• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Copping pre-cell phone

washed

Greenlighter
What was copping dope/crack like back in the days before cell phones? Would you just go to a spot in the projects? Would you have a dealer you'd page or otherwise call from a landline and agree to meet somewhere at a certain time?

I'm sure none of this seems like a big deal for anyone who lived through it, but looking at how convenient cell phones make things today I'm wondering if older heads could speak about copping in the past.

I'm not exactly old but I was a late-comer to the mobile phone. I just went by word of mouth, getting to know a few people and asking around. Also a couple of the dealers where I used to cop in Germany had their fixed spots and approximate times, so you'd know when and where to show up for the goodies.

Haha now you say that, when I went to uni there were still payphones around that you could be called in. Nicely anonymous. All been removed since.

I just used landlines and pay phones and agreed to meet at a certain spot. Some people had cell phones back in the day but i never had one

payphones, pagers, traps and corners.

As much as the game has changed, the game has stayed the same.

In the early 70's you bought pretty much on faith. Many of the places were just "known" locations that were well disguised. You would shove your money through a hole in a brick wall and a balloon or other package would appear at another hole. Or you knew a spot and gave one person money and told to walk to a nearby location within their view where another person delivered it into you hands. Every fix was an adventure and I don't mean that in a good way.