• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Console Console Gamers - Whatcha playin?

Anyone been keeping up with e3?

nintendo direct starts in an hour.

NHL 94
NBA Jam
NFL Blitz
Mario Kart
Which console you play NHL 94 on? Super Nintendo or Sega?

I loved NFL Blitz 2 on PSOne

I remember playing 4 player Mario kart with friends on the N64 in the year 1999 and saying there's no way video games can get more advanced than this LoL

They said it was going to be all software but that could be a misdirect, who knows.

I'm hoping for ACNH update and Gameboy or N64 added to Nintendo Online.
It was kind of a let down but the New Metroid Dread looks dope and of course the new BOTW 2 footage was tongue wetting as was expected. I missed the ACNH update but Nintendo is going to keep pumping out new stuff because ACNH is their new fan darling. I doubt they will neglect the growing AC crowd. I gotta go look for myself.

Which console you play NHL 94 on? Super Nintendo or Sega?

I loved NFL Blitz 2 on PSOne

I remember playing 4 player Mario kart with friends on the N64 in the year 1999 and saying there's no way video games can get more advanced than this LoL
SNES .. and the occasional pc emulation.. had it on a modded xbox back in the day too lol..

The N64 felt like a good jump in graphics without sacrificing gameplay fun or loading time..
many games today are more concerned with making the game look good, than being fun to play... games are still good.. but the only way we would play them before is if they were fun.

Xbox One - RDR2, Cant find my GTA V disk so annoyed a bit as my mates are online playing

Played through Wolfenstein: The New Order.

Plot was great, even though it was all over the place. I could have done without the lunar mission, but there's a bunch of over the top stuff that works. The female Nazi protagonist is cool and I like the giant German guy with the head injury that acts like a child.

The game looks (and sounds) beautiful, too.

I stopped playing when I got to the final boss.

New Order reminds me of the Doom reboot. It's super polished but it lacks any real inspiration. When I first played Wolfenstein, I'd never seen anything like it. Whereas, with NO, I kept getting Deja vu.

AAA games (like Hollywood movies) tend to have more polish than original ideas. Games are expensive these days and typically the big companies only invest big money in ideas that have already been tested thoroughly.

I've never been a huge FPS guy.

I'm also playing Resident Evil VII, which is the only RE game that has ever really made me question whether or not the first title is the best. With VII, I'm not sure.

The series finally returns to horror. The convoluted plots about Umbrella and Wesker in the main series (and beyond) became tiresome over 10 years ago.

When the first game came out, there was just a bunch of mostly silent characters walking around a mansion. I don't know why horror sequels often deviate from the genre. Films too. They go from horror (Alien) to action (Aliens).

I haven't finished RE7 yet. It's hard to find the time to play it with a 3 year old in the house... although, admittedly, she was watching a bit of Wolfenstein.