View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dangers of Xanax before psychedelics?

number22

Bluelighter
I recently took 1mg of Xanax, blacked out, and then my blacked out self thought it would be a good idea to make shroom tea with 3.5grams of shrooms.
All I really remember is coming conscious at the peak not knowing what was happening or remember drinking the tea.

it’s a shame a good 3-4 hours of my experience was gone but one thing I remember is the feeling of blacked out and tripping that hard was kinda similar to ketamine

so I’m wondering if I’d be able to recreate that feeling with a lower dose of xans. Just don’t wanna be blacked out and want to remember my experience 😂

my only concern is if there’s any dangers with this? Also any one try this? What dosages does each?

They're good to have around in case you have bad trips, yeah. Take very little, you will waste your acid

If you have such low tolerance to benzos I would avoid them completely. Personally, I usually always take some benzos before a trip to smooth the come up. For bad trips however, even seroquels don't even work on me to abandon a trip : / But my brain reacts sometimes different , probably from certain brain damage. But somehow my IQ has been tested and is still above average. With insight as my highest score, lol.

^ Agree, If 1mg of xanax makes you black out, I would also suggest to avoid benzos entirely... or at the very least, try a less potent benzo, and a much lower dose. Maybe a few mg of diazepam, typically a fairly safe, and well studied option, start with 1-2mg and see if you're OK. However IMO it sounds fairly pointless, benzos and psychedelics are not, IMO, very similar to ketamine at all, and if you didn't remember the experience at all besides this, what's the point? Benzos are good to have around as safety nets or to soften come up anxiety or just general anxiety depending on your personality and personal drug taking preferences, but other than that, they're not going to add anything special to the psychedelic experience and in fact will usually detract from it.