• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Crystal Meth with Haldol?

Siccness909

Bluelighter
Can you take haldol while smoking crystal? will it reduce the paranoia etc? Honestly seems like a good idea

Opinions?

It will end your high, I've administered it to people who were in psychotic breaks, violent, it will put you on your ass.

Why do you have haloperidol man, have you gone psychotic on crystal?

Went in psycosis that almost ended my life

Not really psychotic to the point where I actually hurt someone, but I can't even explain the way I looked the day I went in rehab, my eyes were popping outta my head, I was having convulsions, and thought I had a gun and hearing suspect is high on methamphetamine over and over and over, I thought I was in a standoff with the cops for 4 hrs in front of my dads house, and thought I was killing swat team members with a shotgun, getting on the ground on my street and getting back up etc

Till my dad found and grabbed me and took me to the hospital, as my heart rate was 160 then rehab came and now I'm out but the urge remains

Crystal is one hell of a drug that's forsure

Bro you need to lay off the shards, it's not an attractive color on you Siccy <3 can't you go back to hydromorphone? you weren't trying to hurt yourself or others or going psychotic while you were snorting dillies...

Feel free to aim/PM me regarding this.

That's what I'm going to do^ I would talk more but I gotta go, tomorrow when I get back home I'm jumping on this shit, I need a lot of help still lol

For sure I'm going to bed but I'll check back after you write more here about what happened and stuff :)

Buenos Noches

Went in psycosis that almost ended my life

Not really psychotic to the point where I actually hurt someone, but I can't even explain the way I looked the day I went in rehab, my eyes were popping outta my head, I was having convulsions, and thought I had a gun and hearing suspect is high on methamphetamine over and over and over, I thought I was in a standoff with the cops for 4 hrs in front of my dads house, and thought I was killing swat team members with a shotgun, getting on the ground on my street and getting back up etc

Till my dad found and grabbed me and took me to the hospital, as my heart rate was 160 then rehab came and now I'm out but the urge remains

Crystal is one hell of a drug that's forsure

Don't use methamphetamine anymore.

yes, you should take a break...
but i think the haldol being an antipsychotic, a drug that depletes dopamine levels mixed with a drug that gets you high by increasing dopamine...
wouldn't they cancel each other out or something?

Don't use methamphetamine anymore.

No man. Don't use any more shards.

yes, you should take a break...
but i think the haldol being an antipsychotic, a drug that depletes dopamine levels mixed with a drug that gets you high by increasing dopamine...
wouldn't they cancel each other out or something?

This. This. This.

Do not take stimulants if you are experiencing stimulant psychosis or have just been treated for stimulant psychosis. Take a break. <3

Seriously bro, it's easy to get carried away with crystal, but you need to stop before the delusions consume you, it's only a matter of time.

Yes, haldol will cancel out methamp, as I said.

First off you should take a break from the crystals given the scenario you described.

Regarding the effects of haloperidol however i think there may be some confusion.
Having experienced this combination before i can tell you the drugs behave in a rather unintuitive (and very neat) fashion.

Haldol is a D2 antagonist and conventional thought leads one to believe that it simply blocks action potentials and thereby reduces the amount of dopamine released into the synapse.
While this is the correct understanding of antagonist functioning, the derived conclusion is incorrect for the simple reason that some D2-like receptors have inhibitory functions.
Indeed in the short term Haldol actually effects an increase in striatal DA release and metabolism.

See:
Development of haloperidol-induced dopamine release in the rat striatum using intracerebral dialysis.
Walters DE, Chapman CD, Howard SG.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2293609

It is only in the long term that Haldol exhibits it's therapeutic effects. A depolarization block of DA cell firing has been suggested as the mechanism that differentiates the long and short term cases.

See:
Chronic haloperidol decreases dopamine release in striatum and nucleus accumbens in vivo: Depolarization block as a possible mechanism of action
Ross F. Lane, Charles D. Blaha2
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/0361923087900426

Additionally:
We should remember that amphetamines function not by interacting with the haldol blocked D2 receptors, but instead by inducing phosphorylation of dopamine transporters and re-uptake inhibition.
In fact, far from producing a null interaction, co-administration of haloperidol and amphetamines engenders a very signifigant synergistic potentiating effect that outstrips either chemical's individual DA releasing capacities.
Current evidence suggests that this potentiation may occur not only through blockade of release inhibition but also via the augmentation of DA synthesis that is the result of reductions in the intracellular pools of DA.
It only follows that more rapidly synthesized DA allows amphetamine to more rapidly release this newly formed DA into the synapse.

For fun graphs and a more in depth explanation,
See:
Comparison of Effects of Haloperidol Administration on Amphetamine-Stimulated Dopamine Release in the Rat Medial Prefrontal Cortex and Dorsal Striatum1
ELIZABETH A. PEHEK
http://jpet.aspetjournals.org/content/289/1/14.full.pdf

But seriously, i strongly recommend you don't engage meth in further dance.

--
magis scitis

Im high on meth right now and googled haldol meth combo because the idea sounds retarded and funny and here I am. No offense to op, but haloperidol would shit all over a meth high, as in directly antagonize it. Only desirable in cases of stimulant psychosis.