• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cutting OxyContin equally

gmlifer

Bluelighter
I have an OP 60 that I am going to cut in to 6 equal sections.

My question is will each section have 10mg. I know it should but I'm curious if the oxy is spread exactly evenly throughout the entire pill or is it possible for one portion of the pill to have more of the drug than another.

yes, it is equally spread inside the pill, moreover if you dissolve it in water the oxy will also dissolve homogeneously in it

With the new poly ethylene oxide excipient in the OP's that 10 mg will take 9 hours to release even though you cut the original pill up. You would almost need to grind it up into granules and even then it might take 3-4 hours to fully "melt".

With the new poly ethylene oxide excipient in the OP's that 10 mg will take 9 hours to release even though you cut the original pill up. You would almost need to grind it up into granules and even then it might take 3-4 hours to fully "melt".

You know how an addicts mind works bro. I've only had 120mg today so I'll be cool if I take this little sliver right here. Also, it's most likely in my head but I feel like the onset is faster if I chew/grind the pill then swallow.