• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction CWE: Filter Getting Clogged

Survival0200

Bluelighter
When doing CWE, how do you guys deal with the fact, that the filter gets clogged of all the acetaminophen at some point, and then the liquid stops from flowing? :rolleyes:

Lab filters work better than coffee filters, but perhaps try splitting your mixture over different filters?

Personally use kitchen towel (5 layers), honestly get a way clearer end product, filters about twice as fast, doesnt clog and is strong enough that you can squeeze the remaining liquid out of the sludge without letting through more APAP and without it splitting

Coffee filters are garbage and in my experience are barely usable

That is what always happens with CWE (at least to me). Even If It seems to be clogged It will come through drop by drop. It's annoying AF but there's not much you can do about it If you've already started the filtration. Patience my friend, patience.

To avoid clogging the filter you need to allow the suspension to settle out in the fridge overnight, then use an oral syringe to draw off the clear water and codeine solution on top, taking care not to disturb the sludge at the bottom of the vessel which consists of apap and fillers.

If you wish, you can then filter this solution again, but personally I wouldn't bother as you lose even more product in the filtering process. Patience is key with CWEs - a virtue I'm sadly lacking which is why I have my own 5 minute method... ;)

To avoid clogging the filter you need to allow the suspension to settle out in the fridge overnight, then use an oral syringe to draw off the clear water and codeine solution on top, taking care not to disturb the sludge at the bottom of the vessel which consists of apap and fillers.

If you wish, you can then filter this solution again, but personally I wouldn't bother as you lose even more product in the filtering process. Patience is key with CWEs - a virtue I'm sadly lacking which is why I have my own 5 minute method... ;)
Tbh I've found drawing off with a syringe doesn't work too well as the suction just disturbs the mixture and causes it to remix to a large extent but I'm probably just not very precise lol

I've always used a white-tee shirt when doing a CWE. run the solution through both front and back sides of the shirt. Then you can use your hands and squeeze any juice out of whatever remains. Won't have to worry much about the shirt busting (unless you are CWE a huge amount).