• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

CT off Morphine with Kratom help

MszHeather

Greenlighter
Hi everyone I don’t believe I’ve ever actually posted in here but I have used blue light for the better part of 10 years or so. Anyway I come here looking for advice today. I searched through threads but nothing was close enough to what I needed. I just want some advice to get through a detox. I’ll give a background and then also tell you what I have to help symptoms.
This is going to be long so TIA!

So I’m 31 and have used many different drugs from age 19, became dependent on opiates at 21. I got clean when I found out I was pregnant at 26 and I stayed clean for about 2 years. The past 3 years I’ve been struggling on and off with my addiction and for the past probably year or so I’ve been pretty steadily taking an average of 100mg morphine per day. I do iv often not always and yes I know how horrible this is so that is why I want this to stop. I want my life back!
I have medical marijuana (I have my card so I have a tolerance) , Green Vein Mang da Kratom 600mg capsules, gabapentin (my own script so I have a tolerance), vistaril (again my own script so I have a tolerance)
And I also do have some vitamins/supplements that I purchased for detox purposes in the past such as L-Theanine, 5-HTP, St. John’s wart, and tumeric most of these I got from the “Thomas Recipe” except tumeric which I use for my pain.
I just need some experiences and what to expect going cold turkey onto Kratom and possibly if anyone has experiences with other things I mentioned. I’ve only detoxed fully with Tramadol or subs. Kratom is new for me and I’m someone who cannot handle bad tastes so I have to opt for pills. Any advice on Kratom dosage as well as how much gaba and vistaril I should take is appreciated. My last 1/4 piece of a 100mg morphine was taken by IV about 36 hours ago. I’ve kinda been just popping a few Kratom at a time so I don’t throw up I’ve taken about 10 pills throughout the day and I was able to ride a bike and do things fairly normally. My face feels flush but I’m not sure if this is withdrawal or Kratom side effects? It also should be noted my most hated symptom is restless leg! Am I going to still suffer from this taking Kratom? Usually I feel very restless by 36 hours but so far no. I do have bengay and Vick’s for my RLS. Both work great for me if needed. And I have Imodium if needed... thanks again for any recommendations or experiences with this!

Hi everyone I don’t believe I’ve ever actually posted in here but I have used blue light for the better part of 10 years or so. Anyway I come here looking for advice today. I searched through threads but nothing was close enough to what I needed. I just want some advice to get through a detox. I’ll give a background and then also tell you what I have to help symptoms.
This is going to be long so TIA!

So I’m 31 and have used many different drugs from age 19, became dependent on opiates at 21. I got clean when I found out I was pregnant at 26 and I stayed clean for about 2 years. The past 3 years I’ve been struggling on and off with my addiction and for the past probably year or so I’ve been pretty steadily taking an average of 100mg morphine per day. I do iv often not always and yes I know how horrible this is so that is why I want this to stop. I want my life back!
I have medical marijuana (I have my card so I have a tolerance) , Green Vein Mang da Kratom 600mg capsules, gabapentin (my own script so I have a tolerance), vistaril (again my own script so I have a tolerance)
And I also do have some vitamins/supplements that I purchased for detox purposes in the past such as L-Theanine, 5-HTP, St. John’s wart, and tumeric most of these I got from the “Thomas Recipe” except tumeric which I use for my pain.
I just need some experiences and what to expect going cold turkey onto Kratom and possibly if anyone has experiences with other things I mentioned. I’ve only detoxed fully with Tramadol or subs. Kratom is new for me and I’m someone who cannot handle bad tastes so I have to opt for pills. Any advice on Kratom dosage as well as how much gaba and vistaril I should take is appreciated. My last 1/4 piece of a 100mg morphine was taken by IV about 36 hours ago. I’ve kinda been just popping a few Kratom at a time so I don’t throw up I’ve taken about 10 pills throughout the day and I was able to ride a bike and do things fairly normally. My face feels flush but I’m not sure if this is withdrawal or Kratom side effects? It also should be noted my most hated symptom is restless leg! Am I going to still suffer from this taking Kratom? Usually I feel very restless by 36 hours but so far no. I do have bengay and Vick’s for my RLS. Both work great for me if needed. And I have Imodium if needed... thanks again for any recommendations or experiences with this!
Well you sound fairly prepared. For getting off opiates, specifically, (and I had a high dose for years),

FIRST: I'm not clear about whether YOU CAN get RXs, but IF YOU CAN, then get some or all of the following 4: #1 clonidine for the early days of withdrawals and help with sleep, and in lieu of that -almost a tie really, I'd take Lyrica. Both help with pain and cravings, with #3 gabapentin. Clonidine counters high blood pressure too, so if you were to be pregnant and in withdrawal, they'd put you on it (ask me how I know). But clonidine also makes you drowsy (yes, there are upsides to that). 4th -I'd get xanax or a longer acting benzo to cope with the anxiety that starts peaking in withdrawals, plus benzos can help with sleep problems -(AND might possibly addressing the RLS). Vistaril helps with anxiety, sleep problems and nausea (as well as being handy in case

IF YOU CANNOT GET ANY RXs, and are all on your own, you still have your kratom & medical pot, immodium (which I needed a lot of for weeks) and the gabapentin you have will be hugely important.

As for pain, you have some Tramadol, and you can take ibuprofen with it. Tramadol might help you more later when you begin to lose hope or have "PAWS" (post acute withdrawals syndrome) because Tramadol works on our dopamine areas of the brain and can "perk us up" a bit on those very rough emotional days when you think you'll never be happy again. **PAWS was harder for me than acute withdrawal. (But don't believe the lie. You WILL laugh and love and be happy again).
So IF you can hold off on taking tramadol awhile (or because your supply is limited), I'd save it for later.

Vistaril is an antihistamine/anti anxiety/anti nausea medication. Like most antihistamines - it can also help you sleep and of course it works against allergies, runny noses and things like that.

BUT if you can't get it, take benadryl. Seriously, I was once given IV Benadryl in the hospital for a burn, and I was amazed at how effective it was for pain relief, anxiety, nausea and so you may just need a higher oral dose for the same effect.

You CAN do this. Keep us posted.

Last edited:
I’ve been taking Kratom for about a decade, so know a fair bit about it.

I would say yah, it should help with RLS.

As for dosage, I would say take a half oz about 4 times a day, and you’ll probably need the weed and visteril for the nausea it will likely cause. I think you should be able to treat your withdrawals well with what you have, Kratoms a fairly strong opioid.

If you need someone to talk to at any time, you can pm me, I’ll probably answer within 12 hours if not immediately, I’m on here a lot

Good luck, we’re rooting for you

Last edited: