Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Cowboy Mac's New Years Message

Cowboy Mac

Bluelighter
NYE period and drug use - obligatory warning

As each new year rolls around and there is much excitement drawing near to the NYE celebrations and it is easy to forget that it is just one night, no different to any other night, and your drug use should not dangerously increase when you bring in the new year. You don't obtain super human power for the occasion, and excessive drug use/polydrug use over a long period increases the possibility of harm occurring. Please play it safe and don't take any more drugs than you would normally, but if you must please do it with caution!

Be especially careful with GHB/1,4b as this is where the overdoses and inevitable hospital incidents occur, don't let the occasion go to your head and don't take unnecessary risks when it comes to GHB/1,4b.

Please consider that your driving ability is reduced when you are tired and under the influence of illicit substances, and its not just your own life you are in control of, it’s your friends also. If possible catch public transport to your venue by cab, train or tram, to minimise the risks you face on the road while under the influence. It was not many years ago a girl was killed after stepping off a tram heading to Summadayze on NYD, so look after yourselves out there. It is also possible Victorian police will be trialling saliva drug testing, even more reason not to drive.

mods: possible to make this sticky until 1/1/04?

Last edited:
Thanks Cowboy.excelloenmy words indeed.

Well I guess one more voice wonmt gurt..............please take it5n easy7 out therre folks.
Thanks from all bluelighters Cowboy............who knows the .life u just saved could be minew or my best mates and nhe is noy even a bluelighyter.

Thanks Cowboy.excelloenmy words indeed. Well I guess one more voice wonmt gurt..............please take it5n easy7 out therre folks.
Thanks from all bluelighters Cowboy............who knows the .life u just saved could be minew or my best mates and nhe is noy even a bluelighyter.
Spoken like someone who knows. ;)

Seriously though, thanks Cowboy Mac. I'd like to add to this for people not to forget that GHB and alcohol DO NOT MIX, not even on New Years'. I know this is a time of year when a lot of people who don't drink normally have a few champagnes and this can be enough to seriously munt your night if you have some G afterwards. Don't wanna wake up and find out you missed the countdown...or worse!

They don't call me Aunty Establishment for nothing! Have a happy, fun and safe Christmas and New Year everyone...and look out for that mistletoe! *kiss*

And another thing...!

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE don't give yourself wedgie worrying about what the medical profession will think if you get yourself in a spot of bother and you need to see a doctor. Sure, there are a few bad apples around who will tell you that it's self-inflicted and you are just going to have to deal with it, but they are by far and away in the minority. And no, the police don't want to arrest you for attending hospital, and no, doctors won't tell the police you are there8) (unless you look as if you are going to die)
It's really really important that if you or your mates feel that something is not quite what it should be, and you feel like shite, that you seek medical help. If you are nice to the doctors and explain clearly and honestly what you think is going on (and yes, it IS quite clear to us when you are off your pickle and telling porkies=D ) you are not only going to do yourself a favour, you'll be contributing to the fragile but growing reputation of an Australian pill-using community that is prepared to take responsibility for its own health
PS
Oh, and if you're in Adelaide, could you ask them to send off a urine tox screen for me? Ta...!;)

It's a shame these sorts of posts are needed isn't it. But there are some of us that just need those warnings, I suppose I'm included hehe.

Good thread!

TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST TEST your pills!

Not worth taking them off some dude in the last minute without testing them in the first place. Like Cowboy Mac said: "it is easy to forget that it is just one night, no different to any other night, and your drug use should not dangerously increase when you bring in the new year."

Remember that partygoers ;)

Happy New Year!

Urbanhog =D

ive heard theyre trialling the saliva tests also -

anyone driving can be pulled over mouth swabbed in 2 secs and it pretty much picks up any drugs bar eccies.

i know im taking the taxi home NYE.

anyone driving can be pulled over mouth swabbed in 2 secs and it pretty much picks up any drugs bar eccies.

Picks up all drugs but not ecstasy?

Where can I come across this informtion or did you just pull it out of your arse?

My brother is a cop.

You can see Mac is aware it is a possibility, and ive heard 2 other people discuss it.

pretty much whether its bullshit or not, i will be catching a taxi NYE for many reasons:

Firstly i and all my mates will be way too scattered to even remotely drive.

Secondly splitting a taxi between 4 is alot cheaper than doing traction for the next 6mnths after hitting a tree.

And lastly i dont want to do jail time because of the one day of the year that every cop is working in australia doing random drug checks with new technology near rave clubs.

lazyboy: What basix meant was what do you mean the tests don't pick up MDMA? It is an amphetamine derivative and probably one of the most commonly used drug driven on. From data I have read on manufacturer websites (link is in another thread) it can and will detect MDMA.

Four years ago my best mates brother died of alcohol poisoning on new years eve. At the age of only 17........

So, same goes for alcohol too folks.

If i remember correctly, it picks-up amphetamines, and MDMA or 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine is an amphetamine.

Am i correct or not?

If i remember correctly, it picks-up amphetamines, and MDMA or 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine is an amphetamine.

Depends entirely upon the type of test and the specific immunogen/s used. Those that detect MDMA seem - from my investigations - to cost substantially more than those which only detect amphetamines i.e. non-ring substituted phenylisopropylamines.

A test unit will have to obtained, so this can be properly established. Any volunteers? 8) I meant would anyone care to volunteer one of the saliva test kits ;)

In 25 words or less. Your best bet is simply not use ANY illict drugs or alcohol if your driving.

Is saliva test kits legally obtained? Can you get them for "personal use" say you are a employer and wanna drug test your employees? =D

Why would they not be legal?

You may wish to:

• Ensure you are completely drug free (including any metabolites from prescribed drugs) before applying for a job etc.,
  • Confirm any suspicions that your children may be using or involved with drugs (N.B. of course this also implies you've never established the "right" relationship with your children. Not recommended for honest, loving, open and non-judgemental parents)
  • Check whether your prescription (or intended to be prescribed) medication may be likely to show up when driving. ( there are a few areas here which aren't black and white i.e. compounds suspected of reacting, or are completely unknowns - don't ask - just do your homework!).

Being pro-active is seen to be a good thing if presented appropriately, and unless the tests are very fallible, I see no reason why any police officer or law official would object to these or similar devices being made available to the public.

When looked at from the point of view of law enforcement, while you are committing crimes through obtaining/possessing/consuming drugs, being responsible enough to refrain from driving can only be seen as a good move. Establishing safe parameters, whether state decided or self assessed, ultimately means there will be less out of it people behind the wheel.

Now if they only had the means to accurately execute SDRBD or sleep depravation, random breath/saliva detection. Our roads would then be infinitely safer, certainly more so than they will from extended DUI programs, even these with seemingly no baseline for tolerance.

0<*>0 ~vIsIoN~ Future news article:

Recovery parties are now being extended to 2-3 days.

In an attempt to minimise prosecution and thereby reduce harm to attendants, rave recovery parties are being run for 2-3 days in order to provide the time required for users to come down off drugs like MDMA and Meth before driving home. However, from this trend, a new menace is surfacing. Fueled by a plethora of legal stimulants, mostly containing high levels of caffeine, users are almost always sleep depraved when leaving these parties. For many, it may have been over 48 hours since they last slept - Road transport officials have reported that so wide spread is the problem, and the number of related road accidents risen so alarmingly, that they ask that people seriously question the safety of the practice. While not wishing to be quoted as supporting drug use, one official described driving in such a state to be inherently more dangerous than if they'd left the party 4-5 hours after taking the ecstasy.

There is a safe festive season message in there somewhere.

Last edited:
I also can't stress this enough. If you don't know the concentration then treat it as been as strong as it comes. I'm seeing to many near misses of late and its pissing me off.

phase_dancer said:
I see no reason why any police officer or law official would object to these or similar devices being made available to the public.

So we can try them, play around with them, and test various substances/techniques/tricks to get around them. Imagine if one BL'er got their hands on a saliva-based drug testing unit, exactly the same as what the police planned to use. Played around until they found some substance, liquid, gas or something or rather that could fool these machines.

Then went and posted their results here. Concievably the system could be circumvented before legislation is even in place to enforce random drug testing.

So what are we waiting for? =D

This is the perfect time of year to get an ambulance subscription. Never hesitate to call an ambulance if someone is in trouble. If they then get stuck with a $4000 bill at least they will be alive to pay for it.