• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Constant Headache since Kratom Cessation

SunSpot

Bluelighter
Hi all,

Hope everyone's doing good! It's been 10 days since I finally quit Kratom after being forced on it for 2 months after a shoulder injury. I'm well over opiates btw, no worries there. But the headaches are just driving me nuts! I'm still stuck with a runny nose and sneezing too, so it might just be wd.

But wd from opiates didn't have this type of headache even though i was sick for weeks. Anyone have experience with this? At least ive gotten some sleep again the last few days, 6 hours tonight!:)

Oh and btw coffee seems to help, even at my sub 100mg caffeine dose per day. So are this tension headaches, our could it be something i picked up traveling? Anyone have experience with wd headaches?

The headaches could be caffeine withdrawal. Were you using caffeine regularly prior to quitting kratom?

Headaches are common after quitting Kratom. Caffeine does help, headaches should reside after about 2 weeks.

Yeah ive gotten headaches on a regular basis if i dont have kratom. If you need to get away from it, drink a bunch of water and take an aleve

Hi all, funny thing right the next day after i posted this the headaches started subsiding even though i did so much more work. They're still there, just more of a 2 in Intensity not an 7 (out of ten). I was worried for a while it could've been something i picked up traveling, my body seems to love to get weird diseases:(

Anyways yeah I'm still totally amazed how deeply 2 months of Kratom affected me. During wd from it my memory was fuzzy too, that had never happened to me before. Glad to be off it!

All of the above offer good advice. I would try not to worry toof much SunSpot, as what you are describing sounds like classic Kratos withdrawal.

I know being told not to worry really is not all that helpful, I just wanted to normalize what you are experiencing as it is to be expected in cases of dependency on drugs like kratom (and tramadol).

Can you man an appointment with you GP? In any case I'm happy to hear you're feeling better. Sometimes when I have a real bad headache or migraine all I can do is to take 800mg IBU, drink a glass of cool water and lay down in a cool dark quite room until it subsides.

Caffine is a vasodialator which helps bring more oxygen to the brain by dialating the blood vessels. Many OTC pain medications for migraines include caffine. If you begin having the headaches again have a regular strength cup of coffee and 16oz of water. If need be eat a little something. I don't get headaches often, but that combination knocks them out pretty quick for me. If the headaches persist or you develop a fever or additional symptoms make an appointment with you doctor. Hope you start feeling better!

Most of the headaches are from the stress of muscles that support your head. Stretching them can be quite helpful and I know there are lot of stretching exercise instructions for headaches on the web available.