• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids DEA cut back on opioids 2024- make your voice heard!!

Aqlis

Discord Admin; Peas & Pasta Czar
Staff member
COMMENT PERIOD ENDS 6 DAYS FROM THE DATE OF THIS POST

In the US, the DEA is proposing further cuts -almost 8%- to legitimate opioid production (specifically oxcodone, hydrocodone, oxymorph, and hydromorphine) for 2024. They have a forum where patients can leave comments to ask for this NOT to happen.

There are also many of us here who are chronic (physical) pain patients. For those chronic pain patients, I know a lot of you have had issues already getting pain medications filled due to shortages; I am among you.

For those using recreationally, I worry about your safe supply. To my mind, addiction is just another form of untreated pain. So, to everyone: I urge you to consider leaving them a (respectful) comment asking them to not make further cuts to an already very limited supply. Share within any other pain/chronic illness group in which you are a part. Let’s try to get the comments to 10k at the very least.

sourced from:

Last edited:
COMMENT PERIOD ENDS 6 DAYS FROM THE DATE OF THIS POST

In the US, the DEA is proposing further cuts -almost 8%- to legitimate opioid production (specifically oxcodone, hydrocodone, oxymorph, and hydromorphine) for 2024. They have a forum where patients can leave comments to ask for this NOT to happen.

There are also many of us here who are chronic (physical) pain patients. For those chronic pain patients, I know a lot of you have had issues already getting pain medications filled due to shortages; I am among you.

For those using recreationally, I worry about your safe supply. To my mind, addiction is just another form of untreated pain. So, to everyone: I urge you to consider leaving them a (respectful) comment asking them to not make further cuts to an already very limited supply. Share within any other pain/chronic illness group in which you are a part. Let’s try to get the comments to 10k at the very least.

sourced from:

LINK WAS BUGGED BECAUSE OF EPIC EMBED FAIL I FIXED IT FINALLY

Its over man they want us dead or suffering, just told my subutex quack Im suffering and want off this shit and since its been a year Im ready and "whats the plan to help me get off it are you going to help me at all with comfort meds for the first couple weeks?" and just a blank stare "we don't do that we will lower your dose by 4 mgs this week then 2mgs next week then 2mgs next week and you will be done with minimal symptoms maybe the sniffles and feeling like you have a mild cold for a couple days. I made eye contact and asked him "Have you ever taken the medicine for years and then stopped"? and he said no and I explained to him how i went through it before after being on it 7 years and the pain was debilitating and I didn't sleep legit one second for over a month and was still never right a few years later and ended up back on it. He didn't give a shit so I said fine leave my dose as it is then I guess Im just stuck on this shit feeling miserable forever now and Im so happy I never get to take a shit or piss more than two drops every 5 minutes because I can't empty my bladder with the thickest sarcasm I could muster andthe dumbfuck actually said "I think your making the right choice" as if I wasn't saying what I said with complete sarcasm.

Anyone who wants to know what bupe is like years down the line after the "honeymoon phase" where you will see posts on forums "its a miracle drug, it saved my life, I don't mind taking it for the rest of my life why do people want to get off it so bad I dont undersand it" once you get to a year maybe two maybe even 3 if you are lucky it will turn on you. You will wake up sick and disoriented, dizzy, feel so tired you can barely muster getting up to piss or shower, nausea, anhedonia, extreme stomach tightness from going to the bathroom maybe once a week even with using miralax and improving your diet, I exercise constantly and it still doesn't help going to the bathroom. You will feel cold all the time no matter if its hot outside or not, that cold that you feel deep down in your bone marrow and also lets not forget the disgusting flop sweat sheen of sweat that always forms that makes having your shirt and clothes feel disgusting on your skin and you will walk around like Frankenstein with stiffened up joints and all your muscles feeling clenched. You will also start noticing your teeth cracking and getting infections and cavities that you never ever had before starting on it so be prepared to invest thousands of dollars into that if you plan to be on it long term. I hate this drug and I hate that its just as addictive and shitty as any other opiate addiction but it doesn't relieve any suffering in fact it causes more suffering so they are all in letting us have it, they love watching addicts squrim.