Cops Like Me Say Legalize All Drugs. Here’s Why.

LEAP is wonderful.
We need more advocates in the current field.

Also, though, if you're so against what your employer is enforcing radically upon a whole nation, why don't you stop working for that employer?
I know anarchism would never work in a world today, but the only reason they have that power in the first place is because you applied for that position.
If no one was employed in that position, who would even be arresting you for self-medicating and choosing psychoactive decisions in your own life?
I mean, no one forces you to work.

THOUGH, any agent WITHIN the actual field of dispute makes a HUGE difference, so I definitely can never advocate against this type of opposition. Quite the contrary, if it wasn't for groups like these (LEAP), it'd be hardly possible to ever get the opposing side to see the perspective of ours, usually it requires a further "free-thinker" to advocate their opinions past the limitful box of their own.

So we take great strides in our "War on Drugs" with groups like LEAP.
I guess, my spontaneous opinion at this point would be, that if worse ever came to WORSE, a mass resigning would get the point across. Or would get genocide and mass oppression inacted upon our nation haha.
Scary thoughts. But for people surrounded by people like this, it seems like they are oblivious to the truth unless a huge statement, NEWS statement (aka genocide or serial murder), or something huge, like a mass resigning.
It's sick and the only ones that try to let everyone know ends up seeming like conspiracy theorists, or are.

Keep trying, we support you and thank you for all your help, most know, especially in US, that you cant win without winning from the inside.

We support you 100%.

But always also remember, supporting their bourgeois military groups does not help the economic or peaceful standing of our civilians, the base of society and who the police force was originally intended to work for.

citizenuzi;12320237 said:
This issue causes me some serious cognitive dissonance. I can't get behind having certain drugs legalized, and packaged for sale (by profit driven big corporations/med industry, no less, who the hell do you think is going to be top dog in this scenario?). I'm thinking drugs like opiates, meth, GABA stuff... mostly the harder stuff with serious abuse potential and serious withdrawal syndromes. I just can't support that kind of free for all. Drugs can easily fuck people up, even when the struggles of availability/price are removed.

Decrim? Sure. All the way. Harm reduction, no more prison for smaller amounts, all that stuff. Possibly clinics/doctors that can prescribe a current addict his DOC under certain regulations. But that's where some of the dissonance comes in... it's like you have to have people illegally selling the drugs to get them, and only after that can you get them legally. It's weird. Legal drugs would be a regulatory nightmare... and not something I'd want on store shelves that 18 year olds could go buy, freely, cheaply and easily (More dissonance, I know there's no age limits on illegal drugs). Not in this irresponsible society, not for a long time yet.
Uhh it already is a free for all the only difference is that law enforcement gets involved and people go to prison. The legality of drugs has neither affected supply nor demand.

Thanks for posting this insightful article, neversickanymore! :) Prohibition didn't work 40 years ago, and it isn't working now. The smart thing to do would be to give up on this "War On Drugs" and take the money wasted from those efforts and put it into the communities where it would be useful, like education and harm reduction programs! Changing a lot of laws and perhaps making most (if not all) drugs legal is a good place to start too. Most drug users are not out there killing people to get a fix. A lot of them are normal, everyday folks who go to work, come home to be with their families, and happen to enjoy getting high. There's definitely a lot of things that need to be changed, and it's refreshing to see that people, like L.E.O's are getting involved and calling for these changes!
Just my two cents.. ;)

This issue causes me some serious cognitive dissonance. I can't get behind having certain drugs legalized, and packaged for sale (by profit driven big corporations/med industry, no less, who the hell do you think is going to be top dog in this scenario?). I'm thinking drugs like opiates, meth, GABA stuff... mostly the harder stuff with serious abuse potential and serious withdrawal syndromes. I just can't support that kind of free for all. Drugs can easily fuck people up, even when the struggles of availability/price are removed.

Decrim? Sure. All the way. Harm reduction, no more prison for smaller amounts, all that stuff. Possibly clinics/doctors that can prescribe a current addict his DOC under certain regulations. But that's where some of the dissonance comes in... it's like you have to have people illegally selling the drugs to get them, and only after that can you get them legally. It's weird. Legal drugs would be a regulatory nightmare... and not something I'd want on store shelves that 18 year olds could go buy, freely, cheaply and easily (More dissonance, I know there's no age limits on illegal drugs). Not in this irresponsible society, not for a long time yet.

I understand the cognitive dissonance you describe, and I feel it somewhat myself. I'd personally love to be able to walk into the chemist and buy a bottle of pure diamorphine over the counter, but I'm not at all comfortable with the idea of, say, my younger sister doing the same thing. Maybe it's just a ''do as I say, not as I do'' thing. After all, there have been places where these drugs have been freely available without causing epidemics of use - of course no drug dependence is ideal, but compare the idea of a man walking into a London apothecary to purchase a bottle of laudanum (which he will measure precisely and consume within his own home) to the idea of a man making a trip into a dangerous part of town to purchase a bag of heroin from violent dealers (which he is quite likely to inject in unsanitary conditions). Which situation seems preferable?

At the end of the day I think what's important is to avoid swinging abrubtly from one end of the spectrum to the other. Don't try to push from full prohibition to full legalization, but make changes in slow, steady steps, monitored and scientifically advised, until we reach the optimal balance between harm caused by drug consumption and harm caused by attempting to prevent drug consumption.

Decriminalization would be a huge step in the right direction in my opinion. However, it will not be enough.

With decriminalization, the drug cartels will continue to provide these drugs which will always be in demand, and they will continue to charge astronomical prices for them.

Research has proven that when it comes to drugs with the highest risk of habit forming behavior by the user, such as Heroin, it has been proven that Heroin users are able to live a "normal" life as long as that void is filled. In other words, if the heroin user is able to obtain the drug at always the same purity and for a low price, chances are that (bar the rare exception) he will resort to paying the bills, taking care of other responsibilities, returning to work or looking for a job, and so forth. I speak from personal experience about this as well, because when I had an unlimited supply of my opioids, as long as my mu-opioid receptors were saturated by an opioid, I don't continue to focus on the drug, but rather, I return to my errands, my responsibilities, my job, etc. And I perform them well, and without nodding away.

Therefore, I believe that decriminalization is not enough. And all drugs need to be legalized. Now I'm not saying that they should all be available in the same way. Pure Diacetylmorphine (Heroin) should not be available to the public in the same manner that 1kg bags of sugar are in a grocery store, as that would obviously be rather reckless. If however, they could be sold in the form of pills (a la Tylenol), or vials (for those of us who like to poke ourselves), or perhaps as a cartridge for an e-cigarette?

In fact, I think that Methamphetamine, Diacetylmorphine, and Cocaine cartridges for e-cigarettes (as well as vials of each) could be a decent idea in terms of harm reduction.

I'd also love to see pure MDMA pills or capsules for sale.

In addition, there should be educational material handed out with each drug to help minimize the risk of overdose.

Despite what mainstream society may believe, street drug users (minus the deliberate rarity) don't have a death wish, meaning that they do pay attention to not use a fatal amount of a specific drug. I know that I'm always careful not to overdo it with opioids, benzos, booze, cocaine, amphetamines, and so forth. And if I wasn't, I'd have been dead long ago.

You will always have people who think they're invincible, or they don't know any better, and they'll end up overdosing on a certain drug. But this kind of behavior is less prevalent than the media and law enforcement tries to make us believe.

Just to give you an example of how sensationalized and misleading the risks of "hard drug" use is by the media, certain bureaucrats, and law enforcement, consider the following statistics:

- For every 100,000 heroin users in present day America, 141 of them end up overdosing when using. This means that, as a habitual heroin user in America today, every time you use, there is a 1.41 in 100 chance that you'll end up overdosing.

- Back in 1979, which was about 8 years after Nixon declared war on drugs, for every 100,000 heroin users in America, only 28 of them ended up overdosing when using heroin. And so, as a habitual heroin user in America, there was a 0.28% - or 0.28 in 100 - chance that you would have ended up overdosing when using heroin.

This means that back in 1979, you were more likely to die from causes such as diarrhea-related diseases, suicide, war, and AIDS than you were from the use of heroin. Yet some people and "conservative" media outlets still claim that the war on drugs is a success?! Spare me the bullshit please.

Sorry to get off topic like that with the heroin overdose statistics, but, I think these stats suggest that street drugs are in fact more potent, more pure, and more available now than they were before the war on drugs started. And this trend will continue to the point where you may see more and more dealers not cutting their product. And also, the availability will increase.

The consequences of this war may spiral out of control, and they may manifest themselves to a critical point where the streets of America may become like Mexico (extremely violent and thousands of innocent deaths every year on top of what you already see happening today). And if it ever gets to that point, God help us. It could end up causing another civil war perhaps. And America may end up becoming a totalitarian police state. Maybe George Orwell was brighter than most people give him credit for.

P.S. - Here's the link for where I got these stats from if interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=o6Ytv6gaxxM#t=508

i smoked weed from the age of 14 , went on to taking ecstacy a lot for about 10 years and coke magic mushrooms acid and pritty much anything that was put in front of me, i have always worked so never stole to feed the habit never hurt anyone either. my point is that its whats in your head already that fcks you up not what your taking , drugs are awesome no question in my mind about that some of the most amazing times i have had have been when i was high as a kite, just saying thats all just my expeirance

I live in Florida and now the Baker act is a lot harder to do. They cannot take them simply because they are ok drugs. They have to show signs of wanting to harm themselves. It was being abused and the rehabs were over full with patients who didn't want to be there. So they changed the law. You now have to exude some kind of suicidal tendencies for them to take you. If the cop doesn't feel they r showing potential to harm themselves then u have to petition the court. A Dr can marchman act you. But two dr must be in agreement that the patient is medically unstable. So that's how they get around that! They take them to the hospital...but the person has to be so geeked out.

cjim40;12322292 said:
i smoked weed from the age of 14 , went on to taking ecstacy a lot for about 10 years and coke magic mushrooms acid and pritty much anything that was put in front of me, i have always worked so never stole to feed the habit never hurt anyone either. my point is that its whats in your head already that fcks you up not what your taking , drugs are awesome no question in my mind about that some of the most amazing times i have had have been when i was high as a kite, just saying thats all just my expeirance

That's cause you didn't have an actual habit
Coke is addictive but no wd. Nothing like opiates! And they offer no help for opiate addicts. Opiates will suck u down the hole! U will do anything to not be sick. The rehabs round here are like jail. Actually about the same. Except u get a shower in room but it's a jail shower where u have to push a button every 30 seconds to keep the water running...so ridiculous. I left and went to Mexico for ibogaine treatment and now I'm good! The US screwed me over. The Dr's gave me pills and never told me I would or could become addicted. then when they took my pills away by way of shutting all the pharmacies down so walgreens couldnt keep my meds in stock and mom n pop wanted 1300 a month! It went down hill. O yea the rehab left my sheets with puke on them for 4 days! Never replaced them. And that lovely stay costed me $7000! 4 days!! I went to Mexico and a luxury rehab for $4500 and left off drugs and mental clarity! Canada pays for ibogaine therapy for everyone who needs it! New Zealand just started and so did egypt. Mexico is doing research and the clinic I went to is working with the government to pay for their residents to get treatment! Yet in America the only thing they pay u to do is sit in jail so u can get out and do the same crap! And they know what they r doing to their citizens. It's a way to keep the poor poor and rich rich! War on drugs was racially motivated. That's a whole noter topic tho. Glad to see not all cops are crooked! Cuz god knows down here in Florida I haven't met one that isnt!

First off, alchohol and tobacco kill and cause more destruction than any of the "harder stuff" combined by far.

Life can fuck people up. thats why we dont let 10 years olds drive cars or sky dive. they should be educated and then when of age they make their own decision like anything else. The problem here is that everyone is hard wired to think drugs are immiently bad even if we dont know why we think that. Thats how good the propaganda machine is. Your brainwashed without even thinking twice about where a thought originates.

Cleaner drugs (all drugs) and doing away with prohibition is the only answer. You cant legalize one and then say oooww, not that one, its harder.

I just dont understand how people can say this with how alchohol is seen. Its very acceptable. Have you witnessed the slow, suffering death it can cause or the immediate end to someones life. I have and its not a pretty site

well thank you. thats nice of you. I have trouble getting my thoughts on the screen in a cohesive way sometimes. i reread it and think it doesnt sound right but im always my harshest critic.

to answer your question, ill have to clear a few things but sure, why not.

There is a little talked about rule.. if you fall in love on BL.. then you are obligated to invite us all to the union. Also we get to choose where this goes down.. and a full year open bar in mandatory.

Non extradition countries are the norm..

You two <3

NSFW:

love.jpg

abracadabra girl;12327720 said:
Haha! Sounds good to me. I like Amsterdam, honey, how about you?

(BTW are you M or F?)

The real question should be whether - for your upcoming wedding - if he'll buy you that rock you've always had your eyes on?

STFU! There are hundreds of thousands of civil servants on the DEA's payroll and these guys need to keep their jobs! How useless and extravagantly expensive as they are. Have I made myself clear here? Now STFU! Thread and discussion closed.

BTW (and I know I'm going to let people feel I'm kinda contradictory but) AFAIA methamphetamine was OTC in the 50s right? Was it then a bigger health issue than it is today? Just asking...