• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Death - Where do we go from here...

Dammit muzby... I was hoping you would post your theory...

:)

Reincarnation. :)
We all go through our multiple lives to learn and progress.....then, I like to think, we become enlightened. And do as the enlightened do.

well I had a dream where i thought it'd be a good idea to have a go at this "lethal injection" thing someone was trying.

so i get the shot in my head and i felt this HUGE rush like i'm falling and sinking at the same time.
and just as its about to be over i thought "hmm...i think i better wake up now" and i did. i swear tho, if i didnt wake up i probly woulda carked it.

katmeow said:
Death - Is it really the end of the line?

Over the last few years, I've experienced the death of a couple of close family members and I guess it has made me a hell of a lot more curious about people's personal reactions and thoughts on death.

So... I thought I'd pose the question of what you believe happens once we die. Ghosts, reincarnation, heaven, hell, absolutely zip?? Tell me what you think.

What has influenced your theory? Religious/cultural beliefs, friends, family, personal experience (near death experiences/coma etc)?

*~*~*~*~*~*

curious kat ;)

firstly: you know what curiosity did to the cat ;)

me? i belive in life after death. i was raised to believe in heaven and hell...i dont know personally where i will go when i die. but i know it will be somewhere. i also belive in ghosts and angels. i have seen a ghost or two. i have had death in my life for as long as i can remeber. my family always seems to have someone sick and dieng...as sad as that sounds its true. :\

ive seen friends die and family die infront of me. i think death lingers behind every door. i think there are lots of different things to do with death that are still unexplained.

i was thinking about death a while back and i got really confused bout it because i have always been told that when i die i will go to heaven etc etc and i will be happy there and be able to see things goin on here. but i was thjinkn as to whether vision wise, and sense wise, when i die will it just be black? like when i close my eyes? will i be able to feel thngs ad do things like i can now? or will i just not 'be'.

thats what scares me of dieing and death...the not knowing what it will be like. cause persoanlly i dont want to die :\ i know everyone will die eventually but just the whole dieing and going on to something that know one really knows much about is a bit daunting...for me it is anyway.

imho, death is final. so enjoy - you aint coming back onto this ride, baby. Make the most of it

then again, as of recently I've become a nihilist of a kind. Kinda hard to explain my logic though, so I wont put anyone through it

I think therefore I am, and when I cease to think, then I too cease.

to be.. difficult, tell me who it is that is here to go on?
who are you?

no I mean this, condense that question to it’s base preconception. who are you, who is this that would continue? who is it that is this person, who is ‘you’.

what. a name? a birthdate, a job, a boy, a girl, a religion, a politic, a geographic bareing, a belife, a face, a body.

you go on.. what goes on?

anyway, death. when I was in highschool skipping class I read this, Issa, a japanese poet, poorly translated... on the death of his child, early 20th C.

dew evaporates
and all the world is dew
so dear, so fresh, so fleeting.

I think we die, and twingingly it hurts us here still living. but when our hearts stop pressing our blood in endless cycles and our minds unfed cease sparking out our thoughts, we cease and are no more. death is not a bad thing, and nor is life a blessing, they occur, like so many waves in an ocean... or so many dew in the grass.

Dandy said:
^^ NO!!! I want to know more...now!!!
you do know what nihilism is right?

and you know me well right?

so apply my logic to it :)
too easy

Adikkal said:
This is a nice idea however it works on the premise that your brain is still working in an orderly manner after your body ceases to function. What if you get massive head injuries from explosives or what not? I find it pretty implausible that it could still function well enough to create a dreamstate. I feel its pretty dependant on the brain working in an orderly manner for this theory to hold up. So, if you subscribe to this belief, some people have an afterlife and some don't, dependant on the way you die. But that said, how long can your brain survive after the rest of your body has ceased functioning?

Surely it can't be that long. I know time is altered in dreams but not to the extent that a few minutes could feel like an eternity. And whatever this eternity is would be entirely dependant on all the information already contained in your mind. No NEW information could enter your enternity, just reworkings of everything that is already in there (if you believe new information could enter, where could it come from?)

You make a very valid point adge... I'm re-assessing my ideas!! I admit I hadn't really thought about the affect head injuries and the like would have on your consciousness.

For me, life has no meaning. We live, we die and it all amounts to nothing. I am comforted by this fact whereas for others, it scares the hell out of them. What makes life absurd is the intensity with which we approach it with, juxtaposed to the lack of an overarching meaning.

If there is no afterlife then you can have no regrets about life. Is it strange for this to comfort me? DYING scares me more than death. Dying is a painful process whilst still living. The transition into death is what scares me more than death itself.

Adikkal

I guess I too fall in to the trap of many people of having somewhat of a fear of impermanence. Like you said, death in its self is not so scary. In essence, it can be seen as a relief for many people. Having seen my two remaining grandparents on a steep downward slide over the last year (and after the death of my nana from cancer last year), I also don't like the idea of the process of dying :|

Hell... maybe this is all and we'd all be better off it we could see it :D

This may sound cheesy by it is my belief that when we die we actually become enlightened.
During our life as a human being, reality is subjective because we are viewing it in terms of the self. When we die our awareness of self fades, and is instead replaced with an awareness of the absolute truth of reality which is not subjective and from which all points of view are taken into account. Part of knowing this absolute truth is understanding that it is the truth about reality, which leaves no room for doubt. Another part of knowing this truth is knowing the purpose behind which we experienced life as a human being (which I believe is to experience love, which so far to me is the best that life has to offer). After we die, our consciousness is returned to the source from where it came and we learn of the past lives that our consciousness has lived. From there, I haven't the faintest idea of what options are open to the consciousness, but I believe that rebirth is one of them.

aaah the wonders of acid

it was once said to me as a comfort after the loss of a baby, that those closest to enlightenment needed only a very short stay in this realm, and as such i consider it a great gift to be the mother of one such highly enlightened being. Dying is not the hard part, it's the lessons of life and living through them which we find a struggle. embrace the gifts and allow them the freedom to travel without the burden of our sadness.

youre either burnt to a crisp or you rot in the ground... any other attitude is a crutch for the week minded.

I have 3 different thoughts on death.

1. You fall asleep and as it's happening your life flashes before your eyes and the brain starts to stop working. The energy in your body is released onto the atmosphere and you become a part of it.

or

2. We live in a kind of matrix world where we have paid for a life on this place called earth. When you die you wake up in a cold sweat thinking what the fuck just happened. I think if you've paid good money for this life get the most out of it.

or

3. Like being in a room with no sound or light forever.

We are not meant to find out so it can either be good or bad. Make the most out of life, stay here for as long as you can cause there is a high chance you don't come back.

Last edited:
Spesh said:
it was once said to me as a comfort after the loss of a baby, that those closest to enlightenment needed only a very short stay in this realm, and as such i consider it a great gift to be the mother of one such highly enlightened being. Dying is not the hard part, it's the lessons of life and living through them which we find a struggle. embrace the gifts and allow them the freedom to travel without the burden of our sadness.

Thats lovely. I have a spiritual attitude towards death, it comforts me to think of people I care about who've died being somewhere happy and loving.

Someone i knew once thought that after death, there is blankness. Nothing. He is dead now. I hope he was proven wrong.

^^^
exactly its just hope....less.
man i'm sorry you lost a friend. i'm always sad when poeple die or when people loose loved ones. but it doesnt change the logic... sometimes i wish it would, it'd be easier.

has any 1 ever just been lying in bed half awake and suddenly just feel like ur actually falling? that scares the hell outa me8o

So, after some further thought on the matter, I'd have to say my stance is thus: we're born, we live, we die.

Finito.

Death may prove me wrong, but I'm in no hurry to find out ;)

That aside, we are just starting on developmental psychology at uni and today's class was regarding what point a child starts thinking or having some form of consciousness, whether it is in the womb ar after it is born. This got me thinking about a few other things.

For those who do believe we have a soul, at what point does it come into being? If it arrives at the time of conception, would it not follow on that as it is the human body sustaining it, it would no longer exist upon death?

Or, if it is reincarnation, do souls go direct from one death into a new birth straight away or is there somewhere they congregate in waiting? Does everyone have a past life, or are some people new souls? If you look at the population growth, it just doesn't seem there would be enough souls to go around through reincarnation.

So souls evolve? Do some people have past lives as cavemen or similar?

Thoughts?

Out of curiosity, does anyone know the most pleasent way to die?

Lets say someone was to commit suicide, what is the least most painful method?

Death is not scary, pain is...

shals :D