

Hey, so I'll just mention that the distinction I've made between DOC and acid is purely nominal -- I refer to it as acid because the person who convinced me to take it told me told me that's what it was. But yeah, if any future responses could be steered more towards advice for my situation I'd appreciate it!

Hey, so I'll just mention that the distinction I've made between DOC and acid is purely nominal -- I refer to it as acid because the person who convinced me to take it told me told me that's what it was. But yeah, if any future responses could be steered more towards advice for my situation I'd appreciate it!

You should never take an unknown substance that someone convinces you is acid. Psychedelic/hallucinogenic drugs are to be respected. The can be a doorway into unknown amazing thoughts and feelings or altered ways of thinking about mundane things that leave you with a deep understanding of yourself and your surroundings....or they can be a hellish pandora's box that unleashes a nightmare world upon you. Something of this nature is not meant to be trifled with of a passing fancy.

I have had a few bad traps from LSD. These made me feel detached from reality for about a month, but in the end I was left with a much better understanding of myself. Give it time. As a poster above mentioned meditation is key. It will help alleviate the restlessness and "rampaging" thoughts. Stay away from all drugs but benzos for a few months and only take the benzos sparingly. Basically, take the benzos when you feel a resurgence of the restlessness when meditation is not working. Eventually you will need to integrate the experience you had.