View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Crash/Comedown from LSD

Behappystayhappy

Bluelighter
I love the feeling of LSD, the first 4-6 hours of it is so fun in so many different ways. Although the next 6 hours (rest of the trip I guess) I start to feel worn out. while still being high, the uplifting rush starts to feel uncomfortable, similar to a typical ADHD pill. My brain feels tired but my body isn't. Can anyone relate or explain why this happens?

I don't exactly know the mechanism behind it, but it is very common. I usually remedy the comedown with some good weed and Xanax. Knocks me right out.

If that's not your thing I would look into melatonin, worth a try.

This is actually pretty common with LSD, doesn't happen to everyone though. LSD can be pretty stimulating and I often have trouble sleeping for hours after it wears off.

The latter phase of the trip can be pretty unpleasant if I've taken too much or have been awake a long time, lot's of tension, insomnia, and even confusion if I just went really deep, which is what I tend to do when I do take acid.

I personally like to have something for the comedown. I find a small dose of an opioid or a benzo really seems to ease the lingering muscle tension and overstimulation. I'm gonna send this on over to PD for you :)

BDD ~> PD

Yeah this sucks, it makes my brain feel burnt out and almost microwaved for the rest of the next day. Like someone above me said, definetly try a benzo/weed combo to get to sleep, that should kill your trip enough for you to feel tired and take that uncomfortability away.

I've had friends ask me how I deal with the comedown from LSD and personally, I've never associated the word comedown with LSD. I simply feel refreshed and ready for sleep afterwards, which is always a great nights sleep.

But I digress... Probably a benzo would help the most, Xanax, etizolam, clonazolam. I personally wouldn't suggest weed but that's simply because I strongly dislike the stuff.

As to why this happens, if memory doesn't fail me: unlike other psychedelics, LSD(and assuming, LSZ, AL-LAD, ETH-LAD) affects dopamine, being an agonist at the D2 receptor, along with affecting adrenergic receptors, among others which can lead to excitation.

I think what happens after LSD is therapeutic, though getting used to the cycle takes time. The first few days I process the remnants of old stressors inside me. The LSD shines a light afterglow keeping me from being overwhelmed with darkness too. After 3-5 days I have processed what the LSD brought to the surface.

Occasionally I accidentally overdose on LSD and feel excessively knocked down, confused, or scared after the first 10 hours (as you all described). Usually ~10mg of vaporized DMT resolves those symptoms.

Re-experiencing these old stressors keeps the symptoms of my schizophrenia in check better than exercise alone. After beginning my LSD cycle I have greater resilience if I am overcome with stress. In the past this shadow of stress could immobilize me a while. When in an LSD cycle I have fewer situations involving catatonia. LSD is more effective than any of the anti-psychotics or mood stabilizers the doctors prescribed.

Also possibly related, using 50ug of LSD every ~10 days resolved my hypertension. My hypertension didn't improve while taking ACE inhibitors. Exercise and diet modifications had limited benefit (and I exercise heavily). I didn't experience this specific benefit with other psychedelics used.

Last edited:
You might want to try 1p-lsd, it's very similar to LSD but there's no crashing.

the comedown usually for me is around 4am-7am and i feel that morning humidity and heat, and my palms and skin start to sweat, hate that FRIED feeling also, whats that from? having your brain absorb to much data/??

I can't sleep for quite a long time after LSD, but I also feel amazing. For me LSD doesn't have a comedown, it has an afterglow. Some of the best I've ever felt is the day after LSD, even if I don't sleep at all.

yah afterglow is awesome, but morning sunset rise with sticky hot humidity sucks ! lol i like it in the middle of the night when plants and flowers glow and communicate with each other:/

when i think of after glow i think of how awesome the LRG t-shirts are............. its so l$d

You might want to try 1p-lsd, it's very similar to LSD but there's no crashing.

could not sleep for shit after 1 tab 100mcg until 7 the next morn after dropping at 7 or 8pmish just like lsd. unlike al lad where sleep comes easy even on high doses

I used to feel this way when I had a habit of dosing after dinner and tripping all night. In retrospect, I think my LSD "comedowns" were just the effect of sleep deprivation. I don't really suffer from the same problem now that I'm frequently dosing early in the morning.

I agree with try 1-p LSD instead!!

The comedown is so mild, as the afterglow is awesome! I'd say I prefer it to LSD overall

I don't really get terrible comedowns from any psychedelics, but this is especially true of LSD, with say DOC or mushrooms/tryptamines the comedown I feel I can see being unpleasant to a lot of people even though it doesn't bother me, but LSD I just have a straight up nice afterglow, kinda worn out as well but very chill. I also don't have any real trouble falling asleep after LSD, which is unique compared to other psychs, like I can basically go straight to sleep after 12-14 hours...that might not be true if I didn't always smoke plenty of weed after the peak ends, but then I do that with every psychedelic, not just LSD.

the no crash feel is what i want at the end, soon it shall be here,

is there a number of days to wait in between session? last session was tuesday but it was a weak one and i slept for 3hours during it cause i had a migraine, am i good today to redo with geltab, i had blots last tuesday

^ If it was weak enough for you to sleep through it, yeah, you're good to go again.

im beat today, got like maybe 8hrs sleep, time for work at 9am< i rather have monday off also and relax still , im fried :/