• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Day 5 off of suboxone and to be honest it is not as bad as everyone says (SUBJECTIVE)

I will be updating after my first kratom dose tomorrow.

I too thought about doing this. I will give one word of caution, My boyfriend brought some kratom a year ago and did way to much like 10 grams and it was miserable for him. I have a good friend that uses kratom and switches between that and subs every couple months depending on what is available. She only takes a tablespoon daily, puts it in a small glass of water and then drinks it and she tells me that this works very well for her.

I quit suboxone a few days ago. I get stomach cramps, mad diarrhea and, sure, insomnia from pain, but it's really not so bad. I guess the dose really matters under these circumstances.

Most people complain about the overall length of suboxone withdrawal, especially the PAWS phase, not the actual severity of symptoms. It's a trade off really... with a drug like heroin, it is much more severe but it's only a couple weeks. Suboxone withdrawal is months.

Most people complain about the overall length of suboxone withdrawal, especially the PAWS phase, not the actual severity of symptoms. It's a trade off really... with a drug like heroin, it is much more severe but it's only a couple weeks. Suboxone withdrawal is months.

Yes I have heard this too, but I have also heard that some people don't go through PAWS and that with exercise this can greatly reduce the length of WD as well as lessen the chance and/or severity of having PAWS.

For me so far It all comes in waves, some mornings are good some not so good, one hour I will feel normal and then the next I feel very tiered. I will say that every time I exercise (3 days of exercise consecutive, 30 mins on treadmill) I first feel tired and then I get a huge boost of energy about an hour later and feel great for the rest of the day. Then the sun falls and I start to get tired and I am still having problems with sleeping.

One more thought, Every time I detox (twice now, once with oxy and now with subs) I always go on a raw diet. I swear by this!! It always helps my wd symptoms in the short term and the long term. By eating healthy it helps to rebuild those neurotransmitters that we so need to maintain energy and a happy state of mind. Now I know that a raw diet is a little to the extreme so if this does not work for you, just try eating as healthy as possible and you will notice a world of difference

One more thought, Every time I detox (twice now, once with oxy and now with subs) I always go on a raw diet. I swear by this!! It always helps my wd symptoms in the short term and the long term. By eating healthy it helps to rebuild those neurotransmitters that we so need to maintain energy and a happy state of mind. Now I know that a raw diet is a little to the extreme so if this does not work for you, just try eating as healthy as possible and you will notice a world of difference

Maybe that diet could be due to amino acids like L-Tyrosine helping your body out. Nutrition does surprisingly amazing things. Just so you know, detoxdiva, you can use the EDIT feature to integrate your posts so as to avoid consecutive posting.

Anyway, while I'm here. I just started on subs treatment 4 days ago and I started off 4mg and, as of today, I'm up to 16mg because the lower doses weren't working necessarily well. But before I went on the treatment I cut down my poppy seed tea use from 4-6kg a day to only 8-1.5kg a day, which is miniscule for my standards. The subs don't do anything but make me feel normal as of today, which is great; but does anybody think that my dose is too high, or does it reallynot matter considering it works quite well so far?

Great to hear that is wasn't too bad getting off 2mg, I'm about to do a quick taper over a week from 2mg to zero, thanks for the positive vibes,

To the above poster, If you're properly letting the sub disolve in your mouth then 16mg is way too much and will be much harder to get off than a lower dose. I'd quickly drop your dose to below a 8mgs, from what i've read you shouldn't experience any withdrawal since you've only been on subs for a short time.

Great to hear that is wasn't too bad getting off 2mg, I'm about to do a quick taper over a week from 2mg to zero, thanks for the positive vibes,

To the above poster, If you're properly letting the sub disolve in your mouth then 16mg is way too much and will be much harder to get off than a lower dose. I'd quickly drop your dose to below a 8mgs, from what i've read you shouldn't experience any withdrawal since you've only been on subs for a short time.

Thanks for your advice, but I'll still go through withdrawal. It's not as though I went on to this treatment plan for nothing - I've been continuously using opiates for a while now, and I have experienced some nasty withdrawals before. That's like telling me to switch from morphine to OC's and saying that I won't go into withdrawals because I've been on OC's for a day.

Bill clinton lol for real? I was actually loling loud when i read that. I'm so glad to hear ur story as i am on subs now after a 10 year iv heroin run. And yes i know what full blown w/ds feel like. I never knew it was possible to puke and shit at the same time for hours/days at a time. But im currently on 4mg sub a day and i only have 8 strips left and i thought i was SOL after reading all the stories of ppl going through horrible w/ds off .5mg a day! Hopefully i will be down to .5mg when these 8 are gone, but even if not at least from ur story i have hope i won't be going through hell and i thank you for that. I mean comming off even 1mg a day i cannot imagine it being nearly as bad as the h w/ds i been through, hope im right =)

hahaha you dont even know dude. suboxone WD doesnt suck because it is super intense like heroin or oxy, but the WD symptoms last 20-50 days!! seriously, if you have a serious mental addiction couple with having NO energy and NO passion or interest in doing anything not to mention debilitating boredome. it is a serious thing and while it might not have as much instantantious intesity, the feeling that things well never get better sucks the most.

suboxone withdrawal is no joke, you are lucky that you arent having a hard time; be thankful you are one of the few who dont experience insanity from suboxone withdrawal....oooorrrrr...... hell has yet to show its true nature. well we will seem in due time!!

immodium helps though

-laC

Last edited:
hahaha you dont even know dude. suboxone WD doesnt suck because it is super intense like heroin or oxy, but the WD symptoms last 20-50 days!! seriously, if you have a serious mental addiction couple with having NO energy and NO passion or interest in doing anything not to mention debilitating boredome. it is a serious thing and while it might not have as much instantantious intesity, the feeling that things well never get better sucks the most.

suboxone withdrawal is no joke, you are lucky that you arent having a hard time; be thankful you are one of the few who dont experience insanity from suboxone withdrawal....oooorrrrr...... hell has yet to show its true nature. well we will seem in due time!!

immodium helps though

-laC

20-50 days? Sure maybe for PAWS but you rarely hear of people going through physical wds for more than 14 days. Sure you might not get 8 hours of sleep after 14 days but you make it sound like your gong to be in complete pain and agony for months after stopping. Some people start to feel completely normal after 4 or 5 days, but of course those are the ones that tapered properly.

i was in physical WD for 24 days. then i got more subutex.

also have no energy and being so tired that you dont want to move off the couch is PHYSICAL. not being able to sleep night sweats, and sweating in general, is PHYSICAL.

No shit thats physical wds but 24 days is a long time brotha especially if you tapered properly. How long and how much tex were you taking? And when you made the jump what was your dose at? Everyone acts different to bupe, never in my life have i seen a drug that varies from person to person as bupe does

Bill clinton lol for real? I was actually loling loud when i read that. I'm so glad to hear ur story as i am on subs now after a 10 year iv heroin run. And yes i know what full blown w/ds feel like. I never knew it was possible to puke and shit at the same time for hours/days at a time. But im currently on 4mg sub a day and i only have 8 strips left and i thought i was SOL after reading all the stories of ppl going through horrible w/ds off .5mg a day! Hopefully i will be down to .5mg when these 8 are gone, but even if not at least from ur story i have hope i won't be going through hell and i thank you for that. I mean comming off even 1mg a day i cannot imagine it being nearly as bad as the h w/ds i been through, hope im right =)

haha SHIT AND PUKE AT SAME TIME!! I know all about that, not from subs, but from oxy and H WD's! Yeah that dream was unreal, I have been having the craziest dreams ever! You will hear that people have a hard time from Sub WD, everyone is different. I can tell you the best advice anyone gave me was to exercise, even if you have to drag yourself outside, just do a short 20 min walk try to push yourself and sweat a little, you will be so surprised how much it helps! It really helps to have some good tunes that you like and just do it! eating right is key as well, use the Imodium and vitamins and drink as much water as you can a day. I was on sub for over 2 years and jumped from 2mg which most don't do, but I was just sick of Sub, to this day I can't eat anything that has an orange flavor. I know everyone says this but it's largely mental, If you lay in bed all day and think ohhhhh this is so bad, well then guess what....it's going to be bad. But if you get up and ride the wave so to speak and stay positive and remember that after day 5 or 6 it's usually all down hill and at this point you can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I really think if you have been though full blown oxy or H WD you will think that Sub WD is a joke! It does last a little longer but damn, it's not that bad! I hope you have the same experience, good luck to you

UPDATE: Day 8, last night I had one of the worst nights sleeping, up every 2 hours! With that said yesterday my energy during the day was through the roof, I actually got out of the house and did some shopping and went to visit friends, yay! Last night I figured something out, with me I have RLS but just in one leg, so weird but just enough to be extremely annoying. I thought to myself what might help and found my compression stockings, nurses use these, they go up to your knee and are just really tight socks. When nurses work 12 hour shifts it helps circulation. You can get them at a uniform store or an ace bandage will do the same, just don't tie it so tight that you cut off circulation. I put both of the compression stockings on one leg and it took the RLS out of that leg. I have no idea why, but last night I was desperate to try anything! I also used my heating pad on that leg and was finally able to fall asleep.

Oh one last thing, I heard that when you have no energy 5 hour energy shot can do wonders. It's mostly B vitamins and of course caffeine, well I broke down and brought one because what the hell can't hurt right? I hate to say this but it really helped! I am usually very much against Red Bull or things like that but if you have to go to work or have something that you just have to do and have no energy I highly suggest getting one. Be warned though If you have anxiety with WD, Which I have had little to none, but it you do, you may not want to try this.

Last edited:
Im at day 7. MUCH better than the last 2 days... days 4, 5,and 6 were the worst... by far...

Today etizolam and kratom arrives to aid me..

Im at day 7. MUCH better than the last 2 days... days 4, 5,and 6 were the worst... by far...

Today etizolam and kratom arrives to aid me..

Are you 7 days without anything, I know in an earlier post you said you were doing some oxy, just a little for the first few days when getting off subs. I only mention this bc If you are at day 7 and are feeling good you may just want to ride it out. I have never heard of etizolam, going to look that up now. I wish the best of luck to you either way. I am a true believer that there is more then one way to do this, so I welcome the updates of what has worked for you!

Yes this is great advice, I only needed 2mg a day which was a fourth of a strip if it's a 8mg strip and felt more than normal, it would actually get me kinda high with lot's of energy and that's why I think it took me so long to get off subs (2+ years), I loved the energy it gave me!!

Are you 7 days without anything, I know in an earlier post you said you were doing some oxy, just a little for the first few days when getting off subs. I only mention this bc If you are at day 7 and are feeling good you may just want to ride it out. I have never heard of etizolam, going to look that up now. I wish the best of luck to you either way. I am a true believer that there is more then one way to do this, so I welcome the updates of what has worked for you!

day 7 without subs... day two without anything... (the other days i was using 2.5-15 mgs of oxy each day.. only enough to help with the tremendous back/leg pain.)