• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Current diet pills

Rickpatmanbate

Greenlighter
What are the best current pills? Ephedrine is hard to find?
(First post sorry if i messed something up)

In the U.S. ephedrine is still available over the counter as a decongestant I believe. As a diet aid, it's fallen out of favor due to people getting cardiovascular problems. They have other drugs for weight loss such as phentermine, phendimetrazine and Belviq but they are prescription-only. You may want to ask your doctor what's best for you. (Homeless ------- > BDD)

Actually I think ephedrine is illegal, or at least it is in most states due to the easy conversion to meth. Some products contain pseudoephedrine but it's usually limited in sale and not the same.

Over the counter, the hydroxycut in a silver bottle are pretty potent and will get you reved up. Don't know what's on them and probably hasn't been tested that well for safety. Any stimulant isn't real great for your body over time. So be safe with them. I wish ephedrine was still around. Nothing like that hair growing feeling and thinking your superman. Guess they called it truck driver crack for a reason.

Ephedrine is still available combined with guiafenesin available to buy just as you would pseudoephedrine.

OTC aids are mostly combos of herbs, vitamins, and amino acids that arent very effective (maybe EGCG from green tea is ok) and not fun at all like ephedra. I believe orlistat is still available OTC (Alli) and by rx (Xenical) but have pretty nasty GI side effects.

Other rx ones include Contrave (buproprion/naltrexone), Qsymia (phentermine/topiramate) and the little used Didrex (benzphetamine). Oh and the new racemic amp, Evekeo is indicated for weight loss. Probably missing some oddballs but cant remember.

Forskolin works really well. Primatene, huh. I didn't know that you could still get ephedrine. That's interesting to know. Prescription wise there is diethylpropion, a relative a bupropion. 5-HTP is supposed to work alright, through the same mechanism as Belviq: activation of the 5ht2c receptor, albeit one is indirect and the other directly (belqviq.)

I would like to know what products still contain epherdrine?

They sure pulled them from everywhere else and I remember when it happened and it couldn't be found anywhere. Maybe it's just down here in the south that I can't find it.

A prescription drug called primatene has ephedrine in it. It comes in an injectable solution and capsules. That's probably about it.

At least in Wa. State , OTC ephedrine is " bronkaid " ..... I believe 25mg. / 300mg. guifatessin (sp.)
Always keep a box around ; )