• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

CWE -- Water Used

Absolutely fine. The solubility of paracetamol in water at 20?C is 14mg/ml and the colder the water the less soluble it is. Therefore it's impossible to overdose on the paracetamol with that volume of water. Conversely, the solubility of codeine in water is about 250mg/ml. The point of using very cold water is to ensure the codeine has chance to dissolve before the paracetamol.

Absolutely fine. The solubility of paracetamol in water at 20?C is 14mg/ml and the colder the water the less soluble it is. Therefore it's impossible to overdose on the paracetamol with that volume of water. Conversely, the solubility of codeine in water is about 250mg/ml. The point of using very cold water is to ensure the codeine has chance to dissolve before the paracetamol.

Thanks for that. I don't crush my pills; rather, I put them in a cup of cold water and let them dissolve. Once dissolved, I put the cup in the freezer until it reaches near-freezing point. Then I put it through a coffee filter in a separate cup.

I never use that method as I'm too impatient. How long does it take for the tablets to dissolve? Do you also pre-wet the filter to prevent loss of product?

I never use that method as I'm too impatient. How long does it take for the tablets to dissolve? Do you also pre-wet the filter to prevent loss of product?

It takes roughly 30 minutes for the tablets to fully dissolve. And yes, I ALWAYS pre-wet my filters to ensure I get the maximum amount of codeine extracted.