View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Consistent LSD Microdot Dosages

tobala

Bluelight Crew
Assuming LSD crystal is mixed with an inert binder so the mixture can be pressed into microdots, does anyone have an idea how the LSD is evenly distributed throughout this binder?

Or is this an imprecise step in the process theoretically resulting in some pills with little or no LSD and others with more than the intended dosage for a particular batch?

I ask because the prevailing sentiment here (which I generally agree with) about cutting powerful amphetamines such as DOI with inert powder--to make it more convenient to weigh out dosages--is usually admonished for the risk practitioners assume of significant under/overdosages.

-not quite undersanding your query, I'd say that for sure "in some pills with little or no LSD and others...." you are nver gonna be certain of the exact dose of 'LSD and others" in your 'pill'; that is the unfortunate cost of THEE drug laws.

Its weird- in my parts, LSD is prevelant for whomever- but RRRRRRRRCCCCCCCC's are rare-ish.....

DOxx chems- and their apparent prvelance on bloter is hwat asturendmeoff from that form of ingestion.....

:)

Anyone who can press pills usually has a pretty accurate way to measure doses, so usually, you can expect the same dosages per pill. JME. :)

specialr

p.s. why would you want RCs if you can get Vitamin L? :)

tobala said:
I ask because the prevailing sentiment here (which I generally agree with) about cutting powerful amphetamines such as DOI with inert powder--to make it more convenient to weigh out dosages--is usually admonished for the risk practitioners assume of significant under/overdosages.

I agree. Getting a homogenous distribution of DOx with other powders is hard. The only way I can think of getting it distributed really even would be to dissolve the acive substance and the inert stuff in water, ethanol, vodka or whatever and then evaporating the liquid. Scrape the powder and this *should* have some equal distribution.

I think the easiest way to dose these low mg compounds is this:

Get one of these bottles, i am not sure if eye dropper is the correct english term:
istockphoto_212735_1_ml_eye_dropper.jpg

Next, find someone with a mg accurate scale. Weigh out something like 100mg. Put these into the bottle and then add 100 drops of a liquid that will dissolve the substance into the bottle. Shake well, make sure everything is dissolved. Now for dosing you just need to add x drops into a drink. Double the amount of drops to get 0,5mg drops.

A drop of water is pretty accurately always the same volume if you drop them slowly.

psych0t1c said:
...The only way I can think of getting it distributed really even would be to dissolve the acive substance and the inert stuff in water, ethanol, vodka or whatever and then evaporating the liquid. Scrape the powder and this *should* have some equal distribution...
This makes sense. For example, if we set the dosage at 100 mcg for a batch of 100, then 10 mg LSD + 2.990 g binder would be dissolved together and then evaporated to be pressed into microdots weighing 30 mg each.

I imagine this could work as well for something like the DO-x series, and maybe be an option for people who are concerned about degradation when that series is stored in solution (though I don't know if they actually do degrade in a 90% distilled water/10% EtOH soln).

psych0t1c said:
...A drop of water is pretty accurately always the same volume if you drop them slowly.
I agree. If done carefully this can be fairly precise. However, in anticipation of those who will bust your balls over this method, it's probably better to use sufficient diluent so that the intended dose is spread out over 10 drops, which can improve precision by drop size-averaging.

willow11 said:
...you are nver gonna be certain of the exact dose of 'LSD and others" in your 'pill'; that is the unfortunate cost of THEE drug laws...
No, I was just speculating on how the "unknown dosage" (and you're right--only the persons manufacturing the product know that) is uniformly distributed when the carrier medium is powder. And the answer is by the same method used with blotter, really.

specialrelativity said:
...p.s. why would you want RCs if you can get Vitamin L?
Because, brother, I want it all... =D

Last edited:
tobala said:
This makes sense. For example, if we set the dosage at 100 mcg for a batch of 100, then 10 mg LSD + 2.990 g binder would be dissolved together and then evaporated to be pressed into microdots weighing 30 mg each.
Ummm. At 100mcg/dose 10mg LSD will only make 100 doses (100mcg*10 = 1mg). So to make 100 30mg tablet from that you would only need 30g of binder (-10mg). Not three kilograms. So your math is off a bit :).

Honestly I would not go that route with LSD by the way. Blotter has its merits (easy to conceal, quick to lay, no pill press needed, no binders). On decomposition... I know a few people who have dosed blotters 10 and more year old stored in normal conditions (no refridgeration, just a ziploc bag at room temp) and swear it still worked. There may be some decomposition, but it seems LSD is more stable then commonly thought.

I imagine this could work as well for something like the DO-x series, and maybe be an option for people who are concerned about degradation when that series is stored in solution (though I don't know if they actually do degrade in a 90% distilled water/10% EtOH soln).
Interesting question. Does anyone have data on the environment DOx are stable? Is there anecdotal or scientific evidence that these substances do degrade in liquid solution?

I agree. If done carefully this can be fairly precise. However, in anticipation of those who will bust your balls over this method, it's probably better to use sufficient diluent so that the intended dose is spread out over 10 drops, which can improve precision by drop size-averaging.
Yeah. That all depends on the circumstances though. More water, bigger eye-dropper bottle, less doses etc.

No, I was just speculating on how the "unknown dosage" (and you're right--only the persons manufacturing the product know that) is uniformly distributed when the carrier medium is powder. And the answer is by the same method used with blotter, really.
It's all in relation. If you are making a mixture for mdma pills the exactness does not matter to that degree. If you dose 100 mg into a 250mg pill there is not a lot of room for severe mistakes. It's a 1:2.5 ratio and the substances can be mixed fairly well if they are dry and sufficiently powdered I guess. Also, a deviation to 95 or 115mg will not matter THAT much...

Re the math. Maybe I didn't present it clearly.

We're agreed that 10 mg LSD = 100 doses @ 100 mcg each.

So 10 mg LSD + 2990 mg binder = 3 grams total (not 30 grams ;) )

3 grams / 100 = 30 mg

Neither of us is allowed to use the milligram scale at the next party... :D

For the record, I don't have LSD in powder form, and don't expect to. I was just curious. And I agree with your opinion on its stability.

BTW, welcome to Bluelight, brother!!

I know a few people who have dosed blotters 10 and more year old stored in normal conditions

Agree & disagree, I've had blotters for say a year with decent results and contrarywise (the finest I ever had) degraded significantly within 2 months, the type of blotter was a contributory factor here IMO.

tobala said:
Re the math. Maybe I didn't present it clearly.

We're agreed that 10 mg LSD = 100 doses @ 100 mcg each.

So 10 mg LSD + 2990 mg binder = 3 grams total (not 30 grams ;) )

<erm>

Well, in your first post you wrote "2.990 g". Maybe you m-key is broken. I can relate, because just recently my zero key seems to be stuck at times

Neither of us is allowed to use the milligram scale at the next party... :D
Don't care. I always wanted to dip my finger in crystal acid.

For the record, I don't have LSD in powder form, and don't expect to. I was just curious. And I agree with your opinion on its stability.
Me neither. But if anyone ever puts a gun to my head and forces me to lay acid to blotter, I am prepared.

BTW, welcome to Bluelight, brother!!
:) Yeah, thank you. I was about to post an introductory thingy somewhere. But social stuff makes me awkward and stuff. I just care about drugs. So I just went in.

putting LSD on blotter is not hard at all. Whats the deal with people freaking about it online. You figure out how much liquid the paper will absorb, then put that amount (minus the amount of liquid carrying your LSD) in a tray the size of the sheet, then add the liquid LSD, then soak up the liquid with the blotter. Allow to dry, voila.

I agree. Getting a homogenous distribution of DOx with other powders is hard. The only way I can think of getting it distributed really even would be to dissolve the acive substance and the inert stuff in water, ethanol, vodka or whatever and then evaporating the liquid. Scrape the powder and this *should* have some equal distribution.

I think the easiest way to dose these low mg compounds is this:

Get one of these bottles, i am not sure if eye dropper is the correct english term:
istockphoto_212735_1_ml_eye_dropper.jpg

Next, find someone with a mg accurate scale. Weigh out something like 100mg. Put these into the bottle and then add 100 drops of a liquid that will dissolve the substance into the bottle. Shake well, make sure everything is dissolved. Now for dosing you just need to add x drops into a drink. Double the amount of drops to get 0,5mg drops.

A drop of water is pretty accurately always the same volume if you drop them slowly.

I never took liquid lsd, now i have a contact, whar is better, 7 blotter or 5 drops?

depends on the potency of the blotter and the concentration of the liquid, we cannot say. 1 drop is supposed to be one dose, if i understand right, so..