• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Day 5 off of suboxone and to be honest it is not as bad as everyone says (SUBJECTIVE)

Hi I am on subutex on 0.5mg, for the last 4 years I have not gone above 1.2mg. I am wondering has anybody else gotten off long term sub use and what did you take to make it past the acute withdrawals and PAWS (I keep reading and hearing about). How long did the withdrawals last and when can you say that you recovered from PAWS?

I think people are taking doses that are too high tbh

if you can stretch 8mg out over a week than yeah, that's great

and of course you'll get the people saying "you don't know my habit or where im at right now"

and it's like you're right, I don't, but at the same time I know you are just delaying the inevitable and it's a lot easier to deal with a week of feeling like shit than half a year of feeling just dead

Yes I totally agree with you on the length of wd from subs vs. opioids, there is a big difference. I have been through both and through it with opioids more then twice. However I, myself needed to be on suboxone bc it kept me off opioids for 2 years. When I wd from oxy, I would always go back to using within a couple weeks, even if I told myself I would never ever do it again. Subs gave me the ability to stay off opioids long enough so that when I did get of subs, I have been able to stay away from opioids the longest I ever have before. It also allowed me to get my shit together and finish school and live some what of a "normal life" to do it. As you said before, It is delaying the inevitable, but for some we need the delay to get our priorities straight.

Hi I am on subutex on 0.5mg, for the last 4 years I have not gone above 1.2mg. I am wondering has anybody else gotten off long term sub use and what did you take to make it past the acute withdrawals and PAWS (I keep reading and hearing about). How long did the withdrawals last and when can you say that you recovered from PAWS?

I think everyone is different. The lower you can taper the better. I have heard from people who were able to taper down to 0.25 that they had almost no WD's, including PAWS. After I got through the physical WD's from subs, (I jumped at 2mg) I did start to notice some depression or what others would call PAWS. I posted on page four about a supplement that I got that really helped with this L-Tyrosine (I think that's right). Exercise is KEY!! In helping your brain rebuild those neurotransmitters!
From what I have read, and remember everyone is different, but the PAWS can last from a few weeks to months. I have also noticed those who lasted months, had a hard time all around. If you can stay positive and get out and try to lead a normal life, my thinking is it will not be as bad. Also if you are already prone to depression in general, then you could imagine that this may come creeping back.
If you could taper down to half that 0.5 to 0.25 I think you will most likely have minimal WD's and PAWS, it's largely mental.

Hey thanks for your response. I have not had such a hard time tapering down, but then again I did not go above 1.2mg the last 4 years. My brain though still feels a little same as last year or when I was above 1mg. When you went low and tapered did you feel your brain healing?

Also when I hear about PAWS lasting 6 months to a year for some people it makes me think how can a taper reduce that? if someone was to be hit with PAWS for 6 months then should have they have tapered for 6 months?

I was never prone to depression in the past nor have I had depression issues in my past. When I use to do H (heroin) I always use to recover after 2 days, even 1, but it was not a full blown H habbit, and I did H on and off or 3 years. haven't touched H or opiates for 7 years (thats how long I have been on subutex).

I do work out a lot though, infact almost everyday, but how can anybody work out in withdrawals? aren't you prone to pulling a muscle? aren't you low in energy?

I am thinking of cutting down by 0.1 every 2 weeks, and then planning to stay on 0.25 for a month or 2, I hear this is the best way to taper down, to unwind all that half life built up, and for the receptors to get rid of much sub as possible, so when you jump you will jump from a dose you was stabilized on and at that a small dose.

What about rapid detox or naltrexone? I read somewhere this could be a good option? it helps to rid the sub from the receptors, even better when your only on a low dose...

I also read you can take naltrexone when you get hit with PAWS, is this true? I am not referring to low dose naltrexone but 50mg of a nal tab, or half and quarter of that..

Hey thanks for your response. I have not had such a hard time tapering down, but then again I did not go above 1.2mg the last 4 years. My brain though still feels a little same as last year or when I was above 1mg. When you went low and tapered did you feel your brain healing?

Also when I hear about PAWS lasting 6 months to a year for some people it makes me think how can a taper reduce that? if someone was to be hit with PAWS for 6 months then should have they have tapered for 6 months?

I was never prone to depression in the past nor have I had depression issues in my past. When I use to do H (heroin) I always use to recover after 2 days, even 1, but it was not a full blown H habbit, and I did H on and off or 3 years. haven't touched H or opiates for 7 years (thats how long I have been on subutex).

I do work out a lot though, infact almost everyday, but how can anybody work out in withdrawals? aren't you prone to pulling a muscle? aren't you low in energy?

I am thinking of cutting down by 0.1 every 2 weeks, and then planning to stay on 0.25 for a month or 2, I hear this is the best way to taper down, to unwind all that half life built up, and for the receptors to get rid of much sub as possible, so when you jump you will jump from a dose you was stabilized on and at that a small dose.

What about rapid detox or naltrexone? I read somewhere this could be a good option? it helps to rid the sub from the receptors, even better when your only on a low dose...

I also read you can take naltrexone when you get hit with PAWS, is this true? I am not referring to low dose naltrexone but 50mg of a nal tab, or half and quarter of that..

I am happy to answer your questions, this will only be based on my experience and that of others that I have read about ( I have done a lot of reading on this though). I am going to split it up, because you have a few different questions. If anyone has had a different experience or something to add please do!

First of all, a little about me and my experience: I did 2mg, never more and sometimes less, for about 2 plus years. I had physical WD's that lasted for about 6-7 days. These were nothing close to WD's from H! I have posted in this thread my whole experience, mainly no energy, hot, cold, RLS. It sucked but I was able to still do things and seemed somewhat "normal" to people who did not know what I was going through.

If you have not had a hard time tapering I would taper as low as you can before you jump from taking subs. From what I understand this makes a huge difference. I jumped at 2mg, which from what I read is a large dose to jump from. Even jumping from that MG I felt that WD's were no big deal and again nothing close to H WD's.

As far as brain healing: At first it was all physical, then came some depression, I am also prone to this though. While I was on Sub's I felt very numb to everything and could be "cold" or insensitive at times. When I came off of them, I was really emotional, but I liked this because it had been such a long time since I had any real emotion. Even if I was crying, atleast I knew that I was able to "feel" again. I am not sure exactly what you mean by brain healing, maybe you can expand on exactly what you mean by this, like your symptoms ect...

As far as PAWS goes: I think this really all depends on where you are in your life. For example: If you sit around thinking to yourself, I feel so bad, my life was better when I had more energy, this sucks....then I think you will have a worst time with this. I constantly found myself, thinking to myself how do I feel now, I felt better when I woke up, last hour I had more energy, now I don't....Drove myself crazy thinking like this!!!!
With that said there are things you can do to help with PAWS. The reason why people have PAWS is because when you do drugs, it creates all these new dopamine connections in your brain, so when you stop doing them, you need more dopamine to keep you normal then the average because you body is now use to this. You need to rebuild your neurotransmitters to feel "normal" again. The best way to do this W/O drugs is to boost your dopamine levels naturally. I mentioned that supplement L-Tyrosine but more then that the best way to do this is by exercising!! Which brings us to the next question.

How can you workout when in WD's? First of all I would wait until you are done with most of the physical WD and not start to workout until day 5 or so. I don't think you will be able to completely understand this until you are on day 6 but I always felt my best when I was on my treadmill working out. When you work out your body puts out this dopamine that your body is so craving. Even on day 6 of feeling like shit right before I got on treadmill, as soon as I started to workout, I felt great!!! I mean better then normal! It was the weirdest thing but I am telling you it makes such a difference in the short term and especially in the long term. After working out I would be pooped, sometimes I would take a nap and actually this was one of the times I was actually able to get to sleep without having RLS. When I woke up I felt so much better, as if I did a bump of oxy or something. The fact that you already workout all the time is going to be a huge help in you getting off subs!

About the pulling muscle thing, you don't want to push yourself to much. You need to work out enough to get a sweat, and try to do 30 mins and even more if you can. most if not all of your exercise at this time needs to be cardio for the most part, to get your blood pumping and the dopamine going.

Tapering: yes you have the right idea, the smaller the better. like i said in the other post, people who have tapered that much (0.25 or less) say that they have close to none if any WD's. ( my boyfriend will concur) If you can do this, I think you will be home free! The half life of Sub's is long but I do believe that after about a week it is definitively all out of your system.

About the naltrexone, I don't know anything about this, maybe someone else can chime in on this?!?

My last word of advice which does answer your worry about needing a rapid detox: IT'S NOT THAT BAD!! you can do it! I swear after jumping from 2mg I look back on it after about a month, and it was not that bad. I read so many horror stories on the internet, DO NOT PAY ATTENTION TO THESE!! especially if you tapper correctly, these stories will not pertain to you! It's a small price to pay to be free from subs. The hardest thing for me was sleeping at night because I had RLS and feeling a little tiered though out the day. These symptoms lasted only about 2-3 weeks though. After that I remember getting in bed that first night with no RLS and sinking into a utopia of sleep. It's crazy how when you always sleep well you take it for granted, when you can't sleep well at all and then the first night you do sleep well, IT'S THE BEST FEELING EVER!

If you ever need any support please feel free to post or shoot me a pm, I am happy to help. It's all mental! exercise, eat healthy, chat with ppl in your same predicament for support, and above all don't do any drugs! (opioids) I do have other tips that I have posted (to many to list) that have worked for me in the thread, mostly about not being able to sleep and having a lack of energy. Make a list, go to the store, get what you need, set a date and the rest is history ;)

I find it an excellent tool to get clean. I am currently at 2 mgs right now and I was coming off a very nasty habit. Its not that bad when you jump off subs.

The hardest part is you already feel clean on the subs and therefore have little motivation to quit. I always do a fast taper down to about two and then maintain for a week or so. After that I keep taking smaller and smaller doses.

When I do eventually jump off I have some Lope, MJ and Vicodin if I have any dope sickness as drugs like hydrocodone have no hold on me. From that point I just proceed as though I am clean once I have all the subs out of me and I am just fine.

As long as I keep needles out of my veins this method works perfectly. So I suppose once you jump off the next battle (staying clean) begins. For me its best to start exercising and eating healthy as possible as soon as I get on the subs and by the time I jump off I am very active. Its also a good idea to stay away from your old friends IME as that has always led me to relapse in the past.

****its also a good idea to stay away from your old friends ime as that has always led me to relapse in the past.*****

very good last point!

I waited four days before I took my next dose of buprenorphine. I wanted to see how long I could go before WDs set in. It was around 82 hours from last IVed dose of 4 mg to start feeling uncomfortable. I'm guessing I had around 8-12 mg in me with steady state all IVed. Amazing how long this stuff actually lasts. It was around 3 1/2 days post last dose to start feeling ill.

Also I noticed that when I IVed my dose this morning, it was not super fast acting as say Oxy, heroin would be in combating WDs. It took a solid 15-25 mins for the full effects of bupe to take hold and alleviate my WDs.

It's a very odd opioid, indeed. I was stunned at how long it took for bupe to take effect even when IVed. I was hoping for a tiny buzz since I held off for so long and letting my bloods levels drop below ceiling threshold, but nada. Even though I was feeling ill from bupe WDs its still nothing compared to heroin WDs. It was uncomfortable no doubt but no where near as intense. I would wager that if done right and tapered to a very very low dose of bupe like .05-.25 range that WDs would be so minimal almost nonexistent, if done right.

This is a bit messed up, back in May, after a couple years clean I decided to stop Suboxone. I had made it 2 weeks and was still feeling like crap, ok, but, like crap. So, let me back up. After week one, I found this excellent article below. It's so dead on man. Anyway after week 2 I started Oxy again.

Anyway, this article is very awesome, I think anyone trying to get off suboxone should read it and take it all in. Seriously.

The worst part, is that this article is now me, how fucked up is that?

J T Junig, MD PhD

Mar 20, 2011
Realize that opioid dependence is a lifelong condition for the vast majority of people. My opinion is just that-- my opinion-- but it is based on my own 20 years as a recovering opioid addict, and my experience treating several hundred people with buprenorphine over the past 6 years. I see many people who follow a certain pattern-- they are addicted to opioids and lose everything, then they go on buprenorphine and get their lives back.... at some point they try to stop buprenorphine, and blame buprenorphine for their opioid dependence-- even though the buprenorphine was the only thing that saved them. They then struggle to stop buprenorphine, going back to their original drugs of choice to treat the withdrawal from buprenorphine! Crazy...

I've seen a number of people suffer after stopping buprenorphine. I personally know of six people who died from overdoses at some point after deciding to 'get off Suboxone.' I've had many people who were doing great, who decided they needed to get off Suboxone... who returned to my practice a year later, 10 grand in debt and using more than ever, maybe graduating from snorting to shooting.

So... with that perspective, I believe that opioid dependence should be treated like hypertension or diabetes, and that many, perhaps most people should consider themselves 'clean enough' on buprenorphine. As I frequently say-- 'you couldn't stop opioids BEFORE Suboxone; why do you blame Suboxone for your trouble stopping it NOW?'

Sorry for the digression.... to answer your question, buprenorphine is extremely potent; it is used for pain in microgram doses. A standard dose for pain is 50 micrograms; at a quarter of a tab, you are still on 2000 micrograms! So like the first comment said, a taper has to go a lot lower than 2 mg to avoid withdrawal. Search for the 'liquified taper method' and Suboxone for one way to do it.

Some people describe the late symptoms described above; the usual pattern is to peak at about day 7, and to slowly improve over a month or two. It is rare to see withdrawal beyond two months, and even more rare after 3 months--- it gets difficult to decide if it is 'withdrawal', or perhaps a mood disorder brought on by the withdrawal.

I waited four days before I took my next dose of buprenorphine. I wanted to see how long I could go before WDs set in. It was around 82 hours from last IVed dose of 4 mg to start feeling uncomfortable. I'm guessing I had around 8-12 mg in me with steady state all IVed. Amazing how long this stuff actually lasts. It was around 3 1/2 days post last dose to start feeling ill.

Also I noticed that when I IVed my dose this morning, it was not super fast acting as say Oxy, heroin would be in combating WDs. It took a solid 15-25 mins for the full effects of bupe to take hold and alleviate my WDs.

It's a very odd opioid, indeed. I was stunned at how long it took for bupe to take effect even when IVed. I was hoping for a tiny buzz since I held off for so long and letting my bloods levels drop below ceiling threshold, but nada. Even though I was feeling ill from bupe WDs its still nothing compared to heroin WDs. It was uncomfortable no doubt but no where near as intense. I would wager that if done right and tapered to a very very low dose of bupe like .05-.25 range that WDs would be so minimal almost nonexistent, if done right.

From what I have read about other peoples experience that did taper this low (0.25) , the WD's were nonexistent. I would of gone down that far but I was just sick of being a slave to subs and as I said before just said fuck it, i'm jumping. My boyfriend however did do this and got down to such a low dose that I joked with him, when he did that little of an amount it was placebo. I'm talking like an amount so small you would need tweezers to place it under your tongue. When he finally "jumped, if you can call it that" he had not WD's at all!

Once again I appreciate your reply. So you was on the subs for 2 years? I heard it does not make much a difference if someone has been on subs for 2 years or 7 years, is this really true? you was never on a dose higher then 2mg correct? I was on 8mg for 3 years, but again I weaned down to 1.2mg on July 2009, since then it's always been about going lower and never higher, hopefully that stacks in my favor????

About brain healing, I was implying about emotions, the fog or sub haze as we call it lifting, see things, places, even food clearer, like clear vision, feeling reality again and so on.

What helps me is my work out daily for 3-4 hours, I go the local park and do some running and sports, that helps me for the rest of the day and night, though am not exactly feeling my emotions or clarity but I feel without exercise I would feel rubbish.

I think I read somewhere here about using short acting opiates to taper that last bit of sub, is that possible? does it make sense to carry on tapering to 0.25mg from the dose I am on instead of using short acting opiates to taper me off. I only think of this so I don't feel rubbish tapering down to 0.25 when I can feel decent using saos for the time it would take me to taper down to 0. Just a thought is all.

When did you feel you fully recovered? for instance when your depressed lifted? did you take anything for that? I heard depression coming off sub is worse then methadone or antidepressants themselves, but I never been prone to that...Did I mention I quit subs one time cold turkey after being on 1mg for 6 months and recovered after 3 weeks? I remember having no PAWS then, just few chills and difficult sleeping. I was 25 then though.

I personally think buprenorphine can have some horrible WDs, I was on 16mg daily for over a year. I only took like 2mg or less daily though, a lot of times IV which fucked my tolerance because sublingual BA is like 35-50% BA and IV is obviously 100%. But I was just doing 0.25mg shots, which held me good.

There are some nasty acute WD symptoms after the half-life is completely gone. I will wake up one night with awful RLS, soaked in sweat, insane irritation, anxiety, and depression. Not at intense as heroin WDs, but still rough and long. PAWS are terrible too, bupe PAWS last soooo damn long, it made me relapse because I was so depressed. Tried to go to NA meetings and hated that shit.

Once again I appreciate your reply. So you was on the subs for 2 years? I heard it does not make much a difference if someone has been on subs for 2 years or 7 years, is this really true? you was never on a dose higher then 2mg correct? I was on 8mg for 3 years, but again I weaned down to 1.2mg on July 2009, since then it's always been about going lower and never higher, hopefully that stacks in my favor????

About brain healing, I was implying about emotions, the fog or sub haze as we call it lifting, see things, places, even food clearer, like clear vision, feeling reality again and so on.

What helps me is my work out daily for 3-4 hours, I go the local park and do some running and sports, that helps me for the rest of the day and night, though am not exactly feeling my emotions or clarity but I feel without exercise I would feel rubbish.

I think I read somewhere here about using short acting opiates to taper that last bit of sub, is that possible? does it make sense to carry on tapering to 0.25mg from the dose I am on instead of using short acting opiates to taper me off. I only think of this so I don't feel rubbish tapering down to 0.25 when I can feel decent using saos for the time it would take me to taper down to 0. Just a thought is all.

When did you feel you fully recovered? for instance when your depressed lifted? did you take anything for that? I heard depression coming off sub is worse then methadone or antidepressants themselves, but I never been prone to that...Did I mention I quit subs one time cold turkey after being on 1mg for 6 months and recovered after 3 weeks? I remember having no PAWS then, just few chills and difficult sleeping. I was 25 then though.

I don't think it really matters after more than a couple years how long you were on them, to be honest I think it can work in your favor because you have been w/o opioids for a long time now and you should now be able to get off SUBS and not go back to doing opioids, since it's been such a long time since you have done opioids. At least that is what I found.

The way a taper works is the longer you taper, the better and easier it will be for you with WD's. So if you are really worried about WD's take your time with the taper, an added 3-6 months is not going to make a difference when you have been on them for many years.

With the brain, as I said before it's largely mental, and the more you exercise the better shape you will be in. I did use T-lysine to help with depression, and it seems to help, you can look it up.

I felt fully recovered in about 3 weeks with physical WD's. I did not start to have any depression til week 4, but it was not that bad and the busier i stayed the better I could deal with it. I feel fully recovered now from WD's both physical and mental and it's been about 6 weeks. You have to understand when I say this, the actual WD's and depression was not that bad, it was exactly what you remember last time, chills and difficult sleeping. (I am 31)

As far as using the short acting opioids to help with WD's, I don't think I would be able to do this. After all the point is getting off SUBS and the reason I was on SUBS is because I was abusing opioids. So for me it just seems like it's going against the cause. There have been people who have posted here, who have done that but I will say this. While they were still dealing with WD in week 4, 5, and 6 I was in the free and clear for the most part. So I kinda feel like using opioids to get off subs can almost prolong the WD extent. I have seen people do this and it work for them, but I think you have to be very careful and have a very tight hold on the amount you do.

I am going to say this and I mean it with love, I think you are thinking a little bit to much about it. After all the title of this thread is about how it's "not that bad". If you have done it once before, you can do it again. I did take a lot of Imodium to help with WD's and I felt that was the best to help with physical WD's, exercise, eat healthy, get outside and before you know it a month will go by and you will be done with it!!!

I personally think buprenorphine can have some horrible WDs, I was on 16mg daily for over a year. I only took like 2mg or less daily though, a lot of times IV which fucked my tolerance because sublingual BA is like 35-50% BA and IV is obviously 100%. But I was just doing 0.25mg shots, which held me good.

There are some nasty acute WD symptoms after the half-life is completely gone. I will wake up one night with awful RLS, soaked in sweat, insane irritation, anxiety, and depression. Not at intense as heroin WDs, but still rough and long. PAWS are terrible too, bupe PAWS last soooo damn long, it made me relapse because I was so depressed. Tried to go to NA meetings and hated that shit.

I wonder if the reason your WD's were so bad was because of IVing it? as you know you get 100% of the drug that way. I did snort the pills for a year and then could no longer get pills for the rest of the time I was on it. When I got the films I used them the way they were intended so i did not get all of the availability of the drug, which I would think would mean it would be easier to get off of. I also know that everyone is different when it comes to this kind of stuff, so it's hard to say how it is going to be from one person to the next.

With the brain, as I said before it's largely mental, and the more you exercise the better shape you will be in. I did use T-lysine to help with depression, and it seems to help, you can look it up.

I felt fully recovered in about 3 weeks with physical WD's. I did not start to have any depression til week 4, but it was not that bad and the busier i stayed the better I could deal with it. I feel fully recovered now from WD's both physical and mental and it's been about 6 weeks. You have to understand when I say this, the actual WD's and depression was not that bad, it was exactly what you remember last time, chills and difficult sleeping. (I am 31)
with it!!!

I just hit my 4 months clean from subs this week. I've been monitoring this thread and I'm glad to see you're still staying positive and doing well!

In my experience, unlike physical w/ds, the depression and anxiety and PAWS stuff didn't just completely go away. It would come and go, and some days I would feel completely normal and others I would be contemplating my sanity. The good news is, PAWS have been occurring less frequently as time goes on, and it doesn't seem to be as bad as it was (or maybe I'm just getting used to it).

So yeah just telling you this so you are prepared for what still lays ahead. I agree with a lot of the things you mentioned to minimize these symptoms, for example amino acids and vitamins and exercise, but it seems that when I need exercise the most is the hardest fucking times to get up and do it. I've had the strength to stop dipping tobacco in the last month and switch to the nicotine patch though, so that could be a biasing my view a bit.

Keep it up and keep posting, I've enjoyed this thread a lot.

Yea getting off the subs was like a cake walk for me. I didn't even tapper like the doc told me too. But everyone's different.

I just hit my 4 months clean from subs this week. I've been monitoring this thread and I'm glad to see you're still staying positive and doing well!

In my experience, unlike physical w/ds, the depression and anxiety and PAWS stuff didn't just completely go away. It would come and go, and some days I would feel completely normal and others I would be contemplating my sanity. The good news is, PAWS have been occurring less frequently as time goes on, and it doesn't seem to be as bad as it was (or maybe I'm just getting used to it).

So yeah just telling you this so you are prepared for what still lays ahead. I agree with a lot of the things you mentioned to minimize these symptoms, for example amino acids and vitamins and exercise, but it seems that when I need exercise the most is the hardest fucking times to get up and do it. I've had the strength to stop dipping tobacco in the last month and switch to the nicotine patch though, so that could be a biasing my view a bit.

Keep it up and keep posting, I've enjoyed this thread a lot.

Yes that is a great way to describe PAWS, it comes and goes. To be honest it's hard for me to distinguish between PAWS and just being board or my hormone levels from month to month, of course that's a girl thing. I wonder since I am used to having such a fluctuation in the way I feel, especially around that "time of the month" that I may be use to having to deal with such differences.

I am glad you are enjoying this thread, my hope is that many people can find support in trying to get off subs and can lean on those of us who are in the thick of it and even those like you who have seen the light at the end of the tunnel and walked through it.
Thanks for posting!!:)

Hope everyone had a safe and happy 4th of July!!! It rained the whole time here, but still made the best of it!

I have taken a liking to IV'ing the strips. I know the subutex is better for that but its not available unless you go to the clinic and take the pill right in front of them.

I know a lot of people that shoot strips on a daily basis. Does it cause any serious health problems?

I have taken a liking to IV'ing the strips. I know the subutex is better for that but its not available unless you go to the clinic and take the pill right in front of them.

I know a lot of people that shoot strips on a daily basis. Does it cause any serious health problems?

I have almost no experience with shooting Subs and especially the strips. As a health professional I know that of course when you IV any drug, you always run the risk of infection and thrombus (blood clots). This risk goes up greatly the more you use this method. These are the same risks we run into every day, even in a hospital setting. Using a "sterile" technique will greatly reduce the risk of infection, but unless you are a trained professional in sterile technique and/or have all sterile equipment to begin with, it is still a risk you take every time you shoot up.

I did find some places online that discuss exactly what you are asking and you can find them here:

http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=167136

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/634365-shooting-suboxone-films

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/574359-Injecting-Suboxone-Films

Hope this helps!
Of course if anyone has any first hand accounts, please chime in!