• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Currently doing accelerated detox

NorwegianElkhound

Bluelighter
I've been using this experimental new detox method to get off at a fancy doctors office, luckily I have good insurAnce.

I usually fell like shit but they Are pumping me full of 20mg valium every 4 hours so I can type this. (Took a dose 10mg orally 10 sublingually about 20-30 minutes ago)

I'm on probation and can't leave the state, no other rehab would touch me because I've been using methadone (180mg in one day once) this is the only place that would take me

They inject tiny doses of naltrexone in you every day, the first few hours aftewerwards are hell but weed and the valium they give you help

I'm so glad I'm done with this lifestyle. I've lost a hell of a lot and made some enemies. It's time for a change

I should say that I've been using fentalogues mostly, not heroin. I am also on day 4 of detox, I'm over the hump now, just had some valium, and the worst part of the he say is over

So no taper of any kind? Just detox meds and diazepam? I’ve heard of the naltrexone method you’re speaking of. If you’re feeling ok at day 4 then I’d say you’re good if you haven’t taken any opioids since then. Were you on methadone maintenance? If so, what was your dose? I’ve been through it numerous times, but never with naltrexone. Currently on day 3 and on a small Suboxone taper.

So no taper of any kind? Just detox meds and diazepam? I’ve heard of the naltrexone method you’re speaking of. If you’re feeling ok at day 4 then I’d say you’re good if you haven’t taken any opioids since then. Were you on methadone maintenance? If so, what was your dose? I’ve been through it numerous times, but never with naltrexone. Currently on day 3 and on a small Suboxone taper.
Yep, no taper. I was not a clinic patient, I was buying takehomes that were 90mg each, drinking them about twice a week until I went over borard by drinking both bottles that day lol

Wait, so you weren’t dosing every day? So what exactly are you kicking? The fent?

I've been kicking dope with a kratom wean, and it seems to be working really well so far. I wasn't doing that much dope, so that may have something to do with how well it's been working, but IME if you aren't using everyday, kicking wont be too difficult, also the benzos to me are pretty awesome at keeping a hard kick at bay. I won't lie, I don't know what fentalogues are, or how hard they are to kick. But it sounds like the Dr told you the worst is over. NOW the hard part starts. Finally feeling good without dope usually makes me want to run right back to it for some reason. DON'T DO IT!! Learn from the experience and move on. Also, I am a big believer in kratom, I think it's great to keep harm reduction strong for opiate addicts. Good luck dude, you can do this.
Fentalogues are different various of fentanyl, in a powder like heroin. Very unpredictable. Heroin is very rare around here these days. I actually came across some right before this lol

He is doing that rapid detox.

I know a dude that did it from 180mg (taken daily for years) and he said he woke up feeling ravaged by god. Of course back to the clinic less than 2 weeks later. He is still on methadone today and not really doing so well (not related to the rapid detox, but he despises that).

When it comes to a habit. There is a very important data point that is usually never mentioned -

LENGTH

180mg for a month? Sure. 180mg for 5 years? No way in hell.

A 6 month dope binge? Sure. 10 years of oxy, then 5 months dope, then 3 years methadone. No way..they would probably die.

I guess that is the original version. They have an updated version which sounds like a bunch of nonsense for a long term habit as well. Would not recommend this to my worst enemy.

Goes to get clean and dies during this heh. These are all businesses at the core out for profit. The way to get clean is get on methadone or subs and taper. Or cold turkey if you have a short habit.
The Coleman institute is where I'm going right now

I agree with you dude. I think trying to make the detox faster doesn't really get the point across to the person that "hey, you may not want to go through this again".
Don't get me wrong, there are times that I kick and as soon as I feel better I want to score because, you know, you finally feel good. But at this exact moment in time, I'm using this forum because I'm kick a relatively small dope habit with a kratom wean, which I've never done before, and it seems to be working, but I don't know shit about kratom.
I do know about kicking, going through hell just to relapse, making serious heartfelt efforts just to fuck it all up again, ODs, toxic using relationships. All of it. The rapid detox thing really scares me. There are alot of things to it that just seem to defeat the whole purpose of it. I don't know. I'm not trying to downplay anyone's struggle. I'm proud of anyone for any moves they make toward getting clean. And I totally understand the appeal. I just really am in a sensitive spot, and feel for the struggle right now you know?
It's all I could do with the circumstances. I needed a place fast

Shit i didn’t even realize this was that kind of a rapid detox. I thought that involved inpatient setting and that they knock you out for a few days. Not heard great things about that method in particular. Good luck anyway!

So what I wonder when I read this new method is the naltrexone. How do you feel when you get this shots? now that you are detoxed. Yeah pumping you up benzos gonna float you nicely if no tolerance. Even with a bit, a nice amount. They are going beast mode on the benzos. Curious if you give your total length of habit? And keep us updated on your progress, how you feel, what they keep you taking, etc. Glad you are feeling over the hump.
I wont know until about 10-11am. But so far from that time until I get my meds at 4 is pure misery unless I can smoke weed. I'm talking suicidal type shit. Then I calm down towards the end of the day

Hang tight.

They let you smoke weed there? Yes, with valium and weed you are probably feeling nice. Benzos take away like so much of opiate withdrawal its not even funny. Never had the luxury of having that dose, though. :)

When bars came out, eating a full bar when sick we what we did. Would literally cure 90% and smoke some bud. Then get our dope and get rocked. Bars changed the whole game since they were so cheap and easy to get.

I would imagine the shot would feel nothing from. But who knows. You appear to be the 1st here :) Also curious if you feel a decrease in weed or the valium. Or an increase.

Take care!
Sorry dude im so high on weed and valium I forgot to answer your other question lol. But I've been physically dependent for a yead or more. Did Suboxone for a while and started getting into dope and methadone real bad. I had just recently started shooting up Everytime, we're talking about shit that would kill 10 average people

Besides I have a support person that controls my meds and he probably won't give me 20mg in the morning, just 10 but 20 at 4 and at night if I turn my junkie manipulation skills on hahahaha

How old are you roughly if you don’t mind me asking? Sounds like you’ve not been using for too long relatively speaking. Just wondering because as you get older in age plus just the length of time you’ve been using cumulatively, and how many times you’ve kicked before, all have bearing on the length/intensity. Hope you’re still doing well. Merry Christmas!

@TheInvisibleStoner s o today was bad. I couldnt sleep all night, went in feelinf relatively fine, and after the injection eventually passed out and woke up on the couch in a super sick nightmare state. Valium causes a dreamstate, this is like a nightmare state. No sweating or vomiting but very intense. Until u take detoxt meds and weed. I convinced my doctor to take my 20 Diaz early because it's Christmas ans i hate my family lol
How old are you roughly if you don’t mind me asking? Sounds like you’ve not been using for too long relatively speaking. Just wondering because as you get older in age plus just the length of time you’ve been using cumulatively, and how many times you’ve kicked before, all have bearing on the length/intensity. Hope you’re still doing well. Merry Christmas!
I just turned 26, this is the first time I've really kicked

Last edited:
Ok so you’re about my age then. Ya I’m still young, but kicks are so much worse now than they used to be. And it doesn’t take long to catch a habit anymore either. I hope you make this your first and last. Remember this too shall pass and every time you get high you have to start over. I hope you feel better soon man.

Ok so you’re about my age then. Ya I’m still young, but kicks are so much worse now than they used to be. And it doesn’t take long to catch a habit anymore either. I hope you make this your first and last. Remember this too shall pass and every time you get high you have to start over. I hope you feel better soon man.
I honestly still have reservations honestly. I'm getting some crizzack later lol

You are out of the detox procedure? I guess they don't hold you long after?

How do you feel?

Yeah man fuck the opiates. Would imagine you are feeling better by the day now.
Today was relatively great. The doctor commented on my improved appearance (the first few days I hadn't showered or changed clothes in a while )and progress.. After the sho t I feel asleep in the car and woke up feeling relatively fine around noon. Doc continues the valium earlier at 2:30 and it helps especially with the weed. So so far so good