• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Crack smoking questions

Obikylekenobi

Bluelighter
I know that you can shotgun a hit from one person to another but I have friends who hit it, hold it in then exhale their hit into a bag then breath it right back in…would this really get you higher or mess up your hit? Anyone tried it?

Also I know that you aren’t supposed to burn the rock, but again I have friends who after the little crackle stops a few seconds later they tease just a little flame down the inside of the pipe. Does this destroy the oils or just vape them off really quickly?

When I smoke it I always feel like I’m missing part of the technique or something and wasting it. Any help or tips would be appreciated. 🤓🙏🏻

I just wanted to add that I have already skimmed some of the message boards here and noticed that when people ask questions about crack they get a bunch of responses saying “my tip is don’t smoke it” ect. Please save your time and mine. I’m a recovering opiate addict with 26 months w/o an opioid. I smoke hard once or twice a week and only spend 40$ at a time, when it’s gone, it’s gone🤷🏻‍♂️ I don’t fiend for it but w/o the occasional release I really don’t think I would have the 26months. Thanks again

Last edited:
I know that you can shotgun a hit from one person to another but I have friends who hit it, hold it in then exhale their hit into a bag then breath it right back in…would this really get you higher or mess up your hit? Anyone tried it?

Also I know that you aren’t supposed to burn the rock, but again I have friends who after the little crackle stops a few seconds later they tease just a little flame down the inside of the pipe. Does this destroy the oils or just vape them off really quickly?

When I smoke it I always feel like I’m missing part of the technique or something and wasting it. Any help or tips would be appreciated. 🤓🙏🏻
Just smoke like every normal crackhead does, hitting hard from ur pipe. Seems like ure pretty young trying to attempt those silly tricks. Want a free advice? Quit that drug while you're ahead, crack cocaine Is a very insidious shit. It will steal your soul and destroy your health so quit before you get to that point. ✌good luck

If others are getting more from their hits than you then they are likely hitting more. If the rock pile is going faster than you think it should someone is cheating. Watch em if they put on a big show or moving about unduly before hitting they are distracting you so they can covertly adding crack to the pipe.
Never found the best way to hit it because it's gone before ya get it anyway. I just put a big ass rock on and hit it with all I got. ;) When it's gone I feel like it's wasted money and I lost my best friend for a while. I get that it helps in recovery to occasionally fuck up. To me it seems to keep shit in perspective. This may all be just more excuses to use. Workin on that now.
Save ya monies and worryation for something more noble... focusing on crack and its use is a huge waste of energy. Hit it and quit it.
Best of luck.

Just smoke like every normal crackhead does, hitting hard from ur pipe. Seems like ure pretty young trying to attempt those silly tricks. Want a free advice? Quit that drug while you're ahead, crack cocaine Is a very insidious shit. It will steal your soul and destroy your health so quit before you get to that point. ✌good luck
We appreciate your free advice, except that you did exactly what OP asked you not to do, which is offer free advice

I just wanted to add that I have already skimmed some of the message boards here and noticed that when people ask questions about crack they get a bunch of responses saying “my tip is don’t smoke it” ect. Please save your time and mine. I’m a recovering opiate addict with 26 months w/o an opioid. I smoke hard once or twice a week and only spend 40$ at a time, when it’s gone, it’s gone🤷🏻‍♂️ I don’t fiend for it but w/o the occasional release I really don’t think I would have the 26months. Thanks again
Lololol…i just came back and read this thread a second time and I’m laughing even more now …the one who says “want free advice?” LOLOL…no! No, you specifically said save it. And you’re right, so many posts about crack have someone offering their unsolicited comments. There is NO REASON for you to justify your use. No need to explain yourself. Everyone will have their opinion, but we already know what can happen. My experience will never be your experience, nor will it be the guy who asked if you want free advice. His experience will never be mine or yours. Drug addiction is just not the same for everyone, another reason why people post what they post …we all want to relate to each other. I think when I realized I could relate to another addict I felt a lot less anxiety. Just sayin

I was a heroin addict for years and if the funds were good enough I would splurge on some hard. Could always take it or leave it. I got off the dope again about 3 months ago and CAN NOT stop smoking lol insidious shit is right but for me it keeps me off the dope which in my area it’s not even dope anymore it’s tranq and fetty. I don’t know when the switch flipped but right now this is my DOC.

As far as the original post there is definitely tricks of the trade. When I first started going heavy with this shit I was hanging out with a seasoned vet in the crack smoking game and she would get on me telling me I’m wasting it lol. She put me on to some game but you already mentioned that in your post. Don’t go full flame on a rock, better to heat around it and melt a little then go in with the tease. Once I feel the hit pulling I go all in and puff. Hold for 5-10 seconds and fly away. I never tried shotgun or the bag. It has come to mind a few times but it’s just extra tools laying around for not much benefit. Be safe. Obviously it’s better to not smile crack we all know that but that’s what I’m doing for now I stumbled across this site and think it’s pretty cool to just talk shop. Fuck it.

You must watch out not to burn your rock and start out with moving the flame towards and away from your rock, simply inhale all you can and as long as you can and I dont think youll be missing out...

How has no one helped this dude out yet ? Bro I use to think I knew what I was doing but can’t get my chore right. It’s all about the chore and the flame. Get chore not to tight but not so loose that the oil just flyes down your pipe. Start with the pipe up then once the he crackling stops point your pipe down so that the oil get into chore and bam. Also spin the pipe while hitting and down go crazy about down with pipe just a little. Smoke in front of a mirror until you figure it out.

You can also use a pipe like this, which I prefer:

20230227-165057.jpg

Don't bother with that breathing in a bag shit - that smacks of desperation, and if you're smoking crack, then you're already desperate enough...

Do what i do stick to lines and have a couple of blasts because they thew only good ones your chasing a ghost with crack i do love it but now only a few blasys

This was probably one of my very first "urban legend" style issues that originally brought me here to Bluelight. Oh, the memories are too much.

When I was smoking weed as a teenager, everyone had their opinion regarding things like the holding of breath in relation to potency, the intoxicating effects of second-hand smoke and so on. I was always very curious regarding the concept. Even before I ever asked anyone with knowledge, I had smoked enough weed to know that it wasn't like I would get 4 times as high holding my breath 4 times as long. That was self-evident I think to anyone who smokes.

I asked a thoracic surgeon one time who was working on my late Grandfather and he stated that like 90% of contents that can be inhaled by the gas/vapor will be absorbed within 1 second, essentially a deep inhale of the gas, not even holding it in and that the other 10% will be absorbed over the course of 2 seconds, still just a deep inhale really, none of that Cheech and Chong exhale, inhale, repeat stuff and that a small amount will be exhaled in the gas/vapor.

I'm not saying blowback or shotgunning isn't going to have an effect on another person, but it appears that most of the active bioavailables are absorbed within an instant upon entry into the lungs. That's the lungs doing what they were made for.

This was probably one of my very first "urban legend" style issues that originally brought me here to Bluelight. Oh, the memories are too much.

When I was smoking weed as a teenager, everyone had their opinion regarding things like the holding of breath in relation to potency, the intoxicating effects of second-hand smoke and so on. I was always very curious regarding the concept. Even before I ever asked anyone with knowledge, I had smoked enough weed to know that it wasn't like I would get 4 times as high holding my breath 4 times as long. That was self-evident I think to anyone who smokes.

I asked a thoracic surgeon one time who was working on my late Grandfather and he stated that like 90% of contents that can be inhaled by the gas/vapor will be absorbed within 1 second, essentially a deep inhale of the gas, not even holding it in and that the other 10% will be absorbed over the course of 2 seconds, still just a deep inhale really, none of that Cheech and Chong exhale, inhale, repeat stuff and that a small amount will be exhaled in the gas/vapor.

I'm not saying blowback or shotgunning isn't going to have an effect on another person, but it appears that most of the active bioavailables are absorbed within an instant upon entry into the
lungs. That's the lungs doing what they were made for.

QFT!

I was a heroin addict for years and if the funds were good enough I would splurge on some hard. Could always take it or leave it. I got off the dope again about 3 months ago and CAN NOT stop smoking lol insidious shit is right but for me it keeps me off the dope which in my area it’s not even dope anymore it’s tranq and fetty. I don’t know when the switch flipped but right now this is my DOC.

As far as the original post there is definitely tricks of the trade. When I first started going heavy with this shit I was hanging out with a seasoned vet in the crack smoking game and she would get on me telling me I’m wasting it lol. She put me on to some game but you already mentioned that in your post. Don’t go full flame on a rock, better to heat around it and melt a little then go in with the tease. Once I feel the hit pulling I go all in and puff. Hold for 5-10 seconds and fly away. I never tried shotgun or the bag. It has come to mind a few times but it’s just extra tools laying around for not much benefit. Be safe. Obviously it’s better to not smile crack we all know that but that’s what I’m doing for now I stumbled across this site and think it’s pretty cool to just talk shop. Fuck it.
When you say heat around is pipe straight in air or are you putting flame to out side of the pipe trying to try this ASAP

I’m sure

I smoke all the time…crack for me is like weed is for a lot of people. I have never been one to get paranoid so it doesn’t alter my mind that way. I have been doing it off and on for years, and only by myself. I feel like I have developed my own skills and techniques over time that seem to work pretty well. I feel like a lot of people make the mistake of burning up their rock before even beginning to inhale, which obviously defeats the purpose.
I never melt it before taking a hit either, for me the less heat I put on it, the better. I was taught to move the flame around as much as possible while vaporizing the rock and not burning it. I’ve watched so many people put the flame directly on the rock, burning it and the chore at the same time, inhaling very quickly and then repeating that same process until everything is gone and they are so paranoid that they are intolerable to be around. That is not a good time in my opinion. Relax and take it slow. I think you might enjoy it more

I’m sure

I smoke all the time…crack for me is like weed is for a lot of people. I have never been one to get paranoid so it doesn’t alter my mind that way. I have been doing it off and on for years, and only by myself. I feel like I have developed my own skills and techniques over time that seem to work pretty well. I feel like a lot of people make the mistake of burning up their rock before even beginning to inhale, which obviously defeats the purpose.
I never melt it before taking a hit either, for me the less heat I put on it, the better. I was taught to move the flame around as much as possible while vaporizing the rock and not burning it. I’ve watched so many people put the flame directly on the rock, burning it and the chore at the same time, inhaling very quickly and then repeating that same process until everything is gone and they are so paranoid that they are intolerable to be around. That is not a good time in my opinion. Relax and take it slow. I think you might enjoy it more
Time to take the spoon for a trip to the past....mhmmm got a g here, hopefully I'll get 0.6 in return. Enough for a good 6-8 blasts.