Staff Feedback Current member robots??

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're a very normal feature to most web based forums like this. There are ways to bypass but the people who program them create workarounds and so on. We get just several a day and have a ton of dedicated staff so it's easy enough to handle without custom coding the forums repetively.

They also have longtime commonly appeared to me to colloque in a Chinese fashion IME here & elsewhere.

483793.jpg

I like that bluelight does the moderation manually. Tried to post on reddit a couple of times and half of my posts got instantly deleted by a bot. Not exactly welcoming.
I have this same issue with Reddit. They want you to jump through hoops in order to be able to post. Maybe because of the struggle of trying to keep up with moderation of content, but still.

I like that bluelight does the moderation manually. Tried to post on reddit a couple of times and half of my posts got instantly deleted by a bot. Not exactly welcoming.

Can depend on your IP though. For some reason the firewall hates me. But then maybe it's cleverer than I realize :unsure:;)

Yes. Here I'll make the awkward confession that I'm a Reddit refugee. This makes the second time. This is a warm and lovely forum.

I have this same issue with Reddit. They want you to jump through hoops in order to be able to post. Maybe because of the struggle of trying to keep up with moderation of content, but still.

I like your perspective. And I hate to nitpick, but I think it goes further than that. I think that the people moderating this board enjoy discourse. Enjoy reading posts and enjoy babysitting and trip sitting their wards here.

...whereas your average Reddit moderator I think secretly pines for a day off, but isn't smart enough to take one. They're perhaps unhappy in their own skin. ....they secretly wish to just shut it all down. No?

Yes. Here I'll make the awkward confession that I'm a Reddit refugee. This makes the second time. This is a warm and lovely forum.

I like your perspective. And I hate to nitpick, but I think it goes further than that. I think that the people moderating this board enjoy discourse. Enjoy reading posts and enjoy babysitting and trip sitting their wards here.

...whereas your average Reddit moderator I think secretly pines for a day off, but isn't smart enough to take one. They're perhaps unhappy in their own skin. ....they secretly wish to just shut it all down. No?
small communities of reddit are quite good and welcoming,
by small I mean less than 100-75k members.
the best are the freaky subs with a single guy/gal posting his/her personal neurotic ideas. Those are very interesting. :p:sneaky::alien:
But well, I prefer to be here than there, I use it and post in very specific subs, tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.