• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Confused.. Stopping suboxone little negative effects

Relapz

Bluelighter
So this may be somewhat confusing, I joined a suboxone clinic approximately 45 days ago. I've been taking about 4 mg a day here and there skipping days and having bouts of relapses on H. So the past 10 days I did H, like a lot, around 20 grams in 10 days. Now I woke up last week sick as a dog and said screw this I can't do this, took a 8 mg sub. Then I decided I would try and get off completely in a spur of the moment. Took another 8 mg strip the next day which was Thursday last week, then 4 mg Friday and 2 mg Saturday.. I haven't taken any since Saturday and my withdrawals are incredibly lower than expected. While doing H I would get sick every 6-8 hours after my last shot. How is this possible? I understand that the suboxone detoxed me
From the heroin but how does that even matter if I'm continuing opiate consumption / opioid consumption just thru a different method?

Was I not using long enough? It's been 4 days are the withdrawals still going to hit? I've gone CT from 200 mg of oxy/day in jail and I wanted to kill myself for 10 days straight. So how is this possible? All I'm experiencing is slight cold sweats and lack of energy, that's about it. I got Valium I take at night and I sleep decently. So any ideas? Is suboxone some miracle way to get off H painlessly? Cause I know for a fact if last week I just went CT from Heroin I would have been close to death for around a week.

Replies are appreciated
- Relapz

I don't think wd will ocurr out of the blue, if it's been 4 days. Usually Sub wd is a lot less intense than full agonist opioid wd, albeit longer lasting.
Maybe You went into it expecting the worst, and now that you've only experienced mild wd symptoms, it may be easier to endure..? Just a theory..
A lot of people come on here reporting that they didn't experience wd when quitting ct, so it's definetely not unheard of. Especially when it comes to suboxone.

- Hopeless Soul

Bupe takes much longer to get out of your system compared to morphine. It can take upwards of 10 days to even reach the peak of a suboxone detox. Meanwhile others have used suboxone short term through a rapid taper schedule and have come out the other end with mild WD symptoms. You may have lucked out this time. If you still only feel slightly sick by the 8th day I would say you are in the clear.

In my 17 years of use I have had about 4 easy detox experiences. 4 out of about 300 hundred other times in which it sucked. Sometime I have found if a person switches between a few different opiates and then uses a quick suboxone taper they can get away with mild symptoms. Suboxone does not detox people alone. They have to taper and stay on it a short time. Some addicts and medical professionals have this idea that you get on suboxone and the time spent on it is the detox. This is simple not true. You are likely experiencing your first WD from a long acting opiate with a half life that is almost 4x that of H. It takes me about 5-6 days for suboxone WD's to really get going. By the 8th day the intensity usually stops increasing. Clients on long term ORT have still tested positive for norbupe 10 days after discontinuing treatment.

Last edited:
It's all about your mind set and yes you werent on it very long. The withdrawals last 7 to 10 days and in your case id think 7. If u want to quict H you have to be on subs everyday for at least a year or theres no point. Its designed for you to create your sober foundation with less urge to use so you aren't a wreck and confused. Good luck to you. And if you stay on go with the higher dose so you have to wait longer to use again and then your using triggers wont be as much of an issues. More is less if that makes sense.

It's all about your mind set and yes you werent on it very long. The withdrawals last 7 to 10 days and in your case id think 7. If u want to quict H you have to be on subs everyday for at least a year or theres no point. Its designed for you to create your sober foundation with less urge to use so you aren't a wreck and confused. Good luck to you. And if you stay on go with the higher dose so you have to wait longer to use again and then your using triggers wont be as much of an issues. More is less if that makes sense.
No I think you are getting the time frame mixed up between short acting opiates and long acting ones like methadone and buprenorphine. WD from short acting opiates can last 7-14 days sometimes longer. The WD from methadone or suboxone just starts to get going by the 7th day and the experience can last upwards of 45 days. WD from suboxone though much milder then H usually lasts a number of weeks or even months.

^ I don't care what opioid/opiate you use, you're in wd by the 7th day!

-hs

^ I don't care what opioid/opiate you use, you're in wd by the 7th day!

-hs
Thats most definitely true. Some times people believe the WD from long acting opiates like bupe is over by the 7th day. I find this not to be true as my WD kept getting worse until about day 8 or 9 when it peaked. After that it slowly started getting better. Thats all.