• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Damaged vein

bomber

Bluelighter
It's been very long since I last took a shot, propably more than 3 years. Tho back then I destroyed a vein in an attempt to shoot, the one that is usually visible between the wrist and the bysep, on my left arm..
I thought damaged veins were supposed to repaire their selves eventually, but this didn't happen with that one, not visibly that is.
Anyone has any experience about the topic?
What happened to your damaged veins once you gave them a break?
Also if someone happens to work out I'm interested in the impact of a damaged vein to the muscle it was related to.

Last edited:
Hey Bomber,

When you say you damaged your vein, what type of damage are we talking here? Did you blow the vein, has it collapsed?

My main vein in my left arm is so torn up with scar tissue that it is not able to be hit, however the vein is still viable. Sometimes it is hard to know exactly what is going on under the surface.

A collapsed vein may never be usable again. When a vein has collapsed, blood still flows to some degree, just very slowly. The most important factor for vein health is consistent hydration.

Hi.That vein is not visible at all anymore, I don't remember what happened to it back then though. The same vein on my right arm is very visible however.

Hi.That vein is not visible at all anymore, I don't remember what happened to it back then though. The same vein on my right arm is very visible however.
You may have very well collapsed the vein.

Your body will make smaller, secondary veins to help the body compensate. For some people, this is enough to have normal function and circulation and for some it is not. If you don't seem to have any unusual coldness or numbness in your fingers or hands, I'd say it probably wouldn't affect your muscles during weight lifting