• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Dad killed drug pusher to save addict daughter (Updated 4/12/07)

twoci said:
I'd vote second degree murder. While it may have been premeditated, I think it was very much a crime of passion. If some fuckwad got my daughter addicted to morphine, I'd have no problem putting a bullet in his leg as a last resort, not sure I'd kill him though.
you mean to say,

'if my daughter got herself addicted to morphine, i'd have no problem putting a bullet into a dealer's leg'

or adjusted for context,

'if my daughter got herself addicted to cigarettes, i'd have no problem putting a bullet into the dude who works at the gas station'

Man thats fucked her boy would of prolly gone to prison for longer if he got caught dealing morphine

Personally I'm glad that he shot the lowlife motherf%#!kin scumsuckin sonofabitch down... but I live down here in Texas so what do I know?? ;p

Not fucking shit. Morphine addicition is a very bad thing, but its not certain death. She may be 16 and very naive and morphine is very addictive. But no one deserves to die for allowing her to take morphine if she wishes.Morphine is always there and always will be. People will always take that path. Her actions, while tragic, don't deserve vigilante murders.

What about the guy that got the boyfriend on morphine. Was it a doctor? Lets kill him too, mob and pitchfork style.

This is sick...

Really.
And the fact that it's openly discussed as POTENTIALLY being acceptable for a father to kill his daughter's boyfriend in front of her for ANY reason (... well... rape, with a knife in his hand, held to the daughter's throat with blood dripping from the point of the knife, MAYBE....) is just... wrong.

Meeting with your daughter at lunch 2-3 times a week to convince her to come home?

She was 16.
Get a grip.
Really?

The police weren't helpful?
So what?

MINOR daughter...
Your problem.

Drug dealer she's out @#$^ing?
She's a minor. YOUR problem.
Stat rape charges anyone?

What drove her to do drugs in the first place?
Your lack of caring?
Your lack of interest in her life?
Maybe she was just rebelling to get your attention.

Idiots.

I wonder if some juror will talk about the horrible tragedy resulting from a heroin overdose in the family, and then it will be Poor Deprived Family Member vs. Heartless Drug Pusher (or, translated: irrational, deprived family member vs. juror with the sense to see past this).

Just a thought. Probably unlikely, but who knows.

archduke said:
I wonder if some juror will talk about the horrible tragedy resulting from a heroin overdose in the family, and then it will be Poor Deprived Family Member vs. Heartless Drug Pusher (or, translated: irrational, deprived family member vs. juror with the sense to see past this).

Just a thought. Probably unlikely, but who knows.

Not following on this...

Not to say that dealers are innocent, but the responsibility for drug use (and especially mis-use) is on the person taking the drugs.

A decent dealer will help you learn your limits if you ask them.
They'll answer your questions before handing you what you're asking for.

Sure... there are some bad dealers...
But ultimately it comes down to the users.

If it's your first time, you don't know ANYTHING about a drug, and you take it in whatever dose you're given, sometimes choosing to go all out because... hey, if I'm gonna do it, I better do it right!
Then you deserve what's coming to you.

Is this the fault of the dealer?
It depends...
If they know it's the person's first time, they don't inform them of the potential risks (especially OD risks...), and send them on their way after taking their money, then yes...
They're partially responsible.

However, how many clients come up to a dealer and say, "It's my first time!"
Any? Really?
Because if it's your first time, you're suspicious...
And if you're suspicious, chances are you're not getting the drugs you're trying to get.

So who's to blame for the kids not asking their dealers for some free information with their purchase?
Who's to blame for not having warning labels on illegal drugs?
It's not the dealer's fault.
It's not the buyer's fault.

It's the government's fault for promoting fear, making these kinds of questions more dangerous than the drugs themselves, and propagating ignorance.

It's really easy to place blame on anyone you want.
You've still got to ask, who's really at fault for taking the drugs though - the dealer or the person that agreed to take the drugs?

Unless someone dies from an overdose of GHB someone slipped into their drink, I don't think it's the fault of the supplier. (In this case, the bastard drugging their date.)

The guy at the gun shop isn't guilty of murder because they sold the gun. The gun manufacturer isn't guilty for making the gun.
The person pulling the trigger is guilty.

Why is the person selling a drug guilty of murder if the person they sold the drugs to decided to use/misuse them?

And... slightly more on topic...
If your MINOR child is doing drugs and you know about it... AND you don't approve of it...
WHY would you let them leave the house with their friends IMMEDIATELY after getting out of a 3 day rehab clinic?

You can't blame the boyfriend for your own stupidity.
And you're the one that pulled the trigger.
You're still guilty.

Saving your daughter's life?
Please.

If you cared about your daughter at all you would have grounded her when you found out she was doing drugs.

It doesn't say she snuck out with her friends...
It says she left with them - implying your consent.

It's all on you.
Sorry.

^^ If you look at prescription drugs:

the pusher "aka doctor writing the script"
and the dealer "aka pharmacist dispensing the meds"

So if the doc writes you the script for QTY 30 of powerful pain killer and you take all 30 and kill yourself , is the pusher and the dealer responsible for your death ? Of course not.

Oh, I was just saying that drug-users and those that offer some sense in forming opinions about them are often demonized by society at large...and thus, it's possible that the jury will be slanted in favor of the father.

Kastr0 said:
The dealer wanted to push, so he took one of the consequences with it.

Thats a pretty heavy consequence. I mean, homicide obviously occurs in the drug game, but being shot by your girlfriends father? Unpredictable!

So, the guy cannot apply for parole for 10 years. Now look at Casey Hardison who was convicted of making LSD. He got 20 years so it will be almost 14 years before he can be considered...