death from drug use...

calmAnimal

Bluelighter
a friend of mine just died of an overdose this weekend. he went missing saturday and was just found to be dead in his car from an overdose. i still cant fully comprehend that this kid is gone. he was 22 and a real good person. he was always telling me that i gotta watch out for the pills cuz they are serious. i just cant believe it.

ppl are always saying that they lost someone due to addiction but now that i know someone it just seems all the more real. i hadnt heard from him since i got clean and i just think that it coulda been me.

i was thinking this thread could be a place where we talk about ppl we lost due to drugs and the life style that goes along with it.

anyways RIP ryan i know youre in a better place.

RIP Ryan.

i lost a friend to methadone.
not much to say really, i knew him since he was young. he was a good guy.
it was his first time fucking with opiates as far as i know, he wanted to try something new.

RIP G.

I had a buddy this past year die from presumably methadone, xanax, and/or oxycodone. All of those were found from toxicology but it was probably the methadone with the xanax. There are others that I know of but we weren't close. School mates and such.

RIP Kieth F.

My brother OD'd last night, not that badly though, he came to in the ambulance. Sorry for your loss mate. Very scared about it happening to my brother now, especially with the way he's going. I think the heroin is always much stronger this time of year, something to do with the opium harvest. I fucking hate drugs and what they do to people I really do.

my friends best friend died kinda recent. i didnt know the dude but i sold him one of my subs once. RIP Kevin

sorry to hear about your loss's guys, really shows how delicate life is...

RIP for your friend Ryan..

I've had 3 people I knew die from heroin od's 2 associates I used to hang with, and 2 years ago my best friend, it was so hard, he was only 28.. Didn't ever think he'd be the one to go, and die before me at that.. I was usually the reckless one between us..

RIP Johnny, Noah, and Travis

RIP G
RIP Keith F.
RIP Kevin
RIP Johnny, Noah, and Travis

misteee- yes it is

glassass- yeah dude i thought this kid had it under control too.

I'm sorry for your loss, calm. I came to bluelight 2 years ago after my BF overdosed. This is a great place to cry, ask for help, and just talk to lots of people who understand. You might also appreciate the thread in the shrine of people who died from drugs http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=352944

I read that thread, because it's just so surreal. People who are so full of life and are no longer here. I hope you are ok, and just know that there are a lot of supportive people in TDS who can help you get through the sad times.

i'm sorry, CA, and his family has all my sympathy.
i do this prayer kind of thing before i go to sleep and say the names of those still here who are struggling and those who are gone. a while ago i realized there were so many more names on my people gone over but not forgotten list and it just made me cry so hard.
stay strong and best of luck to you.
-izzy

My friend James G. just over-dosed a few months ago. His parents hadn't heard from him in over three days so his father went to his apartment and found him dead on the floor covered in vomit.

The story only gets worse because his two older sisters both died from over-doses as well. When the second one died (less than a year before he passed), he simply couldn't go on any longer. He tried to appear happy to other people but everyone knew he was in a very dark place. He had always used drugs as long as I had known him (for about six years) but never to that extent until after his second sister died.

I can't even begin to imagine how his parents feel after losing not one, not two, but THREE children to over-doses. I know they feel responsible in some way as they believe they should've been able to prevent any of this but in reality there's little they could've done at that point, you know? All three of them were adults (James was 23) and living out of the parents' home.

So tragic... =/

Oh and my friend's younger brother just overdosed a few months ago as well. He went to Iraq when he clearly shouldn't have been allowed to join the Army in the first place (he had always had some mental problems that were quite obvious but he lied while applying). He came back and was worse off than before. He had a daughter and a wife too.

He went to NY out of nowhere, got a hotel room, went to a hospital after breaking his own arm to obtain pain medicine, and then took the entire bottle at once. Whether or not it was on purpose we don't know. I believe it was because he was familiar with drugs and had been using them for years at that point. He definitely knew better than to swallow a whole bottle of strong opiates at once.

The worst part about this is that because he has committed suicide, his family will no longer receive any benefits from the military =/ He was very good at hiding his problems and appeared to be a stand-up soldier during his short career, so as far as the Army is concerned, he willingly forfeited their right to the half million they would've received upon his death as he lied about any mental issues, didn't apply for any treatment post-Iraq, etc. He had also just taken out another half million dollar insurance policy that was voided as well because it was ruled a suicide. I guess he assumed that they would find it an accident and this money would take care of his family but he was so very wrong =/ Now his daughter doesn't have a father and his wife doesn't have a husband, and this makes me feel so fucking terrible...

one of my boys died from a over dose when we was all younger he was like 16 or so we was all alil older but still i mighta been 18 - 20 he was on a whole heap of shit,.... oc ...coke... xanex alotta vodka. and he didnt truely die from the drugs it was the people he was with that night just left him in a room didnt watch over him (knowing he was that fucked up) he choked to death on his own vomit ....if he woulda been with is true friends he woulda got brought to the hospital or had 911 called... then i had 2 close friends kill themselves and my pops passed before i was even in highschool ...but RIP to all those taken to early

Sorry about your lose i feel for you.

Last year one of my closest friends ( and the kid who gave me my first line of cocaine) Overdosed and passed away from shooting coke and taking morphine for the comedown.
When i found out the news i had a loaded needle in my hand and immediately after hearing the news proceeded to shoot the rest of my bag up.

The OD of close friend is one of the hardest things to handle since its like an accidental death caused by the individual which is hard to swallow....
If you do drugs the OD can show you the true nature of the drugs you fucking with so take that message from the situation if it applies to you.

I hope your okay grieving is gnarly process but im glad you started this thread because it is important to give respects to those who have passed, especially from an OD because im pretty sure most of us here know it coulda been us.

Oh and my friend's younger brother just overdosed a few months ago as well. He went to Iraq when he clearly shouldn't have been allowed to join the Army in the first place (he had always had some mental problems that were quite obvious but he lied while applying). He came back and was worse off than before. He had a daughter and a wife too.

He went to NY out of nowhere, got a hotel room, went to a hospital after breaking his own arm to obtain pain medicine, and then took the entire bottle at once. Whether or not it was on purpose we don't know. I believe it was because he was familiar with drugs and had been using them for years at that point. He definitely knew better than to swallow a whole bottle of strong opiates at once.

The worst part about this is that because he has committed suicide, his family will no longer receive any benefits from the military =/ He was very good at hiding his problems and appeared to be a stand-up soldier during his short career, so as far as the Army is concerned, he willingly forfeited their right to the half million they would've received upon his death as he lied about any mental issues, didn't apply for any treatment post-Iraq, etc. He had also just taken out another half million dollar insurance policy that was voided as well because it was ruled a suicide. I guess he assumed that they would find it an accident and this money would take care of his family but he was so very wrong =/ Now his daughter doesn't have a father and his wife doesn't have a husband, and this makes me feel so fucking terrible...

My BF's parents went through something similar. I am proud that I got to help them out a bit. My BF overdosed, and most of the time people assume it's intentional. His life insurance was held, and they struggled to get the insurance money (they needed it for funeral costs). The ONLY reason why it was labeled an accident was because he had written out a check with the next day's date on it and placed it by his keys to obviously pay his rent the next day. That was the one element that saved them, but otherwise, he had a lot of drugs in his system. He did Xanax, so I think (I don't think he was suicidal...just self-destructive) he forgot he had taken some already and he mixed it with opiates/alcohol.

my best friend was left in a hotel room laying with his arm twisted beneath his back. Taped onto his dead body was a note from his "friends" that said, "Went to party bro call me xxx-xxx-xxxx when your done noddin".

It was Christmas morning when they found him, and he left behind his wife and baby daughter. His wife lost it and the child got taken away...

My BF's parents went through something similar. I am proud that I got to help them out a bit. My BF overdosed, and most of the time people assume it's intentional. His life insurance was held, and they struggled to get the insurance money (they needed it for funeral costs). The ONLY reason why it was labeled an accident was because he had written out a check with the next day's date on it and placed it by his keys to obviously pay his rent the next day. That was the one element that saved them, but otherwise, he had a lot of drugs in his system. He did Xanax, so I think (I don't think he was suicidal...just self-destructive) he forgot he had taken some already and he mixed it with opiates/alcohol.

That is so awful Lysis, I'm really sorry to hear about everything you guys have had to go through. I am, however, glad that the insurance company was able to make the right decision by awarding his family the money.

a friend of mine just died of an overdose this weekend. he went missing saturday and was just found to be dead in his car from an overdose. i still cant fully comprehend that this kid is gone. he was 22 and a real good person. he was always telling me that i gotta watch out for the pills cuz they are serious. i just cant believe it.

Man I am so sorry to hear this :(
RIP Ryan <3
Much love to you and your friends and Ryan's family. Take care dude.

ppl are always saying that they lost someone due to addiction but now that i know someone it just seems all the more real. i hadnt heard from him since i got clean and i just think that it coulda been me.

i was thinking this thread could be a place where we talk about ppl we lost due to drugs and the life style that goes along with it.

anyways RIP ryan i know youre in a better place.

Ah man..it always sucks to loose someone. Especially someone who is a great person. We all feel for ya and our wishes and respects are out to ya...my grandma is currently in the hospital because of a meth/heroin.. its her last week to live because of the hep. Have lost a few others :(

RIP SHERYN K. RIP LINDA K. RIP TOMMY S. Love you guys with all my heart. You'll always be remembered everday