• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Crushed DXM pills vs pure DXM

I'm certainly no chemist but I would have to imagine the pure would be safer. At least marginally safer. Are the pills pharmaceutical or black market?

Pharmaceutical, obtained some crushed pills from a guy that said there were 8 pills at 15 mg each, which would only be enough for first plateau. It looks like a helluva lot more than 120mg though. I'm assuming because the pills are full of filler ingredients?

as far as I can tell, DXM can be in the form of a dipped Newport [mars]

^^ Not true, the dose of DXM required for effects is way higher than you could smoke on a cigarette. Generally dipped cigarettes are PCP.

Pharmaceutical, obtained some crushed pills from a guy that said there were 8 pills at 15 mg each, which would only be enough for first plateau. It looks like a helluva lot more than 120mg though. I'm assuming because the pills are full of filler ingredients?

Yeah 30mg of DXM doesn't look like a lot. There are fillers in the pill.

In regards to safety - if DXM is the only active ingredient in the pills then I don't think there's much difference in safety. I'd like to think that the inactive binders aren't toxic at those amounts.

crushed DXM pills?

never heard of it..

as far as i'm concerned DXM is not found in pills unless it's a formula with tylenol/APAP, expectorant, a nasal decongestant, an antihistamine etc (brands - dayquil, nyquil, mucinex, robitussin etc)
if this is the case then i will not ingest them..

DXM can be found in robo-gels, however, 15mg per capsule... but even then they can't be crushed and preserved to take on a later date unless someone saved all the liquid..

Yeah, I'm somewhat confident that they don't have any other nasty ingredients. Supposedly the pills were the white football shaped ones that break in half in the middle.

Well I'd consider acetaminophen a "nasty", too much of it is toxic for your liver. The guaifenesin less so, but still not ideal.

yep they're not worth it. please do not take them.

the APAP/acetaminophen will shoot your liver in high doses and it's otherwise not recommended to consume more than 2g of it in one sitting.

pure DXM is your best bet in comparison to these crushed cold meds, mate.

True, the APAP and guaifenisin put a max on what you can take though APAP will ruin your liver and guaifenisin will mostly make you very nauseous.

Pure DXM is as safe as DXM can be which is true for pretty much any drug I can think of off the top of my head: you want it pure. Only the challenge with DXM is that you may need to help it absorb well in your stomach by making say a tincture out of it with alcohol. At least it seems to not be so reliable otherwise.

Im glad you were smart enough to ask here before eating it.. Make sure to tell your buddy who gave it to you..