• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Day 2. A lot crappier

sonicwhite

Bluelighter
Ok I?m day to on no gabapentin. I can never stick with the weaning schedule so I hade to cold turkey it.

I have anxiety, hot and cold flashes, nightmares. Sweats and headaches.

If there is anyone who had to cold turkey gabapentin and want to share how they just stuck it out and got through it I would greatly appreciate it.

haven't CT gabapentin, but have CT high levels of benzos and opioids at the same time. I've gone through drug induced psychosis and seizures along with all the other fun stuff that comes along the way, stuff just like you mention.

comfort meds can help- but if you're like me having any drug around can be problematic. Advil/Tylenol might help with the headaches. For hot/cold flashes I would take a lot of showers and crank the ac then bundle up/unbundle constantly. It's annoying but atleast you can have momentary comfort that way.

Talking to other people can have a grounding effect, kind of helping to center you and your racing thoughts. Distraction is key... it's going to be pretty hard to actively focus on anything enough to really take your mind off the matter so it's much easier to just distract yourself with things like imgur/reddit, Netflix, youtube, podcasts- things that don't take a ton of effort to consume. Reading and such may be a difficult and frustrating. Hanging out with small groups of people who understand what is going on can help too if it doesn't make you too anxious. I would encourage to maintain contact with at least one or two close friends through the process and let them know what's happening if yo haven't already.

It?s nothing like benzo withdrawals that?s for sure. Insomnia is really hard at night.

When I can?t sleep that prevents me from feeling better.

toward the end of IV buprenorphine use, I gave up on tapering too just so I could enjoy "The last high" :|

I was a lot better with tapering many years ago, sadly. I just had to cold turkey too

No shame in that. Congrats on the progress, you can do it!

I'm still trying to detox from alcohol. I have to break this cycle by tomorrow. Situation is critical. I don't have the hot and cold flashes, I mostly just feel freezing but yet sweat buckets. The insomnia is brutal too. If you have access to any sedating antidepressants like trazodone, Rememeron or doxepin, that can help. Propranolol used to make me sleepy but it's lost that effect but it does help with tachycardia and general shakiness. And there's always OTC sedatives like Benadryl.